The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

MA hasn’t bid. Admins won’t talk to him still. Have this on decent authority. But he’s the only one to actually show he has the cash ready.

Does anyone think Mike A is like the EFL and just loves kicking Mel Morris?

My only concern is that he let it go this far, as a Derby fan, which worries me regarding his liquidity. No doubt he is successful and has sufficient assets, but if he was very cash rich then this would've been done a lot sooner.

At this point, though, someone with their heart in the right place and to manage us back to a point of health is very welcome. 

It seems like an opportunity for Appleby and Clowes to work together on the football side which would be beneficial.  

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Surely he’s not wealthy enough. I know it’s been said already. They have purchased the stadium though. Struggle to see them owning the club 

Read his firm just paid £110mill for a technology park in Birmingham. I know his wealth is separate to his firms, but he’s involved with serious money nevertheless. 

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

David Clowes is a big Rams  fan.  Seen him at loads of games home and away. 

Also had an estimated wealth of 252 million in 2018. Adding 50 million quid on from the previous year. 

Property developers like Kirkland seemed to have made money through the pandemic too. I'd like to think he's amassed North of 300 million by now. Obviously not all spare cash. 

I'd say he has the money to finance a League One promotion and then a lower to mid table Championship club. Which will do. 

Whilst this is obviously looking like more positive news than anything, there are some questions. There was an article in 2018 in the Leicester Mercury that I've found online which listed the richest businessmen in the East Midlands. Clowes is 19th with £252mil (for reference, MM was 11th at £500mil at this time). So he's clearly been a very wealthy man for a long time. He's apparently a lifelong Derby fan. We've been in administration for 9 months. Why has it taken this long for him reach this stage? Is it because Kirchner's false promises eclipsed any other realistic interest? Or is literally everybody involved determined to squeeze every last possible drop out of this deal? 

I sincerely hope the interest is genuine and successful, and by the sounds of it, we'll know either way in a very short period of time. If we can complete a takeover before the end of June when the contracts expire, then that'll be excellent news and still give us the possibility of giving this season a shot.

Consistent stories from Dorsett, Percy and Nixon who have all ran varying lines throughout this process would suggest there’s a lot of substance to this. There’s been this talk of local businessmen not letting the club fold, could he have gathered some funds from his wealthy pals and said “I’ll front the bid if you all chip a bit in on top”? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Heisenberg beat me to it with the Percy tweet

Clowes family are very wealthy and you be surprised how much Derbyshire property they own, I’m surprised they are getting involved as they have rebuffed approaches before.

I don’t think these would do a MM , built up wealth over the years and not going to waste it, would like to think someone else would be involved who has been in football and run things in a careful sustainable way, not a MM way.