The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

Wind your neck in. Just because people cant always attend doesn't mean they havent contributed to help or bought tickets they know they cant use. Any figures for how many tickets sold v attendance? Could make you feel bad as to why I cant attend much this season but wont. Others will have similar reasons esp for a mid-week match

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Aside
To the mods.....get a grip here.

This is 2022 not the middle ages.

There are too many posts (> 0 is too many), presumably from men, offering up "their women" to whoever takes over the club.

We are all desperate for a takeover to be completed but there is no need for - and no humour in - these offensive posts.

Get a grip!! 

Meanwhile.......

Just mulling over the getting out of administration thing

We know Gibson, couhig and the EFL hate Mel and want to do him over even if DCFC are collateral damage; we know Mel hates them all and the EFL's processes.  Let us also presume that Mel would like an end to this, has some continuing control over the stadium and wants some money for it by way of some recompense for his outgoings, that he still has affection for his club and wants to do as right by us as he can; we know his offer of them suing him as a way out of it probably isn't going to run even though it has a logic.  We guess that the various bidders are already roughly at their financial limits without including the stadium.

So what face saving ways are there around this other than Mel's offer and other than him indemnifying the club?

If we are to take at face value the possibility that M/WW will go away for a slug of money, what if Mel were to say to the bidders/administrators - OK, I value my stake in the ground at £20m but I will accept £15m (or whatever) but you have to negotiate on that basis with M/WW or go through the arbitration process, how you deal with it is up to you.  If you go to arbitration and win then the price is £18m - Mel is indirectly paying off the parasites but doesn't have to get involved, but benefits if they win

Downsides are that the parasites get money - there will have to be some agreement from the EFL's perspective that this doesn't set a precedent; Mel takes a hit; it might knock out the Binnies who appear to be happy to carry on leasing the ground.

Upsides are that Mel can walk away with some money and without having to go to arbitration or court; faces are saved all round; the EFL can alter their rules to make sure this doesn't happen again

Simon Jordan said 

“Derby supporters are beyond worried, with the threat of liquidation hanging over the club, with bidders put off by Middlesbrough and Wycombe’s compensation demands.

Simon Jordan controversially said the EFL can “go and burn”, with the exception of its chief executive Trevor Birch.

“I’m sorry, Derby fans, but unfortunately once upon a time, you liked Mel (Morris),” Jordan said on talkSPORT.

“You allowed Mel, to some extent, to run your football club – not that you could do much about it.

“The sins of Mel, as much as I like him, are being visited on a bad process.

“I really think Derby fans are not helping by becoming enraged by the processes because the processes are the processes. And it was your owner that put you into this.

“There’s no point barking at the moon. There’s no point suggesting the EFL have got a conspiracy.

“You know my view of the EFL. With the exception of Trevor Birch, they can all go and burn. But the bottom line is that the EFL are not sitting here trying to liquidate this club.

“There are opportunities for them to involve themselves in certain situations but they cannot circumvent an arbitration process so one club’s caught up on another.”

Edited by Curtains
Added

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Wind your neck in. Just because people cant always attend doesn't mean they havent contributed to help or bought tickets they know they cant use. Any figures for how many tickets sold v attendance? Could make you feel bad as to why I cant attend much this season but wont. Others will have similar reasons esp for a mid-week match

Yes, someone else used “wind your neck in” not sure what you’re arguing about, but love a bit of winding necks in ??

On the attendance, all clubs will have a significant minority of fans who for whatever reason cannot attend regularly. A few years ago I was a student in Lancaster so I couldn't afford to come down often to watch us play. Even when I moved to Leeds (so closer to home) I often found it difficult to make games for financial reasons. The fact is people aren't going to exchange heating or food for a football ticket and no-one should shame them for not doing so. Some people don't go all the time because they like to go with family and/or friends, and if they can't sit with their mate or family then they'd rather not attend. I'm all up for going on my own but I recognise many people see football as much a social activity as about the game. 

Only west brom, sheffield united and forest down the road have a higher average than we do and that's largely because of our very low attendances in the first few games. The fact we're 4th in the division for average attendances despite everything is something we should all be proud of. It shows the depth of feeling in the community for the club. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Simon Jordan said 

“Derby supporters are beyond worried, with the threat of liquidation hanging over the club, with bidders put off by Middlesbrough and Wycombe’s compensation demands.

Simon Jordan controversially said the EFL can “go and burn”, with the exception of its chief executive Trevor Birch.

“I’m sorry, Derby fans, but unfortunately once upon a time, you liked Mel (Morris),” Jordan said on talkSPORT.

“You allowed Mel, to some extent, to run your football club – not that you could do much about it.

“I really think Derby fans are not helping by becoming enraged by the processes because the processes are the processes. And it was your owner that put you into this.

“There’s no point barking at the moon. There’s no point suggesting the EFL have got a conspiracy.

“You know my view of the EFL. With the exception of Trevor Birch, they can all go and burn. But the bottom line is that the EFL are not sitting here trying to liquidate this club.

“There are opportunities for them to involve themselves in certain situations but they cannot circumvent an arbitration process so one club’s caught up on another.”

So... Simon Jordan hates everyone, except Mel?

Good to know. 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Simon Jordan said 

I never get the view about fans ‘allowing’ someone to run the club like that. They can protest but not much else and fans can’t see the details about contracts and accounts that are not in public domain. Yes there was a lot of positive feeling towards Mel Morris but that’s because he kept talking about FFP and how we were compliant and he was proactive in transfer market. On the other side, fans got frustrated with the type of signings however and strategy. Also, the constant sacking of managers 

I didn’t believe DcFC were losing over £1 mil a month and I didn’t believe players like Anya were on close to 40k a week but looks like it was true !!

Its obvious that the EFL are scared of being sued by Gibson so they are allowing this to be played out unfairly. Gibson seems to run everything. If his claim is £40 million or maybe even £500million (he might just say Derby have cost Boro several years Prem money), the EFL is guilty for allowing this. What happens if suddenly Sheffield Wednesday want to start proceedings? Oh and Leeds etc? Where does it stop? It’s ridiculous Gibson is causing this mess- he didn’t cause administration that was Morris but why can’t he be shut down? Unbelievable