The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Wycombe are arguing that we contrived to have our punishment applied in the wrong season, to our advantage.  Saying we've served our punishment doesn't address that.

'Boro are arguing that our punishment wasn't enough - we should have been given a harsher punishment and should have also been found guilty of things we were cleared of. We've served out punishment doesn't address that.

Wycombes argument is we delayed submitting our revised accounts and we did delay putting in our Revised Accounts but with the EFLs permission, so the EFL are complicit.

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Wycombes argument is we delayed submitting our revised accounts and we did delay putting in our Revised Accounts but with the EFLs permission, so the EFL are complicit.

It's worse than that. If you can decode Couhigs rantings on Radio Derby, they seemingly wanted us to restate our accounts in Spring 2021, giving the EFL time to review them and give us our points deductions in 20/21.  But we weren't even found guilty of *anything* material until May 2021, let alone ordered to restate them (July 2021).

Edited by duncanjwitham
Corrected months

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

No are you saying DCFC don’t have a general tennants agreement?

Do you mean an assured shorthold tenancy agreement? ?  The lease between the Club and Gellaw will be a commercial lease and what will be in the provisions as to responsibilities you and I can only guess about.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In charge for possibly the 2nd worst transfer window in recent history.

Transfers in
Weale, Anya, Wilson (loan), Vydra

Transfers out
Buxton, Warnock, Sammon (all released), Martin (loan), Hendrick, Shotton, Albentosa

I do remember the ongoing Hendrick saga - 8 think Burnley started at about two million quid and increased their offer by about 50p each time.

I believe some Burnley board members still wear black armbands as they are still mourning the pounds and pence of that transfer.

Then they bought vydra two seasons later.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not going that far. A Tesco bottle of Leffe Brune for me.

Yes, half a bottle of blue nun and a pipe of Pringles will suffice 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What does that mean in real talk apart from we have dodged the politicians again 

It means, at least to me, the planned meeting with MPs to discuss Derby County isn't required anymore as the administrators have informed us with an update that renders the meeting redundant. At least to me, with optimism-bias. 

The news that Ashley has increased his interest is very welcome. Honestly, Mike Ashley has cash in abundance and that's what we need at the moment to make the debts of the past a distant memory. If we get someone without that huge cash flow then we run the risk of being in a similar position in the future, especially with these high interest loans that Morris so lovingly put on the club. 

Ashley has the ability to put us back to square one from the first day he walks into the club. He would go from one of the most hated owners of a football club to being the most adored at another. I'm really pulling for Ashley to take over the club, because I see the liquidity he can bring and ultimately the stability he offers. 

Pinched from the Birmingham forum.

Poster 1

Interesting quote from Kieran Maguire regarding the ownership debacle at Derby. 
"You’ve got to give a lot of credit to the Derby fans because they’ve done the smart things. 
“They’ve got mobilised, organised, they’ve bombarded MPs so you’ve had the matter being spoken about in the House of Commons and, all of the sudden, the pressure has come on." 
If only our MPs gave a toss. 

Poster2

Has anyone written to our MPs?

Poster3

Shabana Mahmood 
Jess Phillips 
Andy Street 

They've all been tweeted and none of them has replied. 

I know, it's not conventional or requiring of a response but... 

Perhaps the next huge step would be a petition for this to be heard in parliament. 

I'm sure if Derby, Blues and the next club got togehter to push this through, we'd get 100,000 signatures. 

If too much of a step right now, shall we mobilise to bombard the offices of Birmingham/West Midlands MPs with letters/e-mails? 

Apologies if this has already been suggested.

Poster 4

I wrote to mine, we are having speed bumps put in next week. ?

2 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Poster 1

"You’ve got to give a lot of credit to the Derby fans because they’ve done the smart things. 
“They’ve got mobilised, organised, they’ve bombarded MPs so you’ve had the matter being spoken about in the House of Commons and, all of the sudden, the pressure has come on." 

Poster2

Poster3

Shabana Mahmood 
Jess Phillips 
Andy Street 

Perhaps the next huge step would be a petition for this to be heard in parliament. 

I'm sure if Derby, Blues and the next club got togehter to push this through, we'd get 100,000 signatures. 

If too much of a step right now, shall we mobilise to bombard the offices of Birmingham/West Midlands MPs with letters/e-mails? 

Poster 4

Let's get ourselves sorted. Then combine with other screwed over clubs to get real change. That Bury MP will be up for it.

27 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Are you free after 4pm ?

I'm guessing that relates to Unlucky Alf's "tempting" offer but, for the rest of us, if you cannot share details of what it is we'll all be happy about, please can you at least give us a clue on when we'll find out so that I can stay sober long enough to absorb the information.

6 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Poster 1

Poster2

Poster3

Shabana Mahmood 
Jess Phillips 
Andy Street 

Poster 4

It's even better if you read it in a Brummie accent.

28 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Wycombe are arguing that we contrived to have our punishment applied in the wrong season, to our advantage.  Saying we've served our punishment doesn't address that.

'Boro are arguing that our punishment wasn't enough - we should have been given a harsher punishment and should have also been found guilty of things we were cleared of. We've served out punishment doesn't address that.

Are you sure you are correct? Have you seen their cases? I thought Middlesbrough were claiming compensation for their lost income? If we’d been punished more harshly and found guilty of things we’d been cleared of then it wouldn’t alter their income. Also, if that truly is their case then they definitely be going after the EFL. Derby didn’t decide on the punishment or make a ruling on the cases.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby. One in the nest and two hovering. Admins working out their final invoice, major movement expected imminently, handwringing at EFL HQ re a positive outcome. Gibson in pieces.

@reluctantnicko

Is that playing to a receptive audience - is it even real? 

Edited by Sparkle