The Administration Thread

Boycie

Huddersfield are apparently considering going into Administration due to a deadlock selling the club - they have a short period of time to fit it in this season ( - 12 points) as they look odds on for relegation 

Reading seem due the suspended -6 points 

Wigan seem due the suspended -3 points 

It’s  great being a championship club isn’t it ! 

EFL due to be busy with their statements by the end of March 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Huddersfield are apparently considering going into Administration due to a deadlock selling the club - they have a short period of time to fit it in this season ( - 12 points) as they look odds on for relegation 

Good to see that the current restrictions in place are protecting clubs, eh? I wonder if the EFL will finally have a eureka moment - probably not. 

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Florists are now selling out their corporate seats where you start off at Trent Bridge test ground and walk to the match at , wait for it - £500 per person!

They must be gutted when they realise they're not actually seats at Trent bridge.

"And no we leave the highly regarded test cricket venue of Trent Bridge and head over towards some prime riverside development plots that are just waiting the tennant to go bust and be kicked out. I know it looks terrible now but just imagine it as an exclusive condominium development "

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think Huddersfield would need to go into administration before the fourth Thursday in March (23rd) to guarantee any points deductions are applied this season. As I understand it, if they went into administration after that date (but before the end of the season) the season the points would be deducted is dependent on whether they would have relegated even without the deduction. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think Huddersfield would need to go into administration before the fourth Thursday in March (23rd) to guarantee any points deductions are applied this season. As I understand it, if they went into administration after that date (but before the end of the season) the season the points would be deducted is dependent on whether they would have relegated even without the deduction. 

You know who is already rubbing his hands with glee and meeting with his lawyer mates!

image.jpeg.589c8b8298b701c66c9017db939f4002.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

So telling us they could get away with Scott free then.

41 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So telling us they could get away with Scott free then.

No. They will still get a 12 point deduction if they go into administration but whether the deduction takes place this season or the next depends on where they finish in the league. I guess to stop clubs knowing they are already relegated so they think they may as well take the points deduction this season.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No. They will still get a 12 point deduction if they go into administration but whether the deduction takes place this season or the next depends on where they finish in the league. I guess to stop clubs knowing they are already relegated so they think they may as well take the points deduction this season.

Its exactly that. Leeds set the precedent some years ago when after being already relegated they announced Admin on the morning of the last match of the season (against us)

8 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Its exactly that. Leeds set the precedent some years ago when after being already relegated they announced Admin on the morning of the last match of the season (against us)

The one anomaly as I read rule 12.4.2 is that a club could go into administration after the 4th Thursday but if they finish more than 12 points clear of relegation the points deduction would be applied the same season thus making it meaningless. I’m sure I must have misinterpreted the rule.

On 11/03/2023 at 13:24, Sparkle said:

Watford again inflating the price of a player selling them to Udinese at an inflated fee then loaning him back to get the player for nothing and money against FFP - I am sure the Boro perm will have the EFL onto it ( I hope you are watching florets ) 

They ought to look at the Trees while they are at it for similarly playing fast and loose with inter-club transfers. GO GET ‘EM, RICK!

On 12/03/2023 at 12:37, Tyler Durden said:

Yes do take on board what you're saying.

It's the root cause that never needs to be forgotten though - why was Morris intent of finding some Byzantine method of circumnavigating the FFP rules for then the EFL to be caused to give it closer scrutiny - and always comes down to the financial mismanagement of the club as the key instigator in all this. 

I haven't seen many other football clubs having to go to the lengths of effectively selling their grounds back to themselves to get around their owners making a total cack of its finances. 

Didn’t the permed scrote sell a load of club debts to one of his companies to get Middlesbrough around FFP (allegedly)?

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:
On 12/03/2023 at 12:37, Tyler Durden said:

Yes do take on board what you're saying.

It's the root cause that never needs to be forgotten though - why was Morris intent of finding some Byzantine method of circumnavigating the FFP rules for then the EFL to be caused to give it closer scrutiny - and always comes down to the financial mismanagement of the club as the key instigator in all this. 

I haven't seen many other football clubs having to go to the lengths of effectively selling their grounds back to themselves to get around their owners making a total cack of its finances. 

Didn’t the permed scrote sell a load of club debts to one of his companies to get Middlesbrough around FFP (allegedly)?

I dont get it. several clubs doing the 'converting loans into equity' trick now. is this going to need to be closed at some point? i cant see how its compatible with ffp.  Loan club £200 million. they owe you for two years. then just before the next ffp cycle you convert it to equity in a club you already own 100% of? i dont claim to understand it, but it stinks

10 minutes ago, swanny said:

I dont get it. several clubs doing the 'converting loans into equity' trick now. is this going to need to be closed at some point? i cant see how its compatible with ffp.  Loan club £200 million. they owe you for two years. then just before the next ffp cycle you convert it to equity in a club you already own 100% of? i dont claim to understand it, but it stinks

I'm not sure it actually comes in to FFP - I could be wrong, someone with a bit more knowledge than me could tell me different. 

It's essentially director loans, which are usually charged at 0% being written off by the owner. In terms of FFP, though, I still think it's classed as owner investment to cover the shortfall. I'm 99% sure that's the case.