The Administration Thread

Boycie

56 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Christ if Ashley bought Derby and the stadium out right and steadied the ship, ran us sensibly and got us promotion! 5 years have us in the prem mid table, hed never have to buy himself a drink in Derby as long as he lives!

If you think that, I'm afraid that you're deluded. Football fans in general are never satisfied, they always want to go to 'the next level'.

How many times do you read about or hear about Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Especially Man U fans slagging off their owners and/or managers?

I remember both Charlton and Bolton being comfortably midtable in the Premier, but the fans called for the heads of Curbishley and Big Sam, because they wanted to go to the next level.

Snippet of skysports news running the story. Mentions Appleby and Morgan still in negotiations and that they’ve been told Ashley’s bid is the lowest. Not sure if that refers to previous info around bids as current news is both Appleby and Ashley have £50m ready to go, maybe Appleby has an extra fiver on top ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

21 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I was informed by a Derby journalist that Morris paid £82m, along with hefty debts and a £16m mortgage on the stadium, and injected several million to purchase all the loan deals set up before transfer of the club outright to him.

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus – son of French billionaire Robert Louis-Dreyfus only holds a 41 per cent stake, not all the shares, and he paid £25m for that. Stewart Donald retained a 34 per cent share while Juan Sartori has 20 per cent and Charlie Methven owns the remaining five per cent. At the moment there are talks of a £42m takeover and it appears £36m debts were written off the previous season. They are nearly as deep in do do as we are.

The money he injected into the club before he outright owned it wasn't charity, he took on funding the club going forward in return for the appropriate equity. 

His first batch of funding, £15m quid, went on meeting the running costs at the time, for which he received 20% of the club. He also spent an unspecified amount upgrading the training facilities from his own pocket, as a gift. 

He then bought forward, at the owners request, his next £15m batch of funding, which enabled new contracts to players post Wembley, and the permanent signing of George Thorne and the others that followed, again in return for 20% of the club.

To that point, he'd spent £30m for 40%, but the money was invested into the team, rather than lining the current owners pockets.

I've no idea what happened from that point forward, after he took full control, but it seems fair to assume he spent another £45m to gain sole control, whether that money went to GSE or was invested back into the club, and GSE walked away with nothing I can't say.

23 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If you think that, I'm afraid that you're deluded. Football fans in general are never satisfied, they always want to go to 'the next level'.

How many times do you read about or hear about Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Especially Man U fans slagging off their owners and/or managers?

I remember both Charlton and Bolton being comfortably midtable in the Premier, but the fans called for the heads of Curbishley and Big Sam, because they wanted to go to the next level.

Stoke the same…

41 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Used the word ‘Bidders’ in a tweet response… who knows ?‍♂️

1838C49B-5CF4-4217-900D-92042F83A278.jpeg

How long will it take for the EFL to look at multiple low bids? It seemed to take ages to approve CK. And who is going to turn up for cross country runs on Monday morning?