New Kits 22-23 Season

SparxTheRam

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

unsure about the home shirt until it sinks in. Brilliant to see something different though, so a thumbs up from me. 

Did you miss the ‘t’ after the first ‘s’ in ‘sinks’?

I’ve always been a fan of Umbro due to me associating their kits with the greatest period in our history. I suppose the problem is, what can they do with white shirts that will make a change large enough to get us fans to buy them?

Perhaps we’ll get the red numbers on the back of the shirts back next year.

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

Only hear bad things about the quality of Castore shirts - Rangers, Villa and Newcastle.

Has to be Hummel (albeit they've had some slip ups with Everton this season) or Jako

Strange thing with Castore is the pricing. Very high if produced by Castore. See Villa. But Wolves manufacture their own kits and training gear to Castore designs and keep the prices 20% less

Saying that i am not fussed about the kits, because i am just so delighted that we are still a club is not a jab at anyone wanting to discuss the kits, it is just honestly how i still feel.  i'll play though to speed my recovery.

The home shirt is not my style really, don't like the stripes, don't like the collar.  i like black as an away kit, but the green doesn't do it for me.  The third kit is lovely.

1 hour ago, roboto said:

As a graphic designer who has worked at places that have held social media competitions for people to have a go at designing things, it is much quicker and easier just to do the design work yourself. 99% of the submitted efforts have errors or don't take into account printing processes or other things that affect how good or bad a design is.

I love it when people suggest that anyone can design because they've seen some other efforts online. I wouldn't suggest that people should become a football manager because they've watched a few matches in their time.

At the end of the day, a design is never going to please everyone. We all have our own tastes and opinions, and we're all welcome to them. The task at hand is to design something that engages with the client and/or their customers. As you can see here, we've got a few people disgruntled that the home kit is too busy, but when we've released kits with a plainer design (last 2 seasons for example), a lot of people have asked for a more interesting design.

All in all, Umbro haven't been as terrible as you've let on. I don't think I'd want a Castore kit though, they seem to be the next Macron/Joma from what I've seen of their stuff over the last couple of years. As they get more clubs in their portfolio they will soon be serving out templated kits to those lower down the pecking order.

I quite like recent Puma kits and they seem to do different things for lower league clubs too. I don't think we've ever had a Nike kit, so perhaps that's another one to go for so we've used all the recent major players.

Fair enough, this is my point - not understanding why manufacturers wouldn't do competitions - yours is the only one I've ever seen!

In terms of inviting designs - if there are issues with the public not understanding printing processes etc, it could be something where a "winning" design is then adapted to meet technical requirements by the manufacturer. Is it Jake Barker on Twitter who had a go using our traditional colours for example? 

I definitely don't think Umbro have been terrible, just not terribly exciting, and Castore was just an example, maybe Hummel/Puma, whoever, might just be time for a change!

I still can't work out whether I love or hate the home shirt. 

I suppose that this is what you get when accountants have to approve artistic things...somehow it manages to be quirky and mundane all at the same time.

The main point is that I'm going to watch a team wearing it tomorrow...which is brilliant, given where we were a few weeks ago.

4 hours ago, David said:

At what point are we allowed to move on and discuss kits, signings, games, the nitty gritty without being seen as ungrateful that we still have a club to support?

If we lose tomorrow 5-0, do we just continue with the well we’re lucky to have the club, Cashin overhead kicks into his own net, well we’re lucky to have a club.

I don’t think you will find one fan that is not eternally grateful and ever forget what David Clowes did by rescuing the club, this season will have that continuation of the feel good factor from last season, but we do need to start bringing some normality back in now where we can say that third kit is shocking without being seen to be ungrateful.

I’m just glad we’ve got a season to watch (I’m not over the pandemic yet). 

22 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Christ they're some terrible photos ?

Did someone forget to pay the electricity bill?

Agree.  This must be some crap ‘social media’ friendly, spontaneous, yet amateurish, trendy concept. Looks horrid.