The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think this is a red herring, it's far more the Gibson Vs Mel sacred cause of business bro ego.

Rich people stuff.

Perhaps if waghorn just phoned him up and said he doesn't like Middlesbrough it has a funny smell he'd drop it.

To me, this is one of the most hilarious aspects of this complete mess.

The fact that Gibson can claim with a straight face that Martyn Waghorn would make the difference between Championship and Premier League is pretty amazing.

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

More likely it’ll be postponed due to police advice.

This fixture is a powder keg.

I almost hope so.  Every club has its idiots but on this occasion, even many of the mild mannered will be riled up...no doubt that the idiot section of the MFC fanbase will also see this as an opportunity.

This could very easily be where we lose support across the board and set us on the path to oblivion ?

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

This is going to enrage some folks... the exact same folk my thoughts below ARE NOT AIMED AT... but will affect them, nonetheless...

The best thing DCFC can do right now is make an official announcement that no Derby fans are to travel and attend the Boro game.  Full refunds.  All tickets returned to Boro.  Supporters clubs coaches cancelled.

Without that, there will be trouble.  The club WILL get a bad rep.  The club WILL get a fine for not controlling there fans.

As has been said, the timing of this Boro game couldn't be worse, and even a minority of our fans reacting in a negative manner will literally be "The last thing we need right now".

Apologies to the more respectable and trustworthy fans amongst us, but that's my thoughts!  ? ?

It wouldn’t matter if you took the tickets back. If people want to go up there they will with or without tickets.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Gibbon will just love it if the Rams fans lose it at his ground, fighting, running on the pitch etc etc. We will get possibly a points deduction and large fine which is the last thing we need. Let us try and keep our composure, whatever the provocation and beat them both on the pitch and in the courts.....

If you got a points deduction for fighting and running on the pitch Millwall would be in the Isthmian league.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Taking things to court costs loads of money 

Also it drags on and on .

Can't comment on the costs... suffice to say I'd be happy to chip in to a GO-FUND thingy.

As for haste... can't remember the technical term, but... The admins apparently have certain powers to hasten legal proceedings/court attendances etc.  There was talk of reducing "Months" to "Days"?  No idea how accurate that is, but the timing issue may not be such a big deal?  ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Which is what Gibson wants - the picture is bigger though and it destroys football 

actually any payment to the parasites comes out of the offer to buy the club as the stadium is not in administration so we would still fail to get a CVA and receive a 15 point deduction at best whilst creditors including the HMRC would get less which they then wouldn’t accept so again we can’t get a new owner.

Why would HMRC get less?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why would HMRC get less?

Either the buyer puts an extra £7m in, and HMRC get annoyed because they were mislead as to the potential size of the pot to repay creditors and could have negotiated a higher amount. Or there's no extra money and the existing pot gets diluted, and HMRC get less. Either way, HMRC will not be happy if we pay £7m to people that we do not believe are genuine creditors.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Either the buyer puts an extra £7m in, and HMRC get annoyed because they were mislead as to the potential size of the pot to repay creditors and could have negotiated a higher amount. Or there's no extra money and the existing pot gets diluted, and HMRC get less. Either way, HMRC will not be happy if we pay £7m to people that we do not believe are genuine creditors.

On the £7m to “settle”, where has this come from other than that BBC web article? Can’t find it anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

We will see. .

Got to say at the moment I don’t think EFL will take ant notice of a Court decision.

They will just do something else. 

Wow, That would be very foolish, It's contempt of court and a very serious offence that would/could lead to a cell occupied by the Daddy who does a good back scrub.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I must say that out of everything I have seen posted on all media, @Brailsford Ramhas been by far the most considered in terms of law protocol. I feel sure that Q will now go all guns blazing to get arbitration out of the way and then crack on. 

If it were I, now EFL have made it abundantly clear on their stance I would go straight to the law men and get the matter resolved. There is no way on earth I would give 1 dime to the parasites so I am in full agreement with them there.

Ram a lamb, in the interest of our club going to court now is by far the best option in my opinion. In fact it is our only sensible option. If Q don't take up the offer that the EFL has made then I will become very concerned about their motives. At some stage we simply have to remove the claims and I feel certain that HMRC will want that to because the claims are a barrier to any provisional agreement they may or not have made with Q as to settlement of their debt . Furthermore, about 30 odd clubs have survived administration in the last 40 years. All of them took any penalties imposed by the EFL on the chin. None of them faced the aggravation of a double jeopardy claim from fellow member clubs as we do now.. That in itself puts us in a morally unjust situation.. I suspect that underneath all of this, the EFL recognise that injustice and want the claims removing. The irony of all of this is that if DCFC is liquidated the EFL will most likely revise its rule book to ensure that in future no other club will have to face a double jeopardy situation. But that would be too late for us.

12 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

They probably don’t even need to reference the specific claims. They can get an injunction to stop the EFL kicking us out, or a clarification on how the insolvency act works to make it clear what they are allowed to do to any and all open claims.

EFL are the governing body, the club can't just get an injunction to stop the EFL kicking us out. They may be able to get an injunction once the EFL have announced we are being expelled from the league.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Would Gibson have a case against Villa - didn’t they break the rules too?

He would be a hypocrite not to take legal action against them but they haven’t been charged or found to be in breach at this point but he can currently take them to court if he feels he has been wronged - yet he hasn’t 

1 hour ago, Loftyhites said:

I feel like it’s coming to a point now where those interested in the purchasing the club will start to withdraw their bids. The bidders are already in a battle with the other parties interested in buying the club without the additional complications. Even to maintain interest in buying will be costing potential bidders time and money - perhaps minimal to them but nonetheless a ball ache with no guarantee in actually achieving preferred bidder status. 

Added to the ridiculous compensation claims from the two clubs (of which we know that the EFL will change the rules immediately after resolution to ensure that the entire league doesn’t collapse through unsubstantiated ‘what if’ scenarios resulting in legal action from dozens of clubs towards other clubs) and the fact that MM wants the bidders to pay off his debts and also walk away with a ‘golden handshake’ from them for the ground - as a bidder, I’d be thinking: ‘Is it worth it?’

These bidders are not like us. They don’t have DCFC tattooed on their hearts. They are business people that I’m sure have a lot more going on than Derby County which, from the outside, is sure beginning to look like a lot of hard work for increasingly little gain as time goes on, particularly if the club ends up in League One. 

Time is certainly ticking and months in from the start of the admin process, rather than seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, there seems to be more and more loose ends with no-one willing to budge on their current stances despite a lot of sitting around tables. Hopefully, I’m wrong and the bidders will continue to remain competitive with their interest and a new era for the club begins.

However, I know that from my point of view, I ordered an item from Amazon in September from which I’ve just had another email explaining that they’re still trying to obtain it. I’ve just cancelled the order and moved on - I hope that the bidders have more perseverance than me!

The biggest concern is any potential bidder re thinking on the basis that the EFL are supposed to be in charge of running things and it would concern the heck out of me 

The Administrators should attend the meeting if requested to do so, on the simple basis they need to present to court that they have tried to work with the EFL on multiple times and can have on record, a decline from the EFL to amend the rules that current UK law specifies on insolvency.

At the same time, I hope we are busy preparing our legal case and doing everything in our power to bring the EFL to court as quick as possible. It would be nice to know this is our plan.

Can someone tell me - if we go to court, and win, I assume it doesn't actually discredit the claims, this is purely to no longer have them applied as a football credit, so are we simply saying they will only be a 25% payment if they are successful down the line?

Or should we also actually go down the root of requesting the arbitration hearings to be heard immediately whilst simultaneously taking the EFL to court?

If anyone can add a little background to explain the current position, that would be great?

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Arbitration will resolve what exactly?

Did you mean mediation ? If so I agree, mediation is pointless

Arbitration on the other hand will decide whether the M/W claim is good (assuming it’s arbitration on the substance of the claims). And if the claims are rejected, as they likely will be, the whole issue disappears and Q seeks its restructuring court orders