The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Any news on loseening resitions so may we can spend a little so can bring in a couple on fees.

Can only see it being reviewed in the summer, if anything.

If not, it’ll be another year with only loan and free transfers allowed on a wage cap (Reportedly £12k a week) ending in the summer of 2024.

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

An update of sorts on our progress from John Percy. Lacking lots of nuance, but it's worth reading for the salty comments below the article from Forest fans! 

The suggestion is that we still have wages capped at £8m including employer NI even next yea which could be in the Championship. That cant be right, it supposed to be a business plan? And wages caps only exist in the League One and Two.  

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We got a suspended points deduction, as did Sheff Weds for failing to pay more than once.

Yep, and unlike Wigan we didn't break the conditions, and we* paid everyone on time from then on... sort of!

By we I mean Paul Stretford and the £1.6m payment he'll never see back.

(unless Clowes has quietly covered it and we haven't been told)

Edited by Kokosnuss

On 26/01/2023 at 16:55, PistoldPete said:

The suggestion is that we still have wages capped at £8m including employer NI even next yea which could be in the Championship. That cant be right, it supposed to be a business plan? And wages caps only exist in the League One and Two.  

Wigan were in the 1st hear of their business plan last season. Amazingly, they had a total club wage bill of £13m with revenue almost 1/3 of what ours will be this season.

You can always rely on the EFL to show fairness towards all clubs.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan were in the 1st hear of their business plan last season. Amazingly, they had a total club wage bill of £13m with revenue almost 1/3 of what ours will be this season.

GOC that is truly shocking. In the words of Keegan (almost I  would love it if Rick Parry had to hand us the play off winners trophy in May. 

17 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Wigan have a suspended 3 points for non-payment of wages hanging over them, looks like this breaks that so I'd expect the -3 to be activated, nothing official as yet though.

Watford also being investigated for sale/ loan back from Udinese.

Watford again inflating the price of a player selling them to Udinese at an inflated fee then loaning him back to get the player for nothing and money against FFP - I am sure the Boro perm will have the EFL onto it ( I hope you are watching florets ) 

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hopefully, armed with these set of accounts, Derby will be able to approach the EFL about a review of our business plan. Because what we understand about our business plan, it seems to be quite different to the Wigan one.

Looking at their accounts and the problems with paying wages on a number of occasions, you have to question the EFL's stewardship of Wigan's recovery.

31 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Hopefully, armed with these set of accounts, Derby will be able to approach the EFL about a review of our business plan. Because what we understand about our business plan, it seems to be quite different to the Wigan one.

Looking at their accounts and the problems with paying wages on a number of occasions, you have to question the EFL's stewardship of Wigan's recovery.

I think that is the key point. None of us really know the full terms of our business plan let alone Wigans.

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think that is the key point. None of us really know the full terms of our business plan let alone Wigans.

We know a few key facts.

Derby's revenue is higher than originally budgeted for. Derby cannot pay transfer fees.

Wigan had a revenue of £8m and had a wage bill (including bonuses) of £13m. Wigan were allowed to spend money on players - one believed to be about £700k.

A worst case scenario would have put Derby at a revenue of £16m, with a realistic figure being in the low to mid £20 millions. Derby's wage budget is estimated to be below what Wigan spent on wages.

There's no doubt in my mind that the EFL haven't been fair.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We know a few key facts.

Derby's revenue is higher than originally budgeted for. Derby cannot pay transfer fees.

Wigan had a revenue of £8m and had a wage bill (including bonuses) of £13m. Wigan were allowed to spend money on players - one believed to be about £700k.

A worst case scenario would have put Derby at a revenue of £16m, with a realistic figure being in the low to mid £20 millions. Derby's wage budget is estimated to be below what Wigan spent on wages.

There's no doubt in my mind that the EFL haven't been fair.

What was Derby's originally budgeted revenue?

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Watford again inflating the price of a player selling them to Udinese at an inflated fee then loaning him back to get the player for nothing and money against FFP - I am sure the Boro perm will have the EFL onto it ( I hope you are watching florets ) 

I have absolutely no problem with the Watford transfer, obviously it is against fair play financially but in a league where parachute payments decimate ‘fair play’ then it really makes no odds.

As long as the money has been paid and it’s not just a paperwork exercise, it gives Watford (the company) a cash injection. You wouldn’t be thrilled if you were an Udinese fan, of course. It impacts their accounts. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I have absolutely no problem with the Watford transfer, obviously it is against fair play financially but in a league where parachute payments decimate ‘fair play’ then it really makes no odds.

As long as the money has been paid and it’s not just a paperwork exercise, it gives Watford (the company) a cash injection. You wouldn’t be thrilled if you were an Udinese fan, of course. It impacts their accounts. 

We got raked over the coals for attempting to bypass FFP with the stadium sale. All these clubs selling players to themselves get away completely scot free though. I know ultimately we weren't punished for the stadium sale but it didnt stop the EFL coming after us. Why is what we did a heinous crime in the eyes of the EFL, but these clubs can bypass FFP this way with not a care in the world. Baffles me.

7 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Watford also being investigated for sale/ loan back from Udinese.

Good. Maybe they'll also go back to 2014/15 and properly investigate the signing of Ighallo, who ended the season top scorer, but I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by Crewton