Swansea vs The Rams Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

13 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Allsop

Byrne      Stearman  Cashin    Fozzy

Bielik     Knight

Malcolm    Raval    Lawrence    

Curtis 

I actually thought Davies was about to be moved up front when we scored against Preston - if we had a big strong lad up front we would be scoring a lot more from those crosses we put into the box 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I actually thought Davies was about to be moved up front when we scored against Preston - if we had a big strong lad up front we would be scoring a lot more from those crosses we put into the box 

I think maybe the thread should have read ‘Curtis up top for the 3 away games’, we seem ok at home. If we hadn’t lost Bitd maybe Bielik was an option too?  Agree about nobody being on the end of crosses, some great ones from Byrne ?

13 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

You are right and the last time I went to Swansea. I only remember that it was a wet day and a young Dean Saunders got their goal.

It was the 3-0 Trevor Christie night I was thinking of  but 3-0 5-1 or any win at all will do nicely

Crazy difference between home and away this season. Derby have taken 37 points from home matches this season - only 3 points less than the top home side Fulham. Must be a record for a bottom side! Just 12 points away is miserable really. 1 point from last 8 matches away. It's becoming bizarre. I think Derby should just play an attacking style. Swansea concede a fair amount of goals (more than Derby) and Derby desperately need an away win. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought we won 5-1 away but it might have been someone else....

It was 3-0 win away to set up the Friday night promotion against Rotherham,  we stumbled along only needing a couple of wins but had fixture backlog and kept drawing games

On 03/04/2022 at 09:35, Jimbo Ram said:

I think maybe the thread should have read ‘Curtis up top for the 3 away games’, we seem ok at home. If we hadn’t lost Bitd maybe Bielik was an option too?  Agree about nobody being on the end of crosses, some great ones from Byrne ?

Yes but some truly horrendous ones from others - not our strong point that final ball in - you would need curtis with Bielik on his shoulders

Edited by CBRammette
Cant type

7 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Wasn't that the midweek home game with new signing John Gregory in the stands, lowest gate of the season iirc, less than 10k!

Gregory was signed just before the home game with Lincoln, which we won 7-0! He made his debut the following Saturday at home to Crewe in the 1st Rd of the FA Cup. We won that 5-1.

We scored goals in those days!

On 03/04/2022 at 09:35, Jimbo Ram said:

We need someone on the end of crosses  - what with Easter coming up soon