Luke Plange - signed for Palace & loaned back

Jram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same way you know we needed to?

Edit: don't think there was much point in keeping him when he'd already been tapped up this season. He'd more likely then sign for someone else in summer.

Do you every answer a question without a question Roy?  I only suggested reasons why I think Q might have sold. I wasn't anywhere as adamant as you were that we didn't have to sell him.  

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Do you every answer a question without a question Roy?  I only suggested reasons why I think Q might have sold. I wasn't anywhere as adamant as you were that we didn't have to sell him.  

I don't see that I was adamant except it keeps being put forward that we did. I only made some suggestions too, I have no more idea of whether the money from Palace is enough to fund another month.

There you go no questions.

I think my own frustration is simply not being able to offer players long term contracts.

We found a star in Plange (Out of Ebosele, Williams, Thompson, Stretton and Plange I think he is by far and away our best asset *Was*) but as the Administrators are still messing around 4 months later racking up there £4-5 Million bill, we're still not able to offer contracts to retain talent in the club.

A Luke Plange on a 3-4 year deal would be worth £3-4 Million if Palace wanted him now. Thats why I'm angry and annoyed. Yes its shared anger to MM, the EFL, WW/Boro but there will come a point very soon where fans anger will be towards Quantama for not finding a way forward.

30 minutes ago, sage said:

It buys a months time to sort the poo out. 

Please explain the benefits to DCFC of turning this bid down. 

A million to a EPL side is peanuts, regardless of his contract situation. 

We continue to have our pants down and have barely any assets left within this squad.

Delap, Gordon, Plange...

Young talents and all gone for next to nowt to Premier sides caked in cash. What's the combined fees of those three? Laughable when Forest got Sam Surridge for two million last night.

We have Lawrence out of contract in less than six months on sky high wages...

He'd should've been the main one out the door if money needed to be raised 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

A million to a EPL side is peanuts, regardless of his contract situation. 

We continue to have our pants down and have barely any assets left within this squad.

Delap, Gordon, Plange...

Young talents and all gone for next to nowt to Premier sides caked in cash. What's the combined fees of those three? Laughable when Forest got Sam Surridge for two million last night.

We have Lawrence out of contract in less than six months on sky high wages...

He'd should've been the main one out the door if money needed to be raised 

You didn't answer my question. What would have been the benefit of turning down this bid.

If someone had offered a million with a loan back we would have sold Lawrence like a shot, but they didn't.

Firstly good luck to the lad and I’m glad we’ve got him for the remainder of the season.

Sadly this is the EFL and the parasites work, we could have had a PB named by now and started our recovery by holding onto the likes of Plange.

Given the awful circumstances this has worked out quite well for us, as instead of him leaving for nowt in the summer, we keep him for another few months and get a million???? for him!

Best of a bad bunch of options I’m afraid.

My first away match was Palace in Nov 1968 where we won on the start to being the best in the land. Ironic Luke saying he’s going to a big club. With some exceptions (Lionel, Gadsby) owners have squandered Brian’s legacy.m

19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Won't get a hungry player now he's got a move.  Just killing time.

I’m very excited to be joining a big Premier League club," Plange told Palace TV.

"Obviously I’ll be with Derby fighting for them in the Championship. But I will be ready to go back to Crystal Palace in the summer and get ready to go.

"When I heard I was very excited about the news. I know Palace are a big club, a big Premier League club. I knew that it was a very good chance for me to take and to progress in my career."

Sound like an afterthought here as I feared.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news  but Palace aren't a big club either 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I’m very excited to be joining a big Premier League club," Plange told Palace TV.

"Obviously I’ll be with Derby fighting for them in the Championship. But I will be ready to go back to Crystal Palace in the summer and get ready to go.

"When I heard I was very excited about the news. I know Palace are a big club, a big Premier League club. I knew that it was a very good chance for me to take and to progress in my career."

Sound like an afterthought here as I feared.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news  but Palace aren't a big club either 

Big compared to burnley ?

A £1m isn't a ton of money for him, but it's probably the best bit of transfer business we've done in a while. Pick up one of the faceless kids released by one of the big academies, sign him after a trial and sell him after a short-stint in the first team for a million? 

In our current situation it's outstanding, but still stings no less. All the best to him anyway.