Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Does it matter what division we could be in when we don’t have a club to support?  Reality is we are on the brink of not being in any division, time to stop sitting on our hands imo 

Frustrations are totally understandable in these unprecedented circumstances. When you analyse what needs to happen to change the course of events, it would be something like:

1. A potential owner comes in with a generous bid that will satisfy the financial requirements to keep the club afloat moving forward.

2. Mr Morris takes a charitable stance and agrees to sell PP for a nominal amount (enabling the facilitation of point 1).

Considering the two scenarios; what type of protest or supporter venting, would in all probability, motivate either of the above? 

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Frustrations are totally understandable in these unprecedented circumstances. When you analyse what needs to happen to change the course of events, it would be something like:

1. A potential owner comes in with a generous bid that will satisfy the financial requirements to keep the club afloat moving forward.

2. Mr Morris takes a charitable stance and agrees to sell PP for a nominal amount (enabling the facilitation of point 1).

Considering the two scenarios; what type of protest or supporter venting, would in all probability, motivate either of the above? 

1. Hasn’t happened in the last 6 months and according to rumours isn’t happening any time soon 

2. The man didn’t pay the St John Ambulance what he owed, you think he’d pay the rest of the debts he owes? 

3. I agree we should sit on our hands and clap when told too, anything else means you’re not a fan and should hold your head in shame. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

1. Hasn’t happened in the last 6 months and according to rumours isn’t happening any time soon 

2. The man didn’t pay the St John Ambulance what he owed, you think he’d pay the rest of the debts he owes? 

3. I agree we should sit on our hands and clap when told too, anything else means you’re not a fan and should hold your head in shame. 

What in your opinion would fans invading the pitch achieve.

Protest outside the ground by all means but in the ground all as one in support of Rooney and the lads and the great escape which is still on although more difficult than it was.

In times of extreme adversity this season the team have always delivered. They will again. Think us fans while it’s tough need to dig deep and find our mojo again. I thought we were really flat against Cov as if it peoples belief is waning, and it took the penalty to drag us out of it, we’ve got to snap out of that and believe, be fully behind the team from the first whistle. The staff and squad deserve that from us.

7 hours ago, europia said:

Genuine question... and not specifically aimed at the individual poster...

Are these only "unprecedented circumstances" due to social media? 
Is this one worse than the last time we so very nearly went under, or does it merely (for want of a better word) appear to be more perilous this time, as there is more information/misinformation/rumour/opinion/hearsay available via the interweb?
Are the figures involved this time relatively higher than last time, and/or the situation more critical this time around?

Genuine question, as I know very little about the Stuart Webb thing, despite being around back then.  From a business survival pov, are we in it a lot deeper this time? 

It's all becoming rather bleak, and I'm reluctant to be flippant, and assume all will end well, but is it genuinely unprecedented?   ?‍♂️

?

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Protest outside the ground by all means but in the ground all as one in support of Rooney and the lads and the great escape which is still on although more difficult than it was.

In times of extreme adversity this season the team have always delivered. They will again. Think us fans while it’s tough need to dig deep and find our mojo again. I thought we were really flat against Cov as if it peoples belief is waning, and it took the penalty to drag us out of it, we’ve got to snap out of that and believe, be fully behind the team from the first whistle. The staff and squad deserve that from us.

I think we were flatter v Cov because the players were flatter on the pitch... until the penalty.
It's a two-way street.  We really are all in it together.   

#30,000musketeers ?

7 hours ago, Foreveram said:

What in your opinion would fans invading the pitch achieve.

Did I mention invading the pitch? The poster said nows not the time to protest. My point is if now isn’t the time to make our voices heard through whatever form of protest, then when is? 
We’re on the brink of extinction, if you want to go quietly into the night then crack on, I couldn’t live with myself if we go to the wall and I’ve done nothing to fight against it. 

Am in Edinburgh with my girlfriend so can't be there today but shall be listening. I hope people keep off the pitch, whilst there is still hope to avoid relegation disruption to games should not be tolerated. Of course it's frustrating but this season the fans have been united in a way that I have never seen so let's not spoil that. 

On the football this is really s must win tbh. A draw is not enough. Hopefully the international break will have done them some good so we can find our mojo again. Coyr

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Did I mention invading the pitch? The poster said nows not the time to protest. My point is if now isn’t the time to make our voices heard through whatever form of protest, then when is? 
We’re on the brink of extinction, if you want to go quietly into the night then crack on, I couldn’t live with myself if we go to the wall and I’ve done nothing to fight against it. 

You didn’t mention it but others have and you gave the impression that you supported such action, If that’s not the case then fair enough. I think pressure should be applied to the people that can make a difference to our situation but as a fan base I believe it’s our job to get behind the team on match days and the last thing they need right now is people disrupting the match. I certainly won’t be sitting on my hands and I will be there at every match singing loud and proud till the end wherever we finish. #WFTTE.

13 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Does it matter what division we could be in when we don’t have a club to support?  Reality is we are on the brink of not being in any division, time to stop sitting on our hands imo 

We will, we have been in worse positions than this. We will survive and we will flourish. I understand where you are coming from, but we need to support the team

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That has genuinely made my day. I hardly recognised her from the little girl that was so poorly during the Lampard era. It's great to see her doing so well. ?

She was actually on the pitch at the Women's match last Sunday, helping Jamie Thras with his We Are Derby. She is still dancing, so bubbly and full of life.