Rooney - The Documentary

Bubbles

The documentary featured one of Wayne Rooney's first appearances for England - a Euro qualifier against Turkey in 2003 played at Sunderland - he was 17 !!

And let me tell you, that game was very naughty, on & off the pitch

I also remember being in a packed Sunderland pub before the game and all the songs were 10 German bombers & No Surrender etc except one non England related song - " We Hate Derby & We Hate Derby" - sang by most of the pub. It made me chuckle & slightly proud ? 

Watched it tonight, very good.

From what's been said about his drinking, I thought more might be in about that.

Got to hand it to Coleen though, to be able to sort if talk about Wayne and some of his poorer choices... I couldn't do that to be fair if that was my other half.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

I love Wayne.

Our best and most loyal manager since Brian Clough.

in fact I don’t think Cloughie would have stuck by the club the way Wayne has this season!

I think Wayne Rooney has been a rock for this club for the past six months or so.

But most loyal is probably stretching it a bit. Let’s not forget it’s still his first job, there is no pressure on him whatsoever, he can’t be sacked and he’s one of the highest paid managers the Championship has ever seen. Sounds like a dream first job at this level to learn from.

Turning down the chance to talk to Everton won him over for me. 

And if he keeps us up it will go down as probably the greatest achievement of any Derby manager of the past 30 years.

Colleen saved him. From an early age is was a proper scallywag and could quite easily have ended up with a life on the wrong side of the law, but she was there to steady him.

Even through his many indiscretions as a footballer she didn’t desert him. Without her forgiveness and guidance he could well have gone the way of Best and Gazza.

Truth is, everything happened for him so early in life. Physically he was a man but emotionally he was still a boy, a teenager full of testosterone who felt invincible. He made mistakes and it’s part of him to make mistakes again.

Colleen knows that and has decided she can deal with that because she loves him. She seems to be a remarkable person and the grown-up in the relationship.

The programme was like a confessional. Wayne has his demons and isn’t proud of certain areas of his past. He was probably the best person Tom L could meet as manager.

I enjoyed the programme and especially the clout he gave Thuram!

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Meh, my one and only time was the 4–1 loss to Preston in 07/08 because BY CHRIST they’d given up by that point 

Watched derby since 1968 and never  booed a player or the team, if  you did'nt enjoy the game just leave at the end without applauding the team. Booing gets you nowhere.

Watched it yesterday, had forgotten just how good Rooney was as a teenager and moreover what a little ? he was too (love it). Kicking everyone around that got in his way in proper “street kid” style. 
Hooefully young Jack Stretton watches that and takes a leaf from The Wayne Rooney - I don’t give a duck about you and whoever you think you are” school of football.

Instil the following attributes in to his game Aggression , Passion and down right Nasty and we have a winner.  You need that final piece to be a leader, to achieve things and inspire those around you to do better (just as WR did and does)

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Never thought I’d say this, but I bloody hope Coleen wins her court case against Rebecca Vardy and all.

If ever there was a female who deserves to be found guilty it's Vardy, This Woman has chased, Cajoled, Trapped, Hoodwinked, Fooled and cheated on so many men so she can chase the £, Her now husband is giving her what she wanted for years, Financial security for the rest of her life, Found fame or infamy by working her way up the Celebrity ladder, I can't stand the Woman.

On 11/02/2022 at 08:02, David said:

... why a couples relationship is newsworthy or magazine worthy is beyond me.

It's why I chose not to be a footballer, I didn't want the intrusion that came with being a global superstar. 

Sorry to see that didn't work out for you mate!  ?

oh... and how's the wedding plans coming along.  We haven't had an update since you robbed the kitty the other night to go to the match!

Do we have a new confirmed date?  Updated guest list?  That sort of thing?  Will you be issuing signed photos?  Hello?  

Edited by Mucker1884
never you mind!

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sorry to see that didn't work out for you mate!  ?

oh... and how's the wedding plans coming along.  We haven't had an update since you robbed the kitty the other night to go to the match!

Do we have a new confirmed date?  Updated guest list?  That sort of thing?  Will you be issuing signed photos?  Hello?  

Sunday 1st May 2022, 11.30am

Location is on a need to know only basis.

Guest list is the same. 2 forum members have confirmed attendance so it's possible some photos will be leaked on to the forum.

I won't be signing anything as it will only end up on eBay.

9 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

The documentary featured one of Wayne Rooney's first appearances for England - a Euro qualifier against Turkey in 2003 played at Sunderland - he was 17 !!

And let me tell you, that game was very naughty, on & off the pitch

I also remember being in a packed Sunderland pub before the game and all the songs were 10 German bombers & No Surrender etc except one non England related song - " We Hate Derby & We Hate Derby" - sang by most of the pub. It made me chuckle & slightly proud ? 

I was there, A lot of hostility towards the Turks for the Murder in Turkey of 2 Leeds fans, Outside was mental, Police just about managed to keep a lid on the main England fans, Plenty of splinter groups looking for revenge, Lads climbing into the Turkish fans buses, I saw a Turk get his head stamped on(not nice)Northern Irish lads came over who you really wouldn't want to take on unless drunk. The worst scenes I was involved in was the charity shield in 75 at Wembley, This almost matched it.

We were drinking outside a pub called The Fort, A mass of Sunderland fans passed then started running, We were a little confused, Until we heard shouting...the Metro train has just pulled in with Newcastle fans, Another battle where the Police and their dogs had a field day.

As to the "we hate Derby" chant, It may have something to do with Euro 96, The DFL took over Piccadilly Circus an estimated 250 lads I was told not all DLF as I doubt that there were 100 on a good day, Tribalism aye don't you just love it ?

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

Watched derby since 1968 and never  booed a player or the team, if  you did'nt enjoy the game just leave at the end without applauding the team. Booing gets you nowhere.

I don't think i've booed any DCFC players, I say "I don't think" as I can't remember, But I have given them some foul and abusive comments, Booing is a release of emotions giving verbal abuse can be dislike of the team or players, And no doubt i have done that for good reasons...imo!