Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wayne Rooney was the highest paid manager in the Championship.

It’s a shame he has gone. But, could the financial aspect be part of it?

Why have him in charge when we could have somebody like Tony Mowbray on a quarter of his wages?

It’s going be the same goal anyway. Promotion.

Was destined for the exit door as soon as his (and his agents) choice of owner was dead in the water.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Pretty sure he could argue that he’s put a lot of his personal money into keeping things going with the away trips and training facilities.

Think we just need thank him for his efforts while he was here and wish him well on what he does next.

I'd be surprised if he's sacrificed a week's wages!

6 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

If his plan was to leave all along we could of got a fee from Everton.

absolutely gutted I think everyone was behind him, all out for Ian evatt now surely.

Can't see him leaving Bolton to be honest

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Love him for the work he's done for us, but this aligns with my worries about what might have happened had Kirchner taken over. Can't help but get the sense that having Stretford on the board would have appealed to him for all the wrong reasons.

I didn't have a problem with his backing of Chris Kirchner. Them both being on the same page was a good thing and I was very hopeful for this season. But having his agent Paul Stretford on the board is just plain wrong.

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Pretty sure he could argue that he’s put a lot of his personal money into keeping things going with the away trips and training facilities.

Think we just need thank him for his efforts while he was here and wish him well on what he does next.

Hope he kept the receipts 

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

One of the small victories here is an end to "Celebrity DCFC". Hopefully now we can get stable financially and just be a normal boring run-of-the-mill football club that the tabloid media simply have no interest in talking about.

Since Lampard we've just had this bizarre media circus surrounding us.

Please can we just be boring and normal and safe and no more drink-driving scandals or drunken hotel extortion attempts or any of that business?

all-of-this-pointing.gif

No doubt it’s a huge set back, but you could argue we’ve lost so much of our spine that the playing squad doesn’t really have much identity left anyway for his (or anyone’s) playing philosophy. He’s done incredibly well with the hand he was dealt and he goes with my full respect. 

It starts with ownership and exiting administration, then we can start looking forwards. 

Respect and thanks for last season. I had doubts he'd be the right man for us going forward anyway, but he was absolutely the right man for last season and gave us all some great moments amongst the mire.

As long as his replacement isn't a former Derby Manager or a member of England's "Golden Generation" then I'll take it. 

A completely new direction to the Melvin Morris years please new owner(s).