Embargo

Eatonram

24 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

A season in League 1 might not be the worst thing for Festy. As good as he is in any ordinary season he would probably be out on loan to a lower league club. He’s great to watch but still very raw. He has flashes of brilliance but a lot of moments where he makes poor decisions but that is what happens with young players. We definitely need to tie him down if we can. If for nothing else to protect his value. 

The only thing that has kept Festy here and could possibly keep him is Wayne Rooney. If Wayne stays, Festy may also  but I suspect Wayne will advise him to aim higher than league 1 if we go down. 

44 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

The only thing that has kept Festy here and could possibly keep him is Wayne Rooney. If Wayne stays, Festy may also  but I suspect Wayne will advise him to aim higher than league 1 if we go down. 

Why would Wayne advice Festy to aim higher?  If we drop to L1 sure Wayne and new owner would be intending to bounce straight back up and then onto the Premier league and hopefully Festy will be in that equation, learning his trade on the way up.

14 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Why would Wayne advice Festy to aim higher?  If we drop to L1 sure Wayne and new owner would be intending to bounce straight back up and then onto the Premier league and hopefully Festy will be in that equation, learning his trade on the way up.

Simply because I believe Wayne has the best interests of the young players at the forefront of his thinking. He played in the premier league a lot younger than Festy is now. If he thinks that’s where Festy should be, I think he’s a far better man than to be selfish and stand in his way or try to persuade him to stick around 

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

Simply because I believe Wayne has the best interests of the young players at the forefront of his thinking. He played in the premier league a lot younger than Festy is now. If he thinks that’s where Festy should be, I think he’s a far better man than to be selfish and stand in his way or try to persuade him to stick around 

Well hope Wayne as Derby's interest first, rather than the Premier league for they have had enough young talent from our academy for peanuts through administration, lets hope Festy will want to stay rather than Derby recieve nothing for him, after bringing him through at the clubs expence, a bit of loyalty from Festy would be nice

21 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Well hope Wayne as Derby's interest first, rather than the Premier league for they have had enough young talent from our academy for peanuts through administration, lets hope Festy will want to stay rather than Derby recieve nothing for him, after bringing him through at the clubs expence, a bit of loyalty from Festy would be nice

I think he’s shown incredible  loyalty and passion for the club already. A lesser man would have jumped ship. I do expect he will sign a new contract with us if we are allowed to offer him one before the season is over. But if we can’t stay up and keep Rooney. He can leave with his head held high be that for a fee or otherwise imho

7 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

There will be a fair few DCFC players justifiably aiming higher than L1, no question.... and no shortage of clubs looking to sign them.