New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

On 21/07/2022 at 23:05, Ram1988 said:

We also have Sibley for that number 10 role. I don't think we need any more CMs unless someone goes.

I think we are light though outwide and with full backs.

We don’t have Sibley for the number 10 role. He’s for sticking on the bench or playing at left wing. It’s even written into the articles of association for Derby County Football Club Ltd that Louie Sibley must never be played in his best position, except for a few minutes at the end of a match we have already lost, and then only for a maximum of 3 times per season.

13 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

We don’t have Sibley for the number 10 role. He’s for sticking on the bench or playing at left wing. It’s even written into the articles of association for Derby County Football Club Ltd that Louie Sibley must never be played in his best position, except for a few minutes at the end of a match we have already lost, and then only for a maximum of 3 times per season.

From what I've seen from the past couple of seasons - in the U23s too - why should he get that spot?

Based off Nixons & Roseniors comments I have had a look at young attacking players in Prem first team squads for preseason. Below are some names I have come across, some teams I struggled to find their squads or they had no young attacking players involved (that I could see). Obviously some are more realistic than others - 

Arsenal - Balogun
A Villa - Archer
Brentford - X
Brighton - Encisco, Sarmiento, Ferguson
Bournemouth - X
Chelsea - X
C Palace - Ebiowei, Plange, Gordon, Mooney, Cadogan
Everton - Mills
Fulham - X
Leeds - Bogusz, Summerville, Poveda, Perkins, Greenwood
Leicester - Wright, McAteer
Liverpool - X
Man City - Palmer, Kayky, Bobb, McAtee, Knight, Delap
Man Utd - Diallo, Pellistri, Chong, Mejbri, Garnacho
Newcastle - Anderson, Turner-Cooke
N Forest - D. Taylor,
Southampton - X
Tottenham - X
West Ham - Okoflex

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Based off Nixons & Roseniors comments I have had a look at young attacking players in Prem first team squads for preseason. Below are some names I have come across, some teams I struggled to find their squads or they had no young attacking players involved (that I could see). Obviously some are more realistic than others - 

Arsenal - Balogun
A Villa - Archer
Brentford - X
Bournemouth - X
Chelsea - X
Everton - Mills
Fulham - X
Liverpool - X
N Forest - D. Taylor,
Southampton - X
Tottenham - X
West Ham - Okoflex

If I was a betting man I would say Anderson was one of them (not itk).

26 minutes ago, Shadowplay said:

If I was a betting man I would say Anderson was one of them (not itk).

Anderson and Balogun would be the dream ticket. Surprised Dane Scarlett at Tottenham isn’t on the list. He’d be good too.

46 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Arsenal - Balogun
A Villa - Archer
Brentford - X
Bournemouth - X
Chelsea - X
Everton - Mills
Fulham - X
Liverpool - X
N Forest - D. Taylor,
Southampton - X
Tottenham - X
West Ham - Okoflex

It would be nice to have Ebiowei back for a season.

3 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'd be after Dujon Sterling personally... If only for the fact that he's played more first team football (on loan at Blackpool, Wigan and Coventry over the last few seasons).

He is at a good age now and appears to be fairly tall which hopefully would help at set peices.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Anderson and Balogun would be the dream ticket. Surprised Dane Scarlett at Tottenham isn’t on the list. He’d be good too.

I went with players in the the preseason squads, from what I can see Scarlett wasnt in Spurs squad, not vs Rangers anyway. Same for Kaide Gordon not in Liverpools. 

Rosenior said in Prem first teams.

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi from Palace seems most likely. Essentially pushed a bit down the pecking order by the arrival of Ebowei.

You'd expect Palace to have confidence in our coaches to play him and develop him.

Maybe Shoretire from United if Rooney list is still valid.

Or based on L1 last year the Candian kid from Wolves who played at Wednesday first half of season and then went to MK Dons for second half as he wasn't getting used how Wolves wanted at Wednesday. 

Pace and guile with all 3.

https://playerscout.co.uk/football-league-scouting/

The key is being able to identify undervalued talent in the market, develop them, and then sell them on for profit, gradually building more value into the squad and gradually increasing the level of the squad.

Older players don't sell for a profit, and are less useful the following season if already 32. Older players are more injury prone, and if you look at the injury records of a number of the recent signings of this age group you and the fact that at this age players pick up more injuries.

It's possible to say that Derby needed to sign new players quickly due to the transfer window left available once the new ownership went through and have therefore recruited players who once upon a time, were successful at league one level.

The problem is that such players were younger then and more able to play the physical/fast game that happens in league one. 

Take collins he scored a lot of goals for luton in league one 3 years ago, now hes older and scored 3 goals in 23 games last season.

mcgoldrick still has a great football mind, but at 34 hes unlikely in my opinion, to score 10 goals in the coming season. 

Youth loan players, are not as committed to playing for the club as those under contract to the club. Youth players take time to gel at the club, and are not the finished article. That means they are less likely to score a lot of goals if they are strikers for example.

The development of a strategic plan at Derby will provide clarity and outline the conditions for success, defining the type of recruitment Derby want going forward. Derby need to create value in the squad to become more sustainable.

Derby should aim to switch the recruitment bias in favour of players on the rise, who come to Derby and have the opportunity to further their own careers. Derby may not keep them, they may go on to play in the Premier League, but Derby get to enjoy the benefits of that.

Derby will need a football analyst plus a scouting network.

@Oldben you keep driving this agenda against this suthis's recruitment. There are three main factors to consider.

1. We had 3 and a bit weeks to get players signed up

2. We can't pay any fees

3. We can only offer 2 year deals at most.

These factors meant we were limited to free agents, who are typically over 30, injury prone, or very young and judged to not be good enough by their former club. Players younger than 30 are going to be looking for more than just 2 years, so cuts the options down further.

We still have 8 players aged 21 or below in our squad, amd likely to add a couple more in that age band before the window closes. We've signed experienced players for those 8 to learn off. We haven't had many 'streetwise' players in recent seasons, but now we have a lot - this cannot be understated in both developing our younger players and performances on the pitch.