Desperate idea to save derby county

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Mate, you were shocked at the price of a ringside seat at the boxing at PP yesterday.

We can’t, as supporters afford to buy Derby. 

I do £50 to £75 ones

But just ringside seats just too experance.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Mel Morris is mostly responsible for the mess that we're in. Nevertheless, it's entirely reasonable that he wouldn't want his hair coiffured at a football stadium.

I don't see how having a short back and sides on the concourse behind the West Stand will help the situation. Is it like the olden days of pelting offenders, held in stocks, with rotten tomatoes?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Mel Morris is mostly responsible for the mess that we're in. Nevertheless, it's entirely reasonable that he wouldn't want his hair coiffured at a football stadium.

I don't see how having a short back and sides on the concourse behind the West Stand will help the situation. Is it like the olden days of pelting offenders, held in stocks, with rotten tomatoes?

I like the stocks  and rotten tomatoes idea ?

he  has no hair to cut

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we us the derby fans raise that 22m that mel wants for the ground I am sure if we can sort this maybe we can chat rooney would he be willing to throw in 10m just help get us started.

I doubt very much we can raise 22 million but every pound we can raise will help make a difference. I don't understand why the administrators haven't looked into crowd funding yet....

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can we us the derby fans raise that 22m that mel wants for the ground I am sure if we can sort this maybe we can chat rooney would he be willing to throw in 10m just help get us started.

I don’t think the fans in general can raise £22m , although Didn’t Nixon say we only need another £5m. That really only takes a few wealthy people to club together . Or just one.. mr Mel Morris. 

33 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think the fans in general can raise £22m , although Didn’t Nixon say we only need another £5m. That really only takes a few wealthy people to club together . Or just one.. mr Mel Morris. 

Including the stadium it seems we need around £52m. It would appear offers are around £32m. Usually if there is a will on both sides a deal is struck somewhere in the middle. My guess is £40m will do it with Mel rightly taking most if not all of the hit. That deal won't be struck though until we have a date for liquidation. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why on earth would Rooney throw in 10m! Dreamland.

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I do admire you optimism and support for our club, but unfortunately this is just something we the fans cannot impact.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Including the stadium it seems we need around £52m. It would appear offers are around £32m. Usually if there is a will on both sides a deal is struck somewhere in the middle. My guess is £40m will do it with Mel rightly taking most if not all of the hit. That deal won't be struck though until we have a date for liquidation. 

We need £52 m for what? To avoid points deduction? GOC estimated between £37 m and £44m . Some reports say we have had offers of £40 m. Others say we are £5 m or £10m short. 

Don’t think we are £22m short of avoiding penalties.  But nobody knows do they?

I am fairly sure (or hoping) that despite the mess Mel has got us into. He is currently trying to get back as much as he can for the club/stadium. After all he has put a lot of money into it. However, when push comes to shove, I am not sure he will want to be remembered as the man who destroyed a founding member club.

He will do the right thing in the end.

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

If we somehow raised enough money to buy the stadium how would we pay to maintain it after that?

And if we're just going to sell it back may as well leave it with Mel.

Well I was thinking that once mel out of freaking way we give back to derby county and to new owner or owners.

So the plan is, raise enough money to satisfy Quantuma that ‘the fans’ plus the generosity of Mr Rooney (!?) can meet the requirements that apparent billionaires are seemingly not willing to meet - and prove that ‘the fans’ can ensure the long term future of the club (which Q have said is a factor) - then when all that is sorted, we then either give it to some new owners for free (very generous) or sell it to them, presumably for the same price they are currently unwilling to pay.

I think there might be a flaw in this plan.

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I was thinking that once mel out of freaking way we give back to derby county and to new owner or owners.

I appreciate the idea and as much as i want to save Derby i dont think the people of Derby should buy a stadium and then just gift it to a billionaire who could easily buy it on their own

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well we got to do something and quick.

What ever happens, we will have some sort of club to support. Not sure of the league position or name of the club, but it will be known as Derby County.  So Saturdays will still be the same routine mate, get up, watch the Rams.  Who cares which league we’re in if we are proper supporters?