Embargo

Eatonram

17 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Does anyone know what conditions we need to meet to enable us to sign a free agent? Is that even possible? Is there a date beyond which we couldn't do that in any case? Just wondering if a chance of bolstering the squad a tiny bit?

Be great if we could get a couple more in ?

Once a preferred bidder is named, a non refundable £5m deposit would be made, with that and the accounts being published you would hope a little leniency from the EFL we would be in a position to offer new contracts.

Maybe not signings, but just the ability to offer contracts would be huge for us and help Rooney to decide if he's going to continue the job.

Under the embargo status on the EFL website: 

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts

Club in administration

17 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

I don't know for sure but would hope once a preferred bidder can show proof of funds until the end of the season then the embargo could be lifted.

I don't think anything changes until a new owner is announced, a preferred bidder is just that, they then have to negotiate a business plan with the EFL

I think the priority has to be signing up players on longer term contracts to stop them getting picked off in the summer.

I also think a couple of free agents on short term contracts could also really help us in our fight against relegation. Maybe even invite them to train with us for a couple of weeks first. Anyone who is a realistic option ?

13 hours ago, David said:

Once a preferred bidder is named, a non refundable £5m deposit would be made, with that and the accounts being published you would hope a little leniency from the EFL we would be in a position to offer new contracts.

Maybe not signings, but just the ability to offer contracts would be huge for us and help Rooney to decide if he's going to continue the job.

Under the embargo status on the EFL website: 

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts

Club in administration

Isn't the embargo we are in currently down to not being able to prove we have the funds to see out the season.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Isn't the embargo we are in currently down to not being able to prove we have the funds to see out the season.

I've delved into the EFL regulations and found this,

EFL rule 247 4.2 subsection XI states, and I quote, I, Rick Parry, will not lift any embargo pertaining to Derby County Dirty Filthy Sheepshaggers who embarrassed me somewhat by being found not guilty of dodgy deals, until they are destroyed by fire or at least relegated as agreed under the Gibson-Parry protocol of 2021 insofar and insomuch until they are competing in the Etwall and District Sunday league Division Two under a strict guarantee that no DCFC fan can ever resort to calling us shortarsed permed w anchors with built up heels, ever.

16 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Does anyone know what conditions we need to meet to enable us to sign a free agent? Is that even possible? Is there a date beyond which we couldn't do that in any case? Just wondering if a chance of bolstering the squad a tiny bit?

Change our name from Derby County to almost any other team. 

29 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I feel the ship has partly sailed on renewing. It is mainly Festy we are talking about and he would be unlikely now to commit before the summer (unless it’s a Bellingham type gesture) too see where we are. Surely he’s too good for league 1?

To me, we need to stay up to keep any of our best players..

A season in League 1 might not be the worst thing for Festy. As good as he is in any ordinary season he would probably be out on loan to a lower league club. He’s great to watch but still very raw. He has flashes of brilliance but a lot of moments where he makes poor decisions but that is what happens with young players. We definitely need to tie him down if we can. If for nothing else to protect his value. 

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

A season in League 1 might not be the worst thing for Festy. As good as he is in any ordinary season he would probably be out on loan to a lower league club. He’s great to watch but still very raw. He has flashes of brilliance but a lot of moments where he makes poor decisions but that is what happens with young players. We definitely need to tie him down if we can. If for nothing else to protect his value. 

Yeah I expect League 1 would look loads better than Udinese! ?