The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, alram said:

no issue with the club, my issue remains with mel morris as he fades into the background completely unaccountable for the money he has cost the tax payer

If Mrs Morris has the same cheery demeanour as Mrs VdM, the fact that he's dropped 125m will be remembered and periodically brought up for decades..... ?

6 hours ago, alram said:

i dont think its anything to brag about to be honest.

yes they were wrong but all of us as tax payers have still been shafted.

Mel morris should be put forward to a jury as should every other businessman that willingly doesnt pay a tax bill. it should be a criminal offence, and people shouldnt be allowed to hide behind limited companies

I'm "bragging" about being right when a bunch of Forest and Bristol trolls were wrong. I'd like to say I'm sorry if that upsets you, but I'm not. 

As reprehensible as Mel Morris' failure to pay the bills he ran up is, if you think that the missing £20m would have ended up in Nurses pay packets, hospital beds, increased universal credit payments or even the pockets of basic rate taxpayers, you might want to do a little more research into the policies of the Conservative Party. 

But well done for criticising something I didn't say. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm "bragging" about being right when a bunch of Forest and Bristol trolls were wrong. I'd like to say I'm sorry if that upsets you, but I'm not. 

As reprehensible as Mel Morris' failure to pay the bills he ran up is, if you think that the missing £20m would have ended up in Nurses pay packets, hospital beds, increased universal credit payments or even the pockets of basic rate taxpayers, you might want to do a little more research into the policies of the Conservative Party. 

But well done for criticising something I didn't say. 

It would barely even pay for West Ham's stewarding costs

7 hours ago, alram said:

no issue with the club, my issue remains with mel morris as he fades into the background completely unaccountable for the money he has cost the tax payer

He was owner or The Derby County Football Club Limited. The "Limited " bit refers to "limited liability".. a legal status established since "The Limited Liability Act 1855". If you don't like that law, well it could be your turn next to be Prime Minister and you could change the law. 

15 hours ago, alram said:

i dont think its anything to brag about to be honest.

yes they were wrong but all of us as tax payers have still been shafted.

Mel morris should be put forward to a jury as should every other businessman that willingly doesnt pay a tax bill. it should be a criminal offence, and people shouldnt be allowed to hide behind limited companies

But that's like saying I've been shafted as I had to subside the massive government furlough scheme during Covid when I wasn't eligible for a payout, ditto the government subsidies on utility bills when I'm fortunate enough not to need the handout which is coming out of my taxes anyway whether I like it or not, ditto the government bailing out Bulb or the RBS and so on. 

Am still in two minds to believe whether Morris was deliberately racking up the debts in the knowledge that he couldn't underwrite them or he was totally oblivious to the mess he was making. 

Not sure which one is the lesser of the two evils. 

It does leave a sour taste in my mouth as I know we will be bracketed with clubs like Leicester for dodging debts by going into administration.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

But that's like saying I've been shafted as I had to subside the massive government furlough scheme during Covid when I wasn't eligible for a payout, ditto the government subsidies on utility bills when I'm fortunate enough not to need the handout which is coming out of my taxes anyway whether I like it or not, ditto the government bailing out Bulb or the RBS and so on. 

Am still in two minds to believe whether Morris was deliberately racking up the debts in the knowledge that he couldn't underwrite them or he was totally oblivious to the mess he was making. 

Not sure which one is the lesser of the two evils. 

It does leave a sour taste in my mouth as I know we will be bracketed with clubs like Leicester for dodging debts by going into administration.

Yup but the big difference that Leicester did dodge their debts whilst getting promotion in a stadium they have never paid for and keeping players they couldn’t afford. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yup but the big difference that Leicester did dodge their debts whilst getting promotion in a stadium they have never paid for and keeping players they couldn’t afford. 

Am aware of that. Other less enlightenment football aficionados might not be though as just tar us with the same brush. Which is down to their ignorance. I'd rather have wished we didn't go into administration at all. But that's all to do with our previous owner. 

12 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

He was owner or The Derby County Football Club Limited. The "Limited " bit refers to "limited liability".. a legal status established since "The Limited Liability Act 1855". If you don't like that law, well it could be your turn next to be Prime Minister and you could change the law. 

And he also had his duties as a director under the law. I would be surprised if HMRC arent looking at whether they can bring a case as this was so high profile. They may not succeed even if they do but dont expect him to be totally off the hook yet. Accountancy/tax press (yes sad I know) full of such cases

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

And he also had his duties as a director under the law. I would be surprised if HMRC arent looking at whether they can bring a case as this was so high profile. They may not succeed even if they do but dont expect him to be totally off the hook yet. Accountancy/tax press (yes sad I know) full of such cases

So they can (theoretically at least) accept a 25% offer from the company, via the legal admin process, and then subsequently take the individual to court for more?  ?‍♂️

Interesting!

Did you know that, @BaldyMel?  ?  

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Quantuma, as any insolvency practitioner would be required to do,  did a review of things and reported that they found no "ethical issues", leave alone any legal ones. HMRC did very well out of the Rams for quite a few years.. they also got a windfall by Morris selling the stadium "to himself" as some in the media put it. Four million pounds in stamp duty thank you very much.