The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I don't think he wants to relinquish all  ties to the club.

What makes you think that, and what makes you think that that would be acceptable to the Clowes family? He wouldn't be taking any extra risk, but he would obviously be looking to recoup more of his money.

I hope the Clowes family aren't daft enough to entertain it.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Gossip alert 

there’s a bit of gossip. Potentially mischief making, but amusing nonetheless. 

Mike Ashley has submitted a bid equal to 37p in the pound on the basis that rival bidders have to match or better this, otherwise Quantuma are legally obliged to accept it. 

Playing games as he seems to have done throughout, using his media "friends" to stir things up.

25 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Depends what is in their contracts.  Unless legally confirmed - and I'm not a lawyer - I wouldn't be 100% that you can simply rip contracts up because a new owner takes over.  A new club - i.e. phoenix with name taken, yes I would imagine you could; but I'm not sure - unless written in - you can do this with a simple takeover.  So I recommend take that with pinch of salt.

Can you rip up a contract...legally no, Can you issue new contracts...yes, But, New contracts have to be negotiated, Those that don't want to accept new terms will be out of work and then let their Union take the company to court...Asda staff, P&O Ferries, British Gas, Telecom firms have done this in the past

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s a nightmare and who’d envy q having to handle him. The worst thing is, his bid (if it exists) probably assumes they take a cold bath on fees, leaving q subsidising the uplift to UCs . And q know he’ll drop his suit if he gets us. 

One thing you can say about Ashley is, you’d rather have him on your side 

Would rather have Laura Ashley, at least you'd know the kit would be good.

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Curtis and Fozzy for sure but maybe not CKR as he can’t run a great deal anymore and play a full game 

As we are short of bodies and leaders his presence will be welcome. We also need some sort of stability within in our sqaud so they can gel.

Although his days of playing every game for 90 minutes is gone, he is strong and physical and has experience to change game and provide something different.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

That was when Morris was trying to sell the club, not in an administration scenario. Why would Clowes want a "silent partner" who clearly doesn't want to invest any more money into the club? 

I think some folk might have the bogie man stuck in their heads. 

I think it is fair to say that the prospective new owner is very much his own man and won't want or have any need for a former owner there causing any potential distress or interference. 

22 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

He has to formally offer, and DC cannot be in exclusivity - or they cannot accept it.

The terms would also need to be like for like.

Formally offer is right, MA has done absolutely nothing to date but engage with media and move monies around his bank accounts like I would if I was putting a bit aside for a holiday (it's all relative in regards to sums). If DC has put a bid in, if the bid satisfies some basic creditor needs, then Q need to give him PB status and let him have the next run at it. 

MA wont bid for the club as it currently is, it needs to cost less. However I wouldn't be surprised to see DC be more like the LoG than Pickering, take over, stabilise, then sell the club onto a sound pair of hands, as the old adage is: the only way to make a small fortune in football is to start with a large fortune. MA may come back then, 50m, debt free club with a functioning squad, cat 1 (maybe dropped to 2) academy, stadium with 24k average crowds. Much better than 50m for what we have now.

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d guess DC insisted that he was not granted exclusivity ! 

I thought Qs statement when CK was finally kicked into touch said 'best and final' no mention of there being another PB or exclusivity from them. Because that was what Ashley wanted, to be given exclusivity.

Edited by RoyMac5

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d guess DC insisted that he was not granted exclusivity ! 

No, he'll insist on exclusivity on his terms.  i.e. he can consent to others of his agreement being involved in discussions.  I suspect someone like Appleby or Morgan would be welcomed on board with open arms.  Not so Ashley - too much hassle.

42 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Can you rip up a contract...legally no, Can you issue new contracts...yes, But, New contracts have to be negotiated, Those that don't want to accept new terms will be out of work and then let their Union take the company to court...Asda staff, P&O Ferries, British Gas, Telecom firms have done this in the past

Different.  Those people had contracts which dictated a notice period.  You give two weeks notice on either side and can leave or let go.  These are contracts of time.  So you have a five year deal.  Without mutual agreement, the notice period is irrelevant so you have to work five years.  Or pay the remaining contract value.

A worker on a ship earning £20k and a footballer on £2.5m are different kettles of fish.  The former probably won't sue, or if they do it'll be as part of a Union deal - which is difficult due to UK laws on class action.  A footballer on that money would sue everytime.

Edited by CBX1985

On a side note, IF we have an agreed EFL business plan in place relating to spending and suddenly a big earner is removed from that plan, I wonder if we will be allowed to replace like for like.

Similarly, If we have an agreed transfer budget plan & then, for example, we sold Jason Knight for £5m, would be be allowed to spend all that money on top of the plan ?

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

On a side note, IF we have an agreed EFL business plan in place relating to spending and suddenly a big earner is removed from that plan, I wonder if we will be allowed to replace like for like.

Similarly, If we have an agreed transfer budget plan & then, for example, we sold Jason Knight for £5m, would be be allowed to spend all that money on top of the plan ?

Common sense would suggest that's the case - so almost certainly no.....

Edited by Gaspode

31 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I'd imagine the plan may include caveats that x% can be reinvested into playing squads ... but I may have played football manager too much, so dont take that as guaranteed.

Now to become Man City Manager, offer 150m for our 4th choice keeper and then sell Stirling to Derby with selling team paying 100% of wages. #couldhappen

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought Qs statement when CK was finally kicked into touch said 'best and final' no mention of there being another PB or exclusivity from them. Because that was what Ashley wanted, to be given exclusivity.

Yes exactly right. And for my money giving PB status to CK was a mistake that cost us weeks and weeks:  q  should have kept the competition alive. 

that’s what they are now doing - the field is open for anyone to step in and outbid DC. That’s because DC has not insisted on exclusivity - partly because he doesn’t need it (he owns the stadium) but maybe also because he’d be happy for someone to outbid him