The Administration Thread

Boycie

I can’t believe Quantuma would risk releasing the statement they did a couple of weeks ago, if Boro and Wycombe were not the stumbling block.

What would they have done if Boro and Wycombe had called their bluff and pulled their claims?

That said, it is concerning that Morris does seem to retain a degree of influence beyond confirmation he has agreed to sell the stadium for £20m. I find it quite amazing he expects even a penny after what he has done to the club but here we are.

13 minutes ago, jono said:

Can it be really true that we are “losing” 750k a month barring Tom and perhaps Curtis I can’t see there being that many big earners left .. has ST money been spent ? Maybe it’s cash flow rather than profit/loss ? Curious 

Festy, Cashin, Tommo, Bird, Knight, Buchanan, Plange, Stretton .. who else are the Crown Jewels ? Will there be casualties ? Can we get something across the line and hope the window closes. ? 

Nerve wracking 

We are losing £750k a month because we are not getting any income. Season ticket money paid in advance and Efl holding on to the Tv money too.

plus the longer this drags out the admin fees keep piling up.

58 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Joint statement from Quantuma and the EFL:

"One month extension to the deadline set for proof of funding to be provided".

I still don't really get what the EFL would have done rather than extend the deadline. The embargo is still in place (I assume) so would they really have kicked us out of the league mid season? I really can't see it was ever going to happen. 

So much for the 'significant progress' announced days ago. Nothing's happened!

Everything still up in the air - creditors, bids, stadium, existence, parasites....

This bit of the EFL statement is bound to grate: "alongside providing additional time to seek clarity on the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe".

For the EFL to continually give legitimacy to parasite clubs, instead of unambiguously moving them into the post-takeover future, shows the pathetic ambiguity of their interpretation of their own regulations, which they are motivated to re-interpret every time a DCFC issue is considered.

Analysts have been ridiculing the validity of parasite claims for weeks but the EFL allow the fantasists to persist.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

JP piece in the Telegraph

"...

It is understood that Quantuma have raised almost £1 million for February through player departures, including youngster Dylan Williams' sale to Chelsea and the exits of Phil Jagielka and Sam Baldock, contingency on other transfers and television money from the EFL.

However, it is understood that one interested bidder - the group fronted by former Derby chairman Andy Appleby - is seriously considering whether to abandon their interest as frustration deepens over the crisis.

Appleby's group, which also includes former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, held advanced talks over a potential takeover last week but are now weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their interest.

Two other parties are in contention to purchase Derby, including former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and American investors Colin and Adam Binnie..."

Contingency on other transfers and television money from the EFL - they want us to sell all the players ! Leaving nothing for a bidder to actually buy - it’s hard to maintain faith that the administrators are getting anywhere whilst the EFL sit back with Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners making sure we die as a football club.

The EFL only want us to finish the season as they don’t care about the the future, my contempt for the EFL Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners just gets worse.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

So it’s another transfer window where we have had any chance of incomings blocked. There’s a surprise ???

We still can’t re-register or extend contracts leaving us exposed.

As this passes into next month I am hoping this now mean we don’t have to sell anyone else until the next window ??‍♂️??

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Can it be really true that we are “losing” 750k a month barring Tom and perhaps Curtis I can’t see there being that many big earners left .. has ST money been spent ? Maybe it’s cash flow rather than profit/loss ? Curious 

Festy, Cashin, Tommo, Bird, Knight, Buchanan, Plange, Stretton .. who else are the Crown Jewels ? Will there be casualties ? Can we get something across the line and hope the window closes. ? 

Nerve wracking 

When the admins took over it was about £1.2m a month (excluding MSD loans).

There are more people employed by the club than just players. Just under 60 players from U18s up to the first team, close to 100 footballing staff (coaches, groundsmen, kitchen, etc), and close to 150 backroom staff.
Total club wage bill at the time of administration was equivalent to about £25m. You're probably looking at about £16m in player wages, the rest being staff. Departures likely reduce that annual figure by about £1.6m.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

JP in Telegraph

"However, it is understood that one interested bidder - the group fronted by former Derby chairman Andy Appleby - is seriously considering whether to abandon their interest as frustration deepens over the crisis.

Appleby's group, which also includes former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, held advanced talks over a potential takeover last week but are now weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their interest."

I would be totally hacked off and off but hopefully Appleby's previous involvement will keep him there but his backers????

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Guess this means no need to fire sale any more players?

Depends on whether they see a resolution at the end of the month extension I guess. There may be a need to sell to fund the club for the following months, and the only opportunity to do that is in the next few days. 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Contingency on other transfers and television money from the EFL - they want us to sell all the players ! Leaving nothing for a bidder to actually buy - it’s hard to maintain faith that the administrators are getting anywhere whilst the EFL sit back with Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners making sure we die as a football club.

The EFL only want us to finish the season as they don’t care about the the future, my contempt for the EFL Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners just gets worse.

I think your onto something about the EFL wanting us to finish the season......if we didn't the mess it would leave ie points added/deducted would be a nightmare for them to sort out and could even bring "claims" from disgruntled clubs

Edited by BriggRam

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I'm struggling with the ongoing 'losses' per month, but then remembering there hasn't really been any ST income for this season, not many 'new' sales as the majority left it in from last and haven't paid any more. This must account for approx £4m hole in the monies for this season.

Also the talk about the squad, if, and it's a big IF, we can get to Feb and not lose anyone of significance (Tom, Festy, Knight, Bird etc) then we look at missed opportunities to strengthen, yet Bielik coming back will be like a new stella signing, reality is we would have missed out on potential loans, although with wage restrictions and no fees still in place irrespective of a PB being announced that would have been limited anyway.

If a PB is named and the embargo is eased in Feb, we can still pick up out of contract players until mid March (not sure of exact date unless changed rules this yr) so long as the wages fit the restrictions, so not all lost.

12 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Don't disagree with youin terms of the complexities they are grappling with.  I think it's the poor / lack of communication with the supporters that is getting many peoples' backs up.  Clearly, there are sensitive things they cannot disclose, but some indications of progress every now and then would help.

I agree, but it must be difficult for them. They are constrained by confidentiality and NDA's, and will not want to put in the public domain anything that might be a) commercially sensitive or b) allienate interested parties, including and in particular the EFL. Not really sure what they can say other than what they have, offering additional assurances to all fans that they are fighting the Club's corner whilst being mindful of their legal duties to obtain the best return for the Creditors. Its a minefild for them to pick through, and frankly (not they will say it) the relevance of the fans in the actual process is actually very low. Glad its not my gig. I bet right at the moment they probably wish it wasn't their's also ?

Just a thought about pre-contract agreements, I thought that is only allowed for international moves, so England to Scotland/Germany etc, but not within the same league structure. 

If that's right then it's the Bundesliga interest in the likes of Festy that is the only worry once Feb arrives, not sure about scholars, can they move at anytime? 

Edited by Rich84
Clarify