The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Click the little symbol in the bottom right, then click copy link to tweet.
Pop over to this site, and paste that link.

image.png.58493d6de3c41c682c1bfdda606ba6f7.png

Cheers I didn’t know how to do it?

Edited by Kuskus

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The only reason someone like Nixon has become so prominent amongst our fan base is that the communications from Quantum throughout this entire process has been absolutely dreadful.

Nixon is the the entity that filled the vacuum.

Sort of, sort of not.

There was always going to be a void of information filled with conspiracy theories and horse manure, regardless of what Quantuma said or did.

A lot of the criticism of them is based on said horse manure being repeated so many times over that it's become 'truth'; the reality of the situation and any number of mitigating circumstances ignored or forgotten a little bit more with each repetition.

The communication was fine up until people started thinking they had a right to know everything that was going on, even though they absolutely did not have that right, nor were people in possession of that information allowed to reveal it.

There was a constant demand for updates when there was nothing to update, followed by complaints that any updated told them nothing (well, duh).

In an ever-evolving situation where any answer can be out of date 10 minutes after it's left someone's mouth, there was a never-ending demand to know the current plans and timescales.

Any answer received immediately became an absolute deadline to hold people to, to use as ammo against them even though the info may have been 100% true at the time, even if the plans in place at that moment went on to be scuppered by external forces.

People were seeing the press leak things from 'sources' and then getting annoyed because the press were telling the fans things the administrators weren't, showing a complete lack of respect for or understanding of NDAs.

People's frustrations were causing them to believe every bad bit of agenda heavy PR put out against the administrators, who didn't really have much of a right of reply.  If they did attempt to defend themselves they were either ignored or slagged off for 'passing the buck' or even worse 'threatening' the fans (nonsense!)

It's all got a bit out of hand, with people egging each other on and/or winding each other up, sometimes trying to come up with the most inventive way of slag off their chosen 'enemy'  to gain a round of applause and laughing reactions, mostly trotting out banal and quite pathetic re-quotes about things moving quickly, imminently, etc. Low hanging fruit.

I don't really blame Quantuma for becoming more and more aloof as time has passed on, I can understand fully why their attitude toward fans may have turned to one of disdain, but this itself only leads to further ill-feeling

....it's quite the situation, and I'd suggest a pretty much unwinnable one from the administrators point of view.

45 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hmm this was funny the first few times it was posted, but when it’s dragged out every few weeks, it tends to lose its impact. Same as the “48 hours” posts. ?

Have you never watched the same old movie again and again, and always found certain lines just as funny as the first time you heard them?

If you took all of the repeated puns / gifs out of this thread, it'd barely have reached 1500 pages.

Carry on I say!