EFL statement

RoyMac5

Just now, CBRammette said:

No it will cause them even more grief/claims if they do it mid-season

No, they'll deal with it the way they dealt with the Covid lockdown. They'll come up with some ppg stuff and some will be happy (ie Wycombe-esque) and some won't (can't remember who lost out in League 1)...

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

All they'd have to do would be to wipe our results out for the season and adjust the table accordingly.

So if someone with good results against us is out of play off place or relegated (eg peterborough away) as a result of efl taking those points away they wont make a claim now the pandora's box is open?

So if someone with good results against us is out of play off place or relegated (eg peterborough away) as a result of efl taking those points away they wont make a claim now the pandora's box is open?

Yep, right now though, other clubs can’t see this because it’s not affected them; as you say, end of season though, the implications are huge!

They could easily say this is the standard procedure once a club has exited the league structure i.e., declaring the results null and void is the only course of action to take. 

They could easily say this is the standard procedure once a club has exited the league structure i.e., declaring the results null and void is the only course of action to take. 

They could but you can say to Boro you have no claim as you lost 3-0 twice to Villa and you were rubbish - doesnt mean people will listen

Interesting observation but is it laid out in their rule book or is it another make it up as we go along?

Either way, it still opens up the possibility of legal challenges.

Just now, Zag zig said:

Interesting observation but is it laid out in their rule book or is it another make it up as we go along?

Either way, it still opens up the possibility of legal challenges.

I've no idea but I think that's what they did to Macclesfield and Bury when they exited the league but I may well be wrong about that. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

They could but you can say to Boro you have no claim as you lost 3-0 twice to Villa and you were rubbish - doesnt mean people will listen

This assumes Boro's point against us is one of principle that they'll file forward rather than a cynical personal vendetta by an absolute arseh*ole of a chairman 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Boro have just proved you can cause a huge stink with legal action.

Other clubs have eyes and ears, they will do the same if they think it can further their cause.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It’s for when the transfer window closes, so they can force us to sell, decimate our squad, giving us no chance of escaping, ensuring league 1 football.

Once that is done they will allow the takeover!

Coming from the match on sat a lot of fans were saying the same thing.

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I've no idea but I think that's what they did to Macclesfield and Bury when they exited the league but I may well be wrong about that. 

Cant remember exact circumstances and whether EFL and other clubs were quite so active in their exits.

Just now, Ramarena said:

I know a Boro fan who says there’s a rumour Gibson will drop the claim in Feb.

Could be a load of ballocks, but it fits.

Of course. Allows them to weaken our team, force sales and block incoming players to guarantee relegation or worse. All without costing them a penny. A plan that only works if the EFL are complicit.