Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

After the WC, from a footballing perspective, there's nothing to stop him coming back here. Clearly by those quotes it's not working out in Birmingham. It would be fantastic to have him back.

I'd almost forgot about him, If we can get a fit KB back that would put more icing on our cake ?

Odd comments, he’s playing regularly at a higher level and Bham fans are very happy with him. So it seems there’s no desire on their end to get rid of him.

He’d be a huge plus for us if he could stay fit, he could play midfield or one of the back three with the ability to step forwards with the ball.

I imagine the wages would be a big issue, as they were in July.

Seems like a non-starter to me. Let him go presumably for financial reasons primarily (with perhaps a secondary reason of giving him a better opportunity of going to a World Cup?). Can’t see what would have changed (and presumably he couldn’t return to play until the new year anyway, so seems even more premature)

The Birmingham fans seem to rate him.  Here are some of their comments after the weekend.

'Bielik is class. Looks effortless, his positioning is spot on, absolutely solid. Hope he avoids injury as much as possible.'

'Two footed midfielder who makes it look effortless. He can get out of a pressure situation with impeccable close control'

'He is absolutely the best in his position in this divison . Long may he stay fit . I love just watching a proper footballer'

'Best defensive midfielder in the league, good enough for prem';

Nice to see him fit and playing well again. I hope he makes the World Cup squad and has a good tournament.  The lad deserves it after all his injury problems.  

Another compelling reason to secure promotion ASAP, is getting Bielik back in the side. The injuries to him and Gorgeous George reaped havoc on this club and are a bitter pill to swallow and watching him prosper for a shower of ignorant ****s who happily sang about our demise just makes it even worse.

On 09/10/2022 at 14:15, Ramarena said:

Odd comments, he’s playing regularly at a higher level and Bham fans are very happy with him. So it seems there’s no desire on their end to get rid of him.

He’d be a huge plus for us if he could stay fit, he could play midfield or one of the back three with the ability to step forwards with the ball.

I imagine the wages would be a big issue, as they were in July.

It would be after the World Cup so it would be a case of can we afford the wage bill ?

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It would be after the World Cup so it would be a case of can we afford the wage bill ?

I think @DCFC1388might have hit the nail on the head.

With good revenue levels it may give us increased flexibility in the business plan for 6 months and as you say the World Cup issue, will no longer be an issue.