The Administration Thread

Boycie

Adrian Durham likes to find an edge, to stir up his client base of phone-in loonies driving their taxis and white vans round the outskirts of London. Here though he is probably just being a Peterborough fan who is scared witless that his team will be overtaken by a 21 point deducted team before the end of February. If I am not too busy around 5 this evening I think I will stop taking fares and ring him up and tell him what a twit he really is.

3 hours ago, JfR said:

In case anyone's interested, Rob "Lionel Hutz" Couhig's given an update to Wycombe supporters with some comments on the situation with us:
https://gasroom.org/discussion/7216/rob-couhig-update

"Derby is an interesting situation. Its administrators continue to peddle the premise that Wycombe is somehow responsible for its possible demise. Nothing could be further from the truth. Wycombe had nothing to do with its accumulation of approximately £60 million in debt, including nearly £30 million to the government, £20+ million to the holder of the note of Mr. Morris which is secured by the stadium, approximately £8 million of other football debt, and, of course, the many smaller non-football creditors from the Derby area.

As of today, the administrators have not stated their plans for the resolution of the debt with any of its creditors. Although they announced a "preferred bidder" would be known "before Christmas", it has not been named. Nor did they meet their own deadline of over a month ago of making the announcement "imminently". Nothing has changed concerning the disagreement between Wycombe and Derby. There have been no discussions, no calls, nothing since I visited their offices in London last November.

There are multiple reasons why Derby owes Wycombe money. Perhaps the simplest to understand is that Derby, once it lost its arbitration, deliberately delayed turning over its reconstituted financials to avoid relegation. It did not even meet the panel’s deadline of August 14 (note: this is wrong, the original deadline was August 18th), which probably would have still allowed Wycombe to compete this year in the Championship. This cost Wycombe the difference in net revenue between competing in the Championship and League 1 this year and created likely financial losses beyond this year."

If the "simplest to understand" reason for why Derby owes Wycombe money is because Derby were given an agreed extension to a deadline so they had to input their accounts four games into the new season rather than to input their accounts three games into the new season, and this somehow stopped Wycombe from being in the Championship, then I don't think I'll be able to get my head round the other reasons. 

hmm . Load of poo, pot and kettle, glass houses

Take your pick

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/peterborough-united-chairman-believes-football-league-have-opened-themselves-legal-action-over-bolton-wanderers-fiasco-996478

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29475533

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t doubt that we delayed the submission of our amended accounts as long as possible partly, if not fully, in order to avoid the points being deducted last season but, it doesn’t matter what he THINKS we should have done. We did what we did within the deadlines set by the EFL.

I am fairly sure that it’s not that easy doing Three years of accounts in covid times in a very short time frame !

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

and the worst take of the day (so far) goes to...

Standard clickbait stuff, I guess.

Meanwhile everybody else around the country who scored or saved a shot from going in the net who hasn’t been fully paid for who is on any kind of money, is everyone ok with that - beyond pathetic - someone point that out to him.

So from what I understand, Adrian Durham (whoever he is?) “doesn’t want Derby to die”.

However, 1. Doesn’t want us using our senior players who have been out injured for a year scoring goals to keep us within a fighting chance

2. Wants us to have a fire sale because other clubs have had to in the past, losing us  our place in the football league because we don’t have enough players to complete our fixtures, effectively killing us because no owner would ever consider coming in at that point. 

But yeah Adrian Durham doesn’t want Derby to die! What a completely unbiased great bloke!