EFL statement

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

I have no memory of this -  but his sudden departure sounds odd. Do we think this has any role to play?  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/2811028/birch-leaves-Derby

0C21934A-A889-4B1A-B1FE-232E49A9D5C6.png

Yes it’s odd but he has no vendetta 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/17/football-league-chief-denies-has-vendetta-against-Derby-county/

27 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree. This is a time to forget about party politics it's time to bring everyone together including our local MPs to fight for our club.

Exactly, never really been keen on Andrew Bridgen for instance, but fair play he was one of the first at the weekend to publicly crank up some pressure. This is about “team Derby fan base supporters”, the EFL are feeling the heat because Thursday they scored a massive own goal with one of their it’ll judged press leaks.

They really are a bunch of amateurs at running the game, who thought they would slay Derby with their cosy club power plays, moving goal posts as they see fit, trying to crush a lame duck. Well guess what, Friday gave the administrators enough encouragement to publicly come out and pick holes in the EFL antics and finally too many, have got too vocal which is what drew in political interest.

We need both local and national politicians, even the media is turning in our favour. Those saying we’re beaten or it’s a lost cause, wake up, see what’s happening. The EFL are running scared and flapping, through this they will make mistakes and start to yield, now is the time for everyone to feed as much information to political bodies at all levels and expose this tin pot bunch of bullies for what they are.

We’re Derby County, founders of the football league and we won’t go away quietly.

Edited by Zag zig

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The point is there would be zero need for Admin to provide proof of funding till the end of the season if the club came out of administration and became the responsibility of new owners who have separately provide their own proof. But the EFL are refusing to allow that to happen and instead trying to force a fire sale before the end of the window to ensure we won't be able to compete. With one breath they say "rules are rules" when their own insolvency rules say it's entirely at their discretion. With another breath they say they can't intervene in claims between member clubs, yet they also say they've invited all parties in for comment. If they're being honest then their claim is if they don't force Derby to be liquidated, Middlesbrough might sue the league which then might see the EFL being finished. I wish what I thought of the Bamfords would make it past the swear filter.

I would personally fight any moderator who tried to ban you for attempting to beat the swear filter in regard to the EFL/Gibson etc.

Think of me and Boycie..........Oliver Reed and Alan Bates in front of a roaring fire..........

13 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Exactly, never really been keen on Andrew Bridgen for instance, but fair play he was one of the first at the weekend to publicly crank up some pressure. This is about “team Derby fan base supporters”, the EFL are feeling the heat because Thursday they scored a massive own goal with one of their it’ll judged press leaks.

They really are a bunch of amateurs at running the game, who thought they would slay Derby with their cosy club power plays, moving goal posts as they see fit, trying to crush a lame duck. Well guess what, Friday gave the administrators enough encouragement to publicly come out and pick holes in the EFL antics and finally too many, have got too vocal which is what drew in political interest.

We need both local and national politicians, even the media is turning in our favour. Those saying we’re beaten or it’s a lost cause, wake up, see what’s happening. The EFL are running scared and flapping, through this they will make mistakes and start to yield, now is the time for everyone to feed as much information to political bodies at all levels and expose this tin pot bunch of bullies for what they are.

We’re Derby County, founders of the football league and we won’t go away quietly.

Well said. The EFL will be feeling the heat now now they have been put in the spotlight.

6 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I have no memory of this -  but his sudden departure sounds odd. Do we think this has any role to play?  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/2811028/birch-leaves-Derby

0C21934A-A889-4B1A-B1FE-232E49A9D5C6.png

"Ceased to be employed" is a very strange bit of terminology

I don't actually know why he left or what the circumstances were of his exit to be quite honest. But I will say I'd rather not cast further aspersions on potential personal issues the EFL executives and board may have with us as a club.

The EFL in general as an organisation - that's a vendetta in my view

Gibson - that's a vendetta in my view. 

Birch leaving the club 15 years ago and still holding a grudge now? Not so sure

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gibson has threatened to sue the EFL if they don't sort Derby out is what has been suggested.

Paragraph 4 in this one

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/2020.10.26---decision-on-mfc-redaction.pdf

That's where the stitch up was agreed I bet - "drop your Arbitration against us and we'll support your case against Derby"

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Paragraph 4 in this one

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/2020.10.26---decision-on-mfc-redaction.pdf

That's where the stitch up was agreed I bet - "drop your Arbitration against us and we'll support your case against Derby"

Great find Crewton, I knew I'd seen it somewhere. ?

23 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gibson has threatened to sue the EFL if they don't sort Derby out is what has been suggested.

In that case we need to start crowdfunding.

A semi competent cleaning professional starts at 20k, leaves not a trace of dirt behind.

Gary from the pub will do the same job for £506, the £6 quid is for mixed kebab on the way home.

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

EFL is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions on this point last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

That is the heart of the matter; despite MFC and WWFC’s claims widely felt to be spurious and fallacious, the EFL are allowing them to prevent the process moving forward when the clock is ticking against Derby. That is disingenuous on the EFL’s part and that seriously risks Derby County’s future. It’s taken them all day to come up with that. The Government needs to step in and give them a head wobble. 

Those submissions need to be made public ASAP so we can see the absurdity of them for ourselves. And why wait until last week to ask for them? Are they going to publish their findings from them in another statement? When?

Keep going everyone, the cracks are starting to appear. 

Edited by Archie

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Paragraph 4 in this one

Paragraph 32 is also huge in this document. Basically says MFC compensation case is built almost entirely on the issue of “inflated value” of the sale of pride park …. which I believe we were cleared of……and very little was mentioned by MFC about the breach of the amortisation policy ……and this was all presented by Bausor the CEO of MFC - and an EFL Board member!!!   

1 hour ago, Dava75 said:

Paragraph 32 is also huge in this document. Basically says MFC compensation case is built almost entirely on the issue of “inflated value” of the sale of pride park …. which I believe we were cleared of……and very little was mentioned by MFC about the breach of the amortisation policy ……and this was all presented by Bausor the CEO of MFC - and an EFL Board member!!!   

and this was all presented by Bausor the CEO of MFC - and an EFL Board member!!!   
The EFL have seemingly dealt with the conflict of interest issue by saying MFC are excluded from discussion of those issues and don’t get to see EFL internal papers on those discussions. That’s standard practice and difficult to dis-prove. 

The nub is the cases being brought by Gibson and WWFC. It’s very disingenuous of the EFL to say MFC think they have a valid case so who are we to think otherwise and intervene.

We need legal expertise plus MPs to be directed to examine that because that’s where all the deception is. That’s the heart of it. 

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't see anything in that statement to get het up about, it's just a statement of fact.

Wycombe can get in the bin, their claim is too late and hasn't been communicated even to the EFL.

Boro have a claim predating administration, so have to be dealt with, even if that dealing with is like a small child demanding sweets at a supermarket checkout.

The fact that our administrators haven't dealt with it is on them, all the EFL are needing is proof of funding until the end of the season, everything else can be dealt with between now and then.

It's obviously too complex and difficult a job for them, so we'll probably cease to exist in our current form fairly shortly.

Another magnificent Mel Morris decision to appoint them, I get the feeling he only opens his mouth to change feet.

I cannot find any evidence that MFC submitted any claim before November 2021.

There was certainly reports of MFC considering action before then. But this was stayed whilst the LAP went through and that determination only referred to an "intention" to lodge a claim rather than the actual act. 

So as far as I can tell, the actual clain only came in Nov 2021?

Any more on the suggestion to find a local legal partnership to help. To at least discuss options open us maybe using a fan group as claimant, e.g claims against Villa and QPR. Even if its success is unlikely it will let the EFL know the can of worms they are opening…..assume BAWT or the like are all over this…..anyone from these rams organisations reading this..?….do you need any assistance pursuing this with local solicitors..?