The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

For Middlesbrough and perhaps Wycombe to manage to get away with blackmailing is horrendous. Whether it's the UK's government or just the football government, everything needs a complete revamp if these things can happen. Who's got some dirt on Gibson? Let's go blackmail him for a new right back! ?

bald george costanza GIF by HULUI’ve heard it’s not his real hair.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok thanks. My point was that reference was made to third parties. ( plural). We know Gibson was going after Morris. Who else was he still going after beyond the end of June 2022?

The third parties were presumably MM and DCFC. 

MM would probably have had some (limited) input into the Note in Boro’s accounts   

Whole episode is a stain on Boro and the EFL 

On 18/11/2022 at 09:14, Unlucky Alf said:

Apologies for going over old old old ground but this sticks like a knife in my back.

We were told by Q that if they don't appeal the EFL will take no further action/s and all is done.

Q didn't appeal and a few weeks/months later Boro drop a shyte load of shyte on us and the EFL said we can not get involved between 2 teams, Yet they have some shitty rules that say clubs can not go after each other.

We're coming up to the month of good cheer...there's some people out there I wish horrible things on them, Yes I'm a vindictive Bast**d ? 

Agreed. Rick Parry, the EFL and Steve Gibson certainly need some vindictiveisation!

And yes there is such a word, right here in this thread! ?

Edited by DavesaRam

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

The third parties were presumably MM and DCFC. 

MM would probably have had some (limited) input into the Note in Boro’s accounts   

Whole episode is a stain on Boro and the EFL 

DCFC settled at no cost to DCFc in February 2022 so wouldn't still be outstanding at June 2022. SG was suing EFL and there has been no statement of how that was settled. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

DCFC settled at no cost to DCFc in February 2022 so wouldn't still be outstanding at June 2022. SG was suing EFL and there has been no statement of how that was settled. 

It was paid by Mel, how do you know when that was agreed with SG?

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Wouldn't the accounts posted in June 2022 refer to the previous years accounts?

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I've said a few times ......the note refers to "parties" is Mel Morris more than one party? He may have coughed up something but I would be amazed if it was £2.7million.

Maybe it was one of Mel's businesses - tax purposes, that sort of thing. No-one else was playing.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Wouldn't the accounts posted in June 2022 refer to the previous years accounts?

They would, but accounts also include a small section at the end titled "post balance sheet events". This will include key events which occur between the accohnting period ending and the accounts bring approved by the board. Generally, this includes all activity over the summer transfer window.

53 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ah ok third parties might include reference to EFL. 
But you're really suggesting the EFl made a payment to Boro?  
Seems very far fetched IMO, and if they had it would have leaked 

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was worth a bump as it’s 1 year since @Boycie started this thread.  That was after CK withdrew the first time and later that day we were told the PB wasn’t far off.

What a year it’s been of mixed emotions and to use a football phrase it really has been a year of 2 halves!!  The first half dominated by worries whether we would survive, marches, dodgy claims, statements, PB’s in then out again, who would own the ground, media exposure on national news, parliament debates, etc.  All met with unity and a fighting spirit from the club, the team and the fans. The second half and DC has taken us over and it’s back to football matters - signings, formations, team selections, performances, managers, etc and what a relief it is.

How far we’ve come and how things have changed in the last year.  And how lucky we are that David Clowes stepped in when he did, even if it wasn’t in his mind this time last year.

Merry Christmas ?!!

6 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I thought this was worth a bump as it’s 1 year since @Boycie started this thread.  That was after CK withdrew the first time and later that day we were told the PB wasn’t far off.

What a year it’s been of mixed emotions and to use a football phrase it really has been a year of 2 halves!!  The first half dominated by worries whether we would survive, marches, dodgy claims, statements, PB’s in then out again, who would own the ground, media exposure on national news, parliament debates, etc.  All met with unity and a fighting spirit from the club, the team and the fans. The second half and DC has taken us over and it’s back to football matters - signings, formations, team selections, performances, managers, etc and what a relief it is.

How far we’ve come and how things have changed in the last year.  And how lucky we are that David Clowes stepped in when he did, even if it wasn’t in his mind this time last year.

Merry Christmas ?!!

Indeed, it’s turn around is pretty amazing and it’s good to look at where we’ve come from to keep our feet on the ground, as I think a few people are getting a bit OTT in their expectations.

On Kirchner, he seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything about Uncle Mel? 

How is his health? Is he still active in (other) business? Is he in exile?

All said and done, his cleverness backfired, but he certainly isn't in my opinion a bad human.

I agree to a certain degree. He tried and failed, and its far better to try and fail, than to not try at all. His issue was that he made managerial mistakes, be it sacking managers too early or appointing the wrong ones in the 1st place. What he cant be accused of is not backing any of the managers.

There a quite a lot of parallels right now between Moshiri at Everton and DCFC. He too has spent a truckload of money, but his managerial appointments have been a disaster and Everton are now much worse off.