Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Can’t give him an excuse to do so, Curtis needs to be talking to the lads and make sure they stay calm

Nothing Knight could have done other than move away from Evans and let him have the ball. 

That’s not an option!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Nothing Knight could have done other than move away from Evans and let him have the ball. 

That’s not an option!

Fair point, I just meant in general, PNE are going to try everything they can to rile us up and get the ref to level the numbers, there’s already been a couple of bits of play acting etc… the swines 

I’d bring Bielik on for Buchanan at half time and let Festy join in attacks as the 2nd musketeer at left back. As others have said, Festy is not very good as a left winger but against Barnsley at left back he looked useful. 

Then Sibley for the last 20 if it’s still 0-0. With their organisation and height Preston concern me even with 1 less player.

Not a bad half. Preston were working hard to close us down and nullify us.

The red card put us in the driving seat. Now we to improve our final ball/shooting, which has been poor/lacking confidence.

We look fairly good apart from on the left as Festy is so uncomfortable out there (not sure what the thinking is behind this as it unbalances us), he’s got more space since the red card but he’s still struggling in that final third.

I’d look to move Festy to the right and maybe Malcolm to the left and go with a flat back four!

Rooney has the time and opportunity to win this game if he gets the changes right. Agree with what others have said about Festy being ineffective, could do with him being moved off the left wing, either to the right or either fullback position. Sibley and Bielik are options, and Ravel. 

Lovely counter attack ends in a Buchanan shot saved and bouncing out for a Derby corner, more of that intent please ? Noticed they’re still pressing us high up the pitch, if we can beat their press there’s plenty of space in behind for the likes of Festy and Ebiowei