Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Fantastic win and a massive three points.

But now we need to buck the trend of winning a big game and then letting momentum slip away.

Reading keep digging out results against the odds, so we too really need to produce a result or two from out of the blue.

Win or draw in Swansea and we’re still in the fight.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But now we need to buck the trend of winning a big game and then letting momentum slip away.

Reading keep digging out results against the odds, so we too really need to produce a result or two from out of the blue.

Unfortunately Swansea seem to be hitting form just at the wrong time for us….

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That's a great technique not easy at all, His 2nd against Barnsley was equally as good, Has this man wasted his talent this last few years?

Undoubtedly. As Fergie once said, he was beaten by his past. I'm glad to see him playing well and going the right way off the pitch if only for his own sake.

Don’t know if my old ticker is going to last this season out ,,,,,,,,, silly by max but these players are running on pure determination and adrenaline from first game to last , what ever happens this season we do it together as one , players, fans and management,no shame ,no blame , highs ,lows mistakes ,we dust ourselves down and go again and again,

we are derby county

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Unfortunately Swansea seem to be hitting form just at the wrong time for us….

A huge win for them today, absolutely. But bragging rights was all they had left to play for!

Otherwise they are mid-table, very inconsistent and for all intents and purposes have nothing left to play for, barring a miracle run of wins.

If we play to our potential, we have a chance.

On 31/03/2022 at 17:08, eccles the ram said:

On their forum Preston fans were very impressed with our support up there when their chairman died. They are calling for their fans not to 'gloat' over our perilous position on Saturday and indeed be supportive of our actions against MM, EFL etc.. They have highlighted it could be them that could be in our shoes, or any number of teams. Fair play to them for this. There may be the odd scroat but hopefully I believe they will behind us all the way! Hopefully 1 0 at the end of the match!!!?

Told yer!!! UTR

36 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

As you say they are inconsistent, in normal circumstances a draw would be a good result but I think we need 3 points…

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As you say they are inconsistent, in normal circumstances a draw would be a good result but I think we need 3 points…

Depends on how Reading do in midweek.

If they win and extend the gap to nine points, then definitely we would need to win.

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

OK so I thought it was the international break still.

Very pleasantly surprised at 5pm when I saw the scoreline.

Just when you want to throw your hands up and declare that you're done with this season, somehow we manage to hang on in there.

Great technique from Morrison for the goal.

Keep up Joe!

Phew .. rake the ashes and the embers are still glowing.

Lets face it, it wasn’t pretty, flat footed in the first 20 mins or so but picked it up. Malcolm is kind of the reverse of Festy. Where festy has strength and speed to burn, Malcom is all wonderful feet and body shifting. He’s a delight to watch. I think he’s going to be some player. Doubt it will be us sadly but there you go. I am liking Cashin more and more. So solid, so strong for a youngster and so good at not wasting possession. The occasional forward run but great awareness of his responsibility. Never looks rushed. Class in the making. Bielik made a difference didn’t he ! And Rava .. great finish. It’s those players who move the ball on the first touch that can give us momentum and make things happen. 

I love waxing lyrical but it’s hard these days. The lads worked hard all afternoon and deserved it. As for PNE, a bit meh and mardy. 

Officials ? Well the east stand Lino was half asleep on several occasions, how the ref who was 10 yards away looking at the direction of play didn’t see their B with both arms round Toms torso I have no idea .. pathetic. Max maybe deserved a booking but I didn’t see him being wreckless or out of control for that tackle .. what do you guys think ? 

Up the Rams .. over and out