The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Their comment that we'll " be surprised how fast things move now" was ridiculous and why they are quite rightly now getting some flack. Just dont say it

Just think they are still being naive as to what this clubs means to so many people, that and how quickly things can get done in the football world.

Early on you could maybe understand it, but so many months in they really need to work on what they release in the media and to fans.

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

“I hope everyone has had a good week. We have been busy talking to lots of people, but much of what has been discussed is confidential. Positive progress is being made though, and we remain confident that a preferred buyer can soon be announced, as a meaningful key step towards the club coming out of administration. Have a good weekend everyone. Hopefully Wayne can galvanise the team to beat them Northern Monkeys”.

There you go everyone. No need to hang around till tomorrow. Consider yourself fully updated.

41 minutes ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

Wow. @i-Ram is ITK. Perhaps he is one of them (an Administrator I mean). After all, he keeps telling us to let them get on with their jobs and to have blind faith in what they are doing.

Blind, unquestioning faith is what all religions depend on. Oh, better not go there.....

But @i-Ram's (valid) point is that they cannot and will not say much more than they have done. I'm happy that at least they have said something. I hope they have provided Rooney and the staff with a little more information but we'll never know...

What do people actually expect them to say though? On the assumption that they're not just straight-up lying about what's going on, and they genuinely are querying aspects of the bids received, then they can't force bidders to answer them completely on any kind of timescale. They could set an arbitrary deadline, but you're just risking missing out on a better bid because someone doesn't respond quickly enough. Or they could just ignore the queries they have and pick a bid now, but you're again risking missing out on a better bid, or even worse, have the bid collapse at a later date because you didn't do your due diligence.

We've spent 6(?) months basically getting nowhere, but we're now seemingly at the stage where we have actual bids submitted and are about to start moving forwards.  It seems crazy to rush through the most important bit because people can't be patient for 5 minutes.

I see the positives in that statement.

We have received bids, more than one gives Q a better chance of securing the right owner for our medium to long term rebuild.

We don’t know how receptive the prospective PB’s are being, after all the club is in a mess with massive debts so I say fair play to those bidders who are willing to save the club but they will be playing hardball.

Q could have communicated better with the EFL (leaks or not) it appears but the end of this exhausting process seems close.

59 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

My son has just sent me something off twitter. Stoke are 150 million in debt yet no resrictions,why is it one rule for us and different rules for everyone else, and the EFL are saying they are trying to help us. Stinks of corruption.

The debt is irrelevant 

It's losses for ffp purposes

Think I'm right in saying any money spent on the academy doesn't go towards ffp, so in theory a club could be 100 million in debt after spending it all on the academy, but for ffp purposes they'd have lost 0

Someone will be able to tell me if that's wrong though

18 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

What do people actually expect them to say though? On the assumption that they're not just straight-up lying about what's going on, and they genuinely are querying aspects of the bids received, then they can't force bidders to answer them completely on any kind of timescale. They could set an arbitrary deadline, but you're just risking missing out on a better bid because someone doesn't respond quickly enough. Or they could just ignore the queries they have and pick a bid now, but you're again risking missing out on a better bid, or even worse, have the bid collapse at a later date because you didn't do your due diligence.

We've spent 6(?) months basically getting nowhere, but we're now seemingly at the stage where we have actual bids submitted and are about to start moving forwards.  It seems crazy to rush through the most important bit because people can't be patient for 5 minutes.

I don’t think it’s what people expect them to say I think it is more the fact that they use terms such as imminently, shortly and fans will be surprised how quick things move. 

They aren’t doing themselves any favours. Imminently can mean witching a few hours or in the grander scheme it could mean weeks/months depending on the context. These words are what fans cling onto and when nothing materialises within a day or two frustration starts to build which then turns to anger. The EFL keep chipping in does nothing to calm the fans either. 

55 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

That sounds like a lovely holiday destination or a South American midfielder we have spent all our money on.

Look .. a sheep (could be a little Ram) doing keepy-uppys .. the internet is a wonderful place  ?

football skills GIF by Shaun the Sheep

Whilst amazing, its no Dancing Pingu. 

49 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"Will continue working with {EFL} and everyone who has Derby's best interests at heart"... so does this imply  EFL does not have Derby's best intersts at heart, but have to work with them anyway?   

The EFL have Derby's best interests at heart the same way russian artillery was shelling a nuclear power plant to liberate it.

26 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I must be the only one who is encouraged by that statement (or, perhaps, not discouraged by the statement). They could have said we’ve had no bids and we’re going to be liquidated. It’s all very long winded and frustrating, but at least for now - and things can change - they’re still positive it will get sorted. Can’t ask for more than that! ??

The quicker they pull the plug, the quicker their cashcow stops producing milk. It’s in their interest to drag this out a few thousand hours! 

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

That sounds like a lovely holiday destination or a South American midfielder we have spent all our money on.

Look .. a sheep (could be a little Ram) doing keepy-uppys .. the internet is a wonderful place  ?

football skills GIF by Shaun the Sheep

For a Shawn Barker type fee?

(That gag would have been better if there was a dog in the gif too)

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I don’t think it’s what people expect them to say I think it is more the fact that they use terms such as imminently, shortly and fans will be surprised how quick things move. 

They aren’t doing themselves any favours. Imminently can mean witching a few hours or in the grander scheme it could mean weeks/months depending on the context. These words are what fans cling onto and when nothing materialises within a day or two frustration starts to build which then turns to anger. The EFL keep chipping in does nothing to calm the fans either. 

Yeah, I get that, but I'm not really sure what the alternative is, given a lot of the delays seem to be out of their hands (waiting for 3rd parties to respond etc). I'm not sure saying "we don't know how long it will take", or even saying nothing, is any better.

My theory: Both bidders have made offers that are conditional on which league we are in next season.

If we are in the Championship, bidder A has the best offer. If we are in League 1 bidder B has the best offer.

Leaves the admins in a difficult position.

Either they manage to cajole one of the bidders to up a part of their offer so they 'win' in both situations.

Or we end up waiting until our league status for next season is known before a preferred bidder is named.

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

My theory: Both bidders have made offers that are conditional on which league we are in next season.

If we are in the Championship, bidder A has the best offer. If we are in League 1 bidder B has the best offer.

Leaves the admins in a difficult position.

Either they manage to cajole one of the bidders to up a part of their offer so they 'win' in both situations.

Or we end up waiting until our league status for next season is known before a preferred bidder is named.

Think you have it spot on mate 

8268B387-99B8-4D05-94BC-FF49FF76CDE7.gif