Coventry City (A) FA Cup 3rd Round Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Liverpool FC

@LFC

· 4 Jan

We can confirm an application has been submitted for the postponement of Thursday’s Carabao Cup semi-final, first-leg tie with Arsenal due to an escalating number of suspected positive COVID-19 cases and player availability.

I assume they'll have to play this like we did against Chorley with a load of children.  Particularly as they probably have a pool of 20 players to choose from.  Won't hold my breath.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Liverpool FC

@LFC

· 4 Jan

We can confirm an application has been submitted for the postponement of Thursday’s Carabao Cup semi-final, first-leg tie with Arsenal due to an escalating number of suspected positive COVID-19 cases and player availability.

I assume they'll have to play this like we did against Chorley with a load of children.  Particularly as they probably have a pool of 20 players to choose from.  Won't hold my breath.

I never understood the insistence that we had to play that game. Pure vindictive spite - no doubt in my mind that it was pushed through by voices that had agendas with a conflict of interest.  It went beyond sport and should never have been allowed. I have yet to hear any reasoned explanation or justification as to why, from anyone. 

51 minutes ago, jono said:

I never understood the insistence that we had to play that game. Pure vindictive spite - no doubt in my mind that it was pushed through by voices that had agendas with a conflict of interest.  It went beyond sport and should never have been allowed. I have yet to hear any reasoned explanation or justification as to why, from anyone. 

And also why the same rules haven’t been applied to anybody else before or since!

51 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

And also why the same rules haven’t been applied to anybody else before or since!

It wasn't just us - Villa had to field a very young XI vs Liverpool and I think Orient had to forfeit their tie - all done because of pressure from the PL to mitigate potential fixture congestion. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Liverpool FC

@LFC

· 4 Jan

Nope - this is the EFL - we were forced to play by the FA in the FA cup or be eliminated - the next round of the FA cup will be rather interesting to see who they treat differently !

How about this one?  

Charlie George's brief Highfield Road career - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

And one of our old boys with us before moving to Derby.

image.thumb.png.d053c18dae3ece4ef8a099698f26474b.png

image.png.542d61931e9158e0f6b9b81c9381ea33.png

I met Mick Coop in 1977.  At the Ryton Training Ground.  Very quiet and not really a superhero type but he did a great job for us on the pitch.

Edited by Flying Fokker

3 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

How about this one?  

Charlie George's brief Highfield Road career - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

And one of our old boys with us before moving to Derby.

image.thumb.png.d053c18dae3ece4ef8a099698f26474b.png

image.png.542d61931e9158e0f6b9b81c9381ea33.png

I met Mick Coop in 1977.  At the Ryton Training Ground.  Very quiet and not really a superhero type but he did a great job for us on the pitch.

I know Mick Coop was a very reliable player at Cov, but he appears at RB in most Derby fans "worst XI". He was clearly over the hill when he joined us. 

11 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Tickets now sold out.

They were last night but this morning it’s now showing 9 tickets available. Tickets off sale at 1pm today online and must be collected from the ticket office at Derby by 4pm. No pay on the day at Coventry.