Desperate idea to save derby county

B4ev6is

Just now, GeneralRam said:

No. Get used to the fact we are going under.

I don’t know if it’s denial from the majority of fans or what by we need to come to terms with that.

Look we got fight for our club that is derby county if it means take over can go through easier then so be it we the fans buy the ground back.

B4 I respect you at lot mate but honestly there’s nothing we can do. We can protest. What’s that going to achieve realistically. Mel Morris will be known as a man who single-handedly killed a founding member of the EFL. The EFL will be under scrutiny as now Us, Bolton, Wigan, Macclesfield Among many other keep going down. I think we’ll see a massive change in English football in the years to come 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

B4 I respect you at lot mate but honestly there’s nothing we can do. We can protest. What’s that going to achieve realistically. Mel Morris will be known as a man who single-handedly killed a founding member of the EFL. The EFL will be under scrutiny as now Us, Bolton, Wigan, Macclesfield Among many other keep going down. I think we’ll see a massive change in English football in the years to come 

The point is this is our club I tell what protests does put mel and admin under pressure to get this done but If we could raise the funds then we can get ground of mel and then it belongs to city of derby and derby county can remain just that.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

The point is this is our club I tell what protests does put mel and admin under pressure to get this done but If we could raise the funds then we can get ground of mel and then it belongs to city of derby and derby county can remain just that.

You’ll be better buying a Burton shirt and going to watch them instead.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I do agree with you totally B4 - I expected that fronting up something like this was what "Team Derby" would come up with and provide the organisation for. Its too big for a group of fans to be able to do it as it needs to be professionally run to get larger donations from rich fans who can. One of the fans groups was looking at it I thought ages ago. Would be well miffed if we could have potentially saved club with this. Despite the doom merchants, if we want to think positively perhaps this hasnt happened because there is still some hope of a deal? Does anyone have any contacts at Team Derby as would be genuinely interested whether this has been looked at as not sure who else could have got off the ground

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The admins and Mel are fully ensconced in their respective nuclear bunkers so are totally immune to the fall out from any protests.

You would be better buying a ouija board to try and communicate with either of them.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The admins and Mel are fully ensconced in their respective nuclear bunkers so are totally immune to the fall out from any protests.

You would be better buying a ouija board to try and communicate with either of them.

Those ouija boards are not to be messed with they are dangourse.

1 hour ago, inglorious02 said:

To be fair, if we sold 20000 season tickets for next year that could generate £10 million. They aren't on sale at the moment. Sponsorship deals/new shirt another few million. Or is my maths way off on this??

As others have pointed out, season ticket sales income is released throughout the season (presumably pro-rata as games are completed).

Also, we'll need the income streams you have mentioned to pay our way next season.

I remember talk a while ago suggesting the council take ownership of Pride Park with the intention to sell it back to the club at some point in the future. 

I seem to think the general consensus was it wasn't a runner.

Problem is the club without the stadium isn't really worth that much compared to the debts.

I'm not sure how much could be crowdfunded anyway, probably not £22m.

This will go to the wire. Brinkmanship is a common ploy with prospective buyers of companies in administration.

Why pay 50mil now when you can buy for 40mil later when Mel realises he has a worthless tonne of brezzeblock in his estate.

I recommend meditation or other form or stress relief as this will run until it can't anymore. It won't be pretty.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we us the derby fans raise that 22m that mel wants for the ground I am sure if we can sort this maybe we can chat rooney would he be willing to throw in 10m just help get us started.

Just so I can benchmark what I might need to put into the pot here, what figure are you happy to donate B4?

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we us the derby fans raise that 22m that mel wants for the ground I am sure if we can sort this maybe we can chat rooney would he be willing to throw in 10m just help get us started.

Mate, you were shocked at the price of a ringside seat at the boxing at PP yesterday.

We can’t, as supporters afford to buy Derby.