The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well shame we were not allowed to do this and then force let all our decent players leave and best young players leave from our youth system yet while they get keep all there this is not fair.

We still have our best young players. Sibley ,Cashin, Knight, Bird and Thomson. We have got rid of the ones that were rejects we picked up from other academies.

35 minutes ago, swanny said:

I dont get it. several clubs doing the 'converting loans into equity' trick now. is this going to need to be closed at some point? i cant see how its compatible with ffp.  Loan club £200 million. they owe you for two years. then just before the next ffp cycle you convert it to equity in a club you already own 100% of? i dont claim to understand it, but it stinks

legal technicality - if the owner LENDS the money, they are a creditor and can ask for their money back. Ultimately this could put the company into admin. If its equity you cant - you are paying for a "share of the profits" so you can only receive dividends, which come AFTER loan payments. So the regulators would far rather equity as that is the "best" quality capital you can have 

- the first in line to absorb any losses

-the last in line to get anything back.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not sure it actually comes in to FFP - I could be wrong, someone with a bit more knowledge than me could tell me different. 

It's essentially director loans, which are usually charged at 0% being written off by the owner. In terms of FFP, though, I still think it's classed as owner investment to cover the shortfall. I'm 99% sure that's the case.

The owner sets up another entity and this entity owns all the club’s equity. The owner loans money to this entity and accepts equity as payment. The problem comes when the owner, as payment for his loans, owns 100% of the equity.

I have no idea if it’s legal for the owner to simply set up another entity and start the loans for equity swop again. 

1 hour ago, swanny said:

I dont get it. several clubs doing the 'converting loans into equity' trick now. is this going to need to be closed at some point? i cant see how its compatible with ffp.  Loan club £200 million. they owe you for two years. then just before the next ffp cycle you convert it to equity in a club you already own 100% of? i dont claim to understand it, but it stinks

Yeah pretty certain this can’t be considered in FFP, it’s more a demonstrated commitment from the owner. Maranakis in particular has been doing this, its him effectively writing money off, means if things go south there will be less debt to take on and make the club more sellable. Mel did this with lots of his investment in Derby (in the end not sure he converted to equity at the time), but wouldn’t stand behind the full debts and we ended up where we are.

21 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

They ought to look at the Trees while they are at it for similarly playing fast and loose with inter-club transfers. GO GET ‘EM, RICK!

As much as this pains me to point out, but Rick & Co currently have no authority over those particular disease-ridden trees.
They can't even fine them for shameful display of a broccoli floret under their 2... count 'em... TWO... gold stars!     

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

As much as this pains me to point out, but Rick & Co currently have no authority over those particular disease-ridden trees.
They can't even fine them for shameful display of a broccoli floret under their 2... count 'em... TWO... gold stars!     

What’s two gold stars got to do with James Bond?