Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Morrison now faces a three-match ban.

"I have not seen it back, and I might be proven wrong, I don't think it was a red card," Rooney said.

"I thought the referee, and I spoke to him at the end, calmly, I thought the game management from the referee was not good.

"I think he allowed them [Forest] to take too long on the free kicks they were getting towards the end and ultimately it killed the game off.

"It is an emotional game, a local Derby. I know players get frustrated when they feel it is the wrong decision against them, but I am fully with him, and the players, I support them.

"Of course we need to behave in the right way but it shows the players are fighting and care, and that they are giving everything to try and help this club."

3 match ban….every cloud ?

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Forest used 5 loan players today - one of whom signed this month - and also had one new signing in the starting XI. Derby have no loan signings, no new signings and have just lost 3 regular first-team players and 2 young occasional squad players. It's pretty remarkable that we made it a fairly even game which swung on major slices of luck, bad refereeing decisions and, to be fair, 2 good finishes from them.

I thought that Rooney's selections in the end didn't work and we got a bit sloppy chasing the game, but I don't feel particularly annoyed about the result because it could have gone the other way.

Fingers crossed now that Rooney stays and matters off the pitch take a step forward this week.

Taking a leak for their 2nd so not seen it, And wont either, Huge slice of luck with Grabbons goal, If i'd have missed that i'd have jumped in the Trent.

Very small margins today, Lawrence scores red dogs have it all to do, But he didn't, We move on.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seriously? Are you just on the wind up?

PS I'm not stalking you honest....I just disagree with everything you say today! No offence.

I'm not on the wind up. 

The original poster was suggesting that Samba should be punished for being the left back position of the field when it was all kicking off, but our own goalkeeper had ran half way across the field to join in the commotion too, 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Plange looked mostly lost. It need CKR on from the start. TBH it needed him on all game.

I think, in hindsight, he probably could have kept the plan of starting Plange and bringing CKR on. Richards dominating Yates at the back brought the change that gave them a stronger footing. The longer Yates wasn’t in midfield, the more space we had. 

Like I say 100% hindsight, Im sure a lot of us would start CKR before the game

9 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

He looked lost IMO because the Gumps had a handle on the game by the time he came on.  Gumps were for the taking first 20 mins, that’s when we need a player like plange on the pitch .

Except for it was a nice bit of play between CKR and Tom that set Tom up for his chance!

4 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

@ossieramwhy the angry face? I consider people attacking other people because of the colour of their hair in the same as as the colour of their skin - completely unacceptable!!

Good point - I well remember the slave ships that used to transport red-haired people from Gingerland to the New World, the extermination camps full of them awaiting forced hair-dying......I could go on, but it's too upsetting.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I think, in hindsight, he probably could have kept the plan of starting Plange and bringing CKR on. Richards dominating Yates at the back brought the change that gave them a stronger footing. The longer Yates wasn’t in midfield, the more space we had. 

Like I say 100% hindsight, Im sure a lot of us would start CKR before the game

Started him at Coventry in the cup, didn't work then either.