New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

31 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Great that the EFL are so intent on protecting the integrity of the game by not shutting that Watford/Udinese bullsh*t down.

Too busy putting the boot into clubs while they’re on the floor to notice/bother.

Tw*ts.

On that topic I see Zinckernagel (on loan at Forest last season) has now been 'acquired' by Olympiakos from Watford - & Olympiakos are also rumoured to be after Max Lowe

My Forest supporting boss tells me that in the Premiership you are limited to 2 loan signings from the UK but that doesn't apply for loans from abroad.

Suspicious ? Lets see where those two end up

Edited by SamUltraRam

Quite believable, Rosenior could use his contacts (Brighton) in the loan market. Rushworth played for Walsall last season so Brighton appear to be carefully managing his progress. Maybe prefer a keeper with a bit more experience, but the likes of Pope burst on to the scene with a loan at York City when they were still in the league & later at Bury in his early 20s. The Brighton correspondent mentions about giving a young player an opportunity.

He  (Rushworth) is probably being coached/monitored well as Ben Roberts has helped coached the likes of Walton (Ipswich) & Sanchez.

If it happens, two GKs in a week. My cup runneth over.

Portsmouth were keen so if we can pip them, this would certainly soften the blow of losing Buchanan. 

‘He is the complete modern day goalkeeper’ - The Brighton verdict on Portsmouth target Carl Rushworth

‘What the club tells us is that he is the complete modern day goalkeeper, a good shot stopper, agile, good with his feet and has great distribution and is expected to have a very good career.

Brighton are keen for him to play first team football at the next level after his loan at Walsall.

That would be the next step for him to be playing regular football higher up than League Two – and Portsmouth (League 1) could be that place.

‘It would be an interesting test to see if he can step up to fill Gavin Bazunu’s shoes (on loan at Portsmouth but joined Southampton from Man City) but sometimes it’s about giving those younger players an opportunity and seeing what they can do.

We could have two GKs with different points to prove, the older one to prove that he warranted more starts at SWFC, the other to showcase his talents to his parent club.

Good that we seem to have brought in two keepers.  Good competition and back up.  If comments on Twit Zone are anything to go by Rushworth is a great talent and one for the future.  Personally I know nothing about him but let's hope they're right. 

Did ask my Owls mate about Wildsmith and he commented that he thought he was a decent keeper, better than Cameron Dawson who has just returned from his exploits with Exeter, when it seems he did very well. So it sounds like we may have two decent keepers to start us off. 

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

It's the same as too many youngsters at Derby, including Gordon and Delap over the last couple of years. 

The difference between Derby going into administration and not Birmingham is that they had a loyal youngster called Jude Bellingham who waited until his 17th birthday, signed a contract with Blues, so they could sell him next day for £25M. In recognition of his loyalty Blues have 'retired' his shirt number.

Probably more an inditement as to how poorly run weve been by mel.

a savvy owner / club get millions for their talent brum … and sadly forest being the best example 

32 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

or were we expecting a fee for buchanon

Maybe.

Either way, just my guess, but I suspect there should have been more announcements between Saturday and now and for whatever reason it hasn't happened.

Saturday felt like the beginning of something and with people like Nixon saying players like Hourianne and Chester were expected to sign i suppose it raised expectations.

No taking away from the club though, to tie Thompson and Cashin down to contracts is absolutely massive and to add Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen is fantastic.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe.

Either way, just my guess, but I suspect there should have been more announcements between Saturday and now and for whatever reason it hasn't happened.

Saturday felt like the beginning of something and with people like Nixon saying players like Hourianne and Chester were expected to sign i suppose it raised expectations.

No taking away from the club though, to tie Thompson and Cashin down to contracts is absolutely massive and to add Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen is fantastic.

Talk of signing the likes of Hourianne seemed a bit fanciful to me. Excellent player, no question. However, with the clubs restricted finances, how could we afford such luxury?