World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

We're good at beating teams like Wales and Iran, but as soon as we come up against another quality team we choke under the pressure and lose virtually every single time.

I just hope that we can get ourselves a new manager now that isnt an FA yes man.

I’ve always been critical of England’s ability to beat the best teams.

Once again we have fallen short.

But I genuinely believe this was our best performance against a good team I have seen in my lifetime. England dominated this game but lost on fine margins.

Italy were the better team in the Euro final.

England were the better team here.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We're good at beating teams like Wales and Iran, but as soon as we come up against another quality team we choke under the pressure and lose virtually every single time.

I just hope that we can get ourselves a new manager now that isnt an FA yes man.

We didn't 'choke under the pressure.' We gave everything and were just unlucky. A 50/50 game that we lost. It happens.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’ve always been critical of England’s ability to beat the best teams.

Once again we have fallen short.

But I genuinely believe this was our best performance against a good team I have seen in my lifetime. England dominated this game but lost on fine margins.

Italy were the better team in the Euro final.

England were the better team here.

Because it takes a better manager than we've got.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Agreed. Not a bad performance tonight, arguably hard done by but we're again beaten by the first decent team we come up against and all so predictable, story of pretty much every England tournament. And in those key moments that define winners, we bottle it (2nd peno tonight) and the opposition doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Can we please for the love of god go for an attacking manager now! I can’t stomach any more of southgates, stale, boring, negative football. 

Oooh I say. 

There was a tv shot of Southgate that commo talked over with the 'he doesn't panic' crap. Rubbish he's paralysed with fear, frightened to make a mistake - all very 'Being There'! ? He's not very good.