LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just to clarify, I didn’t say Sibley and Knight are off. Just that the club is expecting bids. I expect both to stay. Knights close on a new deal and Sibley is starting to show what he can offer. 

You must feel really pressurised today Big Trav.........glad I am not ITK like you...........

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember Liam saying we were chasing players at clubs at the top of the premier league, I'm guessing we missed out on those?

Potentially. Just like with Oko Flex, these players try and wait for a Championship move and may only go for us when there isn't one.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

On a general point does anyone know why the transfer window doesnt close before the first game of the season so that teams can be settled? Not really sure why there also has to be a January transfer window. 

Because the premiersh*t tried that but it ended up disadvantaging themselves because the rest of Europe could still buy their players until the end of August

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Quick update as lots has happened yesterday and overnight. Despite Knight close on a new deal DCFC are expecting 3-4 bids from Championship clubs and depending on figures etc he could go. My gut feeling is he’ll stay but honestly it’s 50/50. Also expecting late bids for Sibbo namely from Cov and Milwall. It’s deadline day and word through the grapevine is Derby are going to be extremely busy with incomings and outgoings. I’ve personally heard no names but for guesses I’d say Cybulski and Foulkes out on loan and a couple loanees brought in ot players in for frees similar to Collins. I’ll try update later but I’d strap in for today!

Are you running this Twitter account? Or at least comparing notes with one another? 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

All fair points but we still have bills to pay and I would hate to see us lose Knight and Sibley but our new owner didn’t want to buy a football club because they are expensive to run especially when we owe payments on Belick and probably Jozwiak 

let’s hope Knight and Sibley want to play at and for Derby County more than they do a current championship club and it’s a very mediocre championship at that. 

Yes, we do have bills to pay, but I would imagine that the agreed financial plan agreed with the EFL would have us running at break even, at the very least. I would also think that this plan was based on a very conservative estimation of income from crowds probably around 20k. As it happens our average crowds are even higher than b4's optimistic forecasts. I would think that our income currently, is well in excess of £100k per match above the planned figure.

It would take a ridiculous offer to prise one of these players away, which couldn't be reinvested in the team and so could only have a detrimental effect on the teams chances this season.

38 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you running this Twitter account? Or at least comparing notes with one another? 

What are you implying??? That Big Trav just looks at other transfer sites and then summarises his findings and shares with us....saying he has ITK links????? How very dare you to suggest such a thing........