POLL: Stephen Pearce - Do you sack him? (ask him to resign)

Mostyn6

Stephen Pearce   

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without posting anything defamatory, where do you stand on Stephen Pearce's future at Derby County.

My own feeling is that he is an accomplice to the destruction of the good times at Derby, either by joint venture, or by being too weak to guide MM away from Danger.

I personally think he should walk away.

Edited by Mostyn6
to add 'POLL' to title

Clearly he has been party to some catastrophic decision making at the club and he will have played a role in that. He, more than anybody, will be keen to move on to something else when the time comes.

However, just for a bit of perspective, he still reported to Mel. Anyone who thinks he had an equal decision making position, or was able to influence what Mel did to any great extent, is probably a bit naive. I'm sure he received many of the assurances and promises we all did.

This won't be a positive post, and I'm certainly not standing up for Stephen, he doesn't need me to! It's just good sometimes to take a step back, I don't think everything is always as clear cut as we think. Football clubs are murky places with lots of rumour, with no decisions made by committee. Could he have done more to prevent the mess we're in? For sure, but we will never know the ins and outs.

He will go, 100% and that will be the right decision. But ultimately, he isn't the main culprit in all of this imho.

Would be interested to know why people think he deserves to be "got rid of".

P&S
It's still debateable as to whether we implemented a compliant policy or not, despite everything. Pretty much an even split of opinion from all people involved in making the verdicts, almost all of those with an accounting background were in favour of it being compliant after all. Yes, we were set to fail P&S massively regardless of the policy used, but that's much more down to the recruitment failing than the policy itself.

Administration
Mel and the EFL both played a role in this. Mel for deciding to pull the plug after choosing to spend unsustainable amounts of money. The EFL for going on a 3 year long pursuit against the club for the stadium and amortisation policy which resulted in several failed takeovers which would have kept us out of administration. What was Pearce's role in this?

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S
It's still debateable as to whether we implemented a compliant policy or not, despite everything. Pretty much an even split of opinion from all people involved in making the verdicts, almost all of those with an accounting background were in favour of it being compliant after all. Yes, we were set to fail P&S massively regardless of the policy used, but that's much more down to the recruitment failing than the policy itself.

Administration
Mel and the EFL both played a role in this. Mel for deciding to pull the plug after choosing to spend unsustainable amounts of money. The EFL for going on a 3 year long pursuit against the club for the stadium and amortisation policy which resulted in several failed takeovers which would have kept us out of administration. What was Pearce's role in this?

I like the idea of trying to present a few facts before we have him shot.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S

Administration

He was a director wasn’t he? Presumably voted through selling the stadium to Morris. That’s pretty unforgivable, I’m afraid. 

Happy to be corrected if I’ve got that wrong.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

On the ones where I have no opinion one way or the other. I just want to see the results.

On the match prediction thing I always chose 'lose'.

I’m stunned that you have no opinion as to whether SP should stay or go.

I suspect this poll could be a landslide.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S

Administration

Surely, the CEO (and former CFO) in situ during our darkest hour has to take some responsible for the dire situation the club has found itself in. As you say, none of us really know what his role was in the debacle but, it’s difficult to side step significant criticism when holding such a senior position.

Think he’s been harshly targeted without knowing the full facts… he’s the last remaining part of the previous regime so had born the full brunt of anger that should really have been aimed towards Mel. He’s got off very lightly all things considered because he ran away.

That said, with a takeover should come a total clear out of the previous regime, the CEO probably the biggest casualty. Pearce will have to go. But why should he quit? I certainly wouldn’t quit when I can get paid to do my job! And, FWIW, I think we still need him right now - from what I hear the administrators are doing nothing for their money in terms of running the club.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

P&S

Administration

He’s been second-in-command during what’s probably been the darkest period in our club’s history.

He also claimed publicly not too long ago that the club was in reasonable financial health, which has turned out to be anything but the case. I won’t say anything libellous, but I’ll leave you to your own conclusion as to whether he was being honest in his assessment or not.

Get rid, without even a second thought.