Swansea vs The Rams Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Rooney suggesting he’s going to start conversations with players this week who he wants to stay around next season. Suggests that he will also be sticking around, despite the fairly nailed on relegation looming. That’s good.

Be interested to see how the players react to this. Would think some fancy their chances at this level (at least) while others may happily stick around another year and build towards what could be a League 1 challenge (points deduction not appearing)

4 hours ago, r4derby said:

Rooney suggesting he’s going to start conversations with players this week who he wants to stay around next season. Suggests that he will also be sticking around, despite the fairly nailed on relegation looming. That’s good.

Be interested to see how the players react to this. Would think some fancy their chances at this level (at least) while others may happily stick around another year and build towards what could be a League 1 challenge (points deduction not appearing)

Interesting what Rooney said about Lawrence.

"I know Tom wants to play for this football club, he wants to play for me."

I don't for a second believe he'll stay if we go down, but it does make you think.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You might have to prove your age if they think you look too young ?

We went to watch Bristol City v Rams (it's our local game) a few years back and my son had 'accidentally' bought an under-17 ticket.  He was fairly fresh faced, but was challenged at the turnstile.  'How old are you mate?', Err, sorry, I'm 19 he replied honestly, reaching for his wallet to pay the extra.  'Don't worry about it mate, for being so honest I'll let in with this ticket anyway!'

Realise that was a decade ago now.

"I have got a couple of young lads I might bring into the squad from the under-18s and the under-23s. I am looking at different options we can use off the bench to try and win the game," manager Wayne Rooney said at his pre-match press conference. Sixteen-year-old attacking midfielder or wide attacker, Carlos Richards, has been training with the first-team squad..."

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Let’s hope we don’t have our 8th away loss in a row! It’ll equal another bad record we don’t want ?

We have already lost 8 away games on the trot if you count the Coventry cup game . 9 on the bounce with our fantastic away following will be very disappointing. If you fancy an upturn you can get 7-1 on Rams with both teams to score.

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not sure.

"Carlos Richards has posted a pic of himself training with the first-team to IG." @Ghost of Clough do you know?

Little fella who plays on either wing. May have filled in at RB a couple of times too.

Spent most of his youth career at Chelsea but moved to West Ham last season before moving to us in the summer.

Been called up a couple of times for Gibraltar but I can't remember which age group that was.

Edited by Ghost of Clough