The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Rush and his pals for me.....the more Mel Morris tried to fling crap at him the more I've come to believe it was Morris who was the dodgy partner not Sam.

(And I saw the best football in years when Rush was involved)

Sam Rush was the highest paid CEO in the championship, and Mel trusted him and his knowledge and experience in football to run the club, sadley he let him down, buying 8 or 10( could be more) sub standard players on 4 or 5 year contracts on £20,000 a week wages make no mistake Mel made a total mess of the club however Rush was not far behind.

Rush players what have they gone on to achieve since leaving Derby?

1 minute ago, SirBrian said:

Sam Rush was the highest paid CEO in the championship, and Mel trusted him and his knowledge and experience in football to run the club, sadley he let him down, buying 8 or 10( could be more) sub standard players on 4 or 5 year contracts on £20,000 a week wages make no mistake Mel made a total mess of the club however Rush was not far behind.

Most of them floundered when asked to play 97 different styles of play from the 14 different managers that Mel took on and sacked in the seasons following their appointments to our club.

We do like to duck up good players,it's something of a Derby trademark whilst Morris was involved.

It’ll have to be someone who can afford to lose a shed load of cash without a care! That’s why I thought we’d done well with CK.

Now I haven’t got a clue I just hope the administrator isn’t buying some time and peace over Christmas.

It can’t be Ashley surely, isn’t he up to his neck enough with his high street ventures?

11 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Seeing as we had an uncanny ability to buy players on the back of a purple patch it was always going to be a downward trajectory

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m never normally the first one to post news on here so maybe I’ve missed summat… but Percy has confirmed that it’s Appleby’s group the admins were talking about 

Where’s he confirmed that? Can’t see anything on his Twitter feed.

Edit: Never mind, found the article.

Edited by Heisenberg

44 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Most of them floundered when asked to play 97 different styles of play from the 14 different managers that Mel took on and sacked in the seasons following their appointments to our club.

We do like to duck up good players,it's something of a Derby trademark whilst Morris was involved.

It's the Derby way

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Where’s he confirmed that? Can’t see anything on his Twitter feed.

Edit: Never mind, found the article.

"...Kirchner has pulled out of the running after revealing his frustration over negotiations with Quantuma, the administrators, to leave two parties now fighting it out to secure a purchase. 

It is understood one group is being fronted by former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, working on behalf of General Sports Worldwide, which includes former Derby chairman Andrew Appleby and former chief executive Sam Rush. That group increased its offer to buy the club on Thursday and is now hopeful of entering a period of exclusivity. 

Another party of local businessmen, linked to former Derby chairman and owner Peter Gadsby, is also believed to be interested in a deal..."

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I’ve told you a million times, do not exaggerate! ?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...Kirchner has pulled out of the running after revealing his frustration over negotiations with Quantuma, the administrators, to leave two parties now fighting it out to secure a purchase. 

It is understood one group is being fronted by former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, working on behalf of General Sports Worldwide, which includes former Derby chairman Andrew Appleby and former chief executive Sam Rush. That group increased its offer to buy the club on Thursday and is now hopeful of entering a period of exclusivity. 

Another party of local businessmen, linked to former Derby chairman and owner Peter Gadsby, is also believed to be interested in a deal..."

So its Team Appleby v Team Gadsby, which i think everyone guessed.

3 hours ago, SirBrian said:

I blame Rush more than Morris in that Morris was just funding it in the belief that he would at least get his money back on most of them  yet we managed to get nothing back on 90% of them - Rush gave the contracts out 

3 hours ago, SirBrian said:

Agree, never liked rush always seemed dodgy to me perhaps it was just the way he came across.