The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Surely, if it IS MA, and he only pays the least amount possible (which would mean a 15 point deduction), he must realise that he would alienate a large part of the fanbase. So much so that attendance could drop by more than a third.

He would be the hated owner from day one! I would imagine the manager, coaches, and players would feel some resentment towards him also.

But, if his bid was enough to start next season on 0 points, He would be hailed as a hero.

When has he cared about being a hero. I worked directly for him when he bought Newcastle. He was convinced the Geordies were gonna build a statue to him. As soon as he started getting criticism he took it personally and became detached. It was then just business to him. I imagine we are just business to him. He will cut cloth accordingly and I'm sure be quite happy with a nice Championship level billboard. I don't believe he will spend to get us to the PL, I think if we made it, it would be a big bonus to him but I don't think the PL is main aim for him. 

9 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

Could do without any more of Nixon’s guesswork being posted on here. It doesn’t help anyone, just his pushing his ego. 

Yes, I'd much rather just read the stories that people with no connections to anyone make up off then top of their heads and then convince themselves must be true propagate on social media. They may be at best conjecture and at worst complete and utter turd, even libelous, but what does that matter?

It's much better for people who haven't got the first clue what they're talking about to whip themselves and others up into a frenzy based on their emotional reading of a situation than to believe anything Alan Nixon says.

5 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Surely, if it IS MA, and he only pays the least amount possible (which would mean a 15 point deduction), he must realise that he would alienate a large part of the fanbase. So much so that attendance could drop by more than a third.

He would be the hated owner from day one! I would imagine the manager, coaches, and players would feel some resentment towards him also.

But, if his bid was enough to start next season on 0 points, He would be hailed as a hero.

IF MA does buy the club, I hope he gets it lock stock and barrel for a start off. There is a big mess to clean up.

He will try and buy it for the lowest price he can - who wouldn't?

I am prepared to give him a chance.

It could be kind of cosy - no one likes us - we don't care.

It makes me feel all sort of Christmasy, imaging a pouring Wednesday night in November and we are all singing that to him while the Opposition's No. 11 goes off on a stretcher after our new 6' 9" Scottish signing ploughed him into a hoarding.

Happy Good Vibes GIF by Dyanapyehchek

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ashley is right to be offering that kind of price though as the administrators have sailed us into a situation where we have five players under contract and no stadium so buying a club badge and five player contracts does not go anywhere near getting any value back on his potential investment. CK was offering a hell of a lot without paying out a hell of a lot. Ashley wants the stadium or a purchase where he will be guaranteed the stadium at a knock down price in a relatively short period of time. Yet the administrators are basically saying they will sell without any IFFs BUTS or MAYBEs - good luck with that as bidders will be horrified at what they are not getting for a lot of money.

But there literally is no deal available at that kind of price.  If you don't pay enough to clear the stadium (by whatever means) and enough to meet the minimum requirements of the EFL insolvency policy, then you either have a club with no stadium to play in, or a club with no league to play in.  If Ashley is still only prepared to offer £28m or similar, and wants to own the stadium for that, he's just another non-serious time-waster IMO.

Any bidder offering that kind of money has to accept that they won't own the stadium (and be able to negotiate a deal with whoever Kirchner's stadium partner was), or somehow be able to strong arm Morris into clearing some/all of the MSD loan (and history suggests that this is very unlikely to happen, at least on any kind of realistic timescale).

3 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

When has he cared about being a hero. I worked directly for him when he bought Newcastle. He was convinced the Geordies were gonna build a statue to him. As soon as he started getting criticism he took it personally and became detached. It was then just business to him. I imagine we are just business to him. He will cut cloth accordingly and I'm sure be quite happy with a nice Championship level billboard. I don't believe he will spend to get us to the PL, I think if we made it, it would be a big bonus to him but I don't think the PL is main aim for him. 

Then he will not see a return on his investment. The only way to make money out of football is to be more successfull when you sell than you were  when you bought. MM said, if DCFC has been promoted the first time, He could have sold for £120m and made some money. That has to be the aim of anyone buying Derby as an investment.

we have to face it... we need a rich idiot willing to pay over the odds for us to survive as the club we currently are. There's no realism of value that works. It's either someone pays more than we are worth, and we rebuild, or they don't and we are booted out of the Football League. The EFL cannot bypass rules just to keep a decent-sized club in the league. The HMRC won't accept peanuts. The footballing debts MUST be paid in full. DELL want 100% of what they're owed, which is increasing with every loan that Q take from them.

It needs a sugar daddy to survive. End of..........

CK could've been that Sugar Daddy, but the way fans treated him was disgusting over the last few weeks. We will never know if he would have been successful and if he was a genuine tyre-kicker or was scared off.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To be fair Roy, it’s difficult for him to avoid reading them when you post every single tweet in this thread ?

Yes. And that is because yesterday when many were desperate for news, any news, the only source of anything was Nixon. Not Q not the EFL not DET...

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

What are you disagreeing with? We wont be able to afford the maintenance on the stadium if we're starting too far down the pyramid and we definitely won't be able to afford to buy it without a mysterious benefactor. Neither of those points is debatable. You could argue that you think the timescales wont be quite so long as a decade, but you are relying on back to back promotions to get us straight back up.

I said the stadium wouldnt be demolished as well - that was my entire argument - its too expensive to redevelop the land!!!! You wont make millions out of putting shops, etc in it though - not a chance. The only way you will make any significant money from it is gigs, etc and thats only if you're competitive enough to pull those events away from the bigger cities like Nottingham.

As per last accounts there was about £3 m in hospitality income . Property auctions , corporate jollies , weddings you name it. There are shops there already.. the smallest one greggs brings rent of £50k pa. There are cafes too. Not difficult to get millions in income from such a property . 

I do not think we will be expelled from the league but even if we are it will not take ten years to get back again, that’s what I disagree with. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we have to face it... we need a rich idiot willing to pay over the odds for us to survive as the club we currently are. There's no realism of value that works. It's either someone pays more than we are worth, and we rebuild, or they don't and we are booted out of the Football League. The EFL cannot bypass rules just to keep a decent-sized club in the league. The HMRC won't accept peanuts. The footballing debts MUST be paid in full. DELL want 100% of what they're owed, which is increasing with every loan that Q take from them.

To be honest, this has been our reality for most of this calendar year. You'd have to be nuts or mega rich to buy Derby County, preferably both. We've been superb at attracting the former.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

CK could've been that Sugar Daddy, but the way fans treated him was disgusting over the last few weeks. We will never know if he would have been successful and if he was a genuine tyre-kicker or was scared off.

Oh come on. I'll believe Nixon, but not that!

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. And that is because yesterday when many were desperate for news, any news, the only source of anything was Nixon. Not Q not the EFL not DET...

I’m with you Roy , I don’t spend time on twitter so happy for you to keep copying tweets on here. 

nixon is annoying but what did he actually say that was wrong? CK has money , he sent it but it didn’t arrive. So move on. 

If anyone thinks Mike Ashley is the bloke to buy us in the next 2 weeks, that ain't happening. Whilst he holds the position of not wanting to pay the administrators a penny, and low-balling creditors, he will be bottom of the pile. 

The only way Mike Ashley gets us is if the club goes right down to a liquidation deadline and the administrators agree to only taking a percentage of their 'earnings' as part of the rescue deal to stop the club liquidating. 

We need someone other than Mike Ashley if we are to start on anything other than - 15 points and have a chance of putting a competitive squad together and keeping Rooney for the coming season. 

Mike Ashley is always waiting for that deadline. He does this multiple times a year. He must be thinking Kirchner has pushed the deadline so close that he now stands a chance. I have nothing against his approach. He's a fine contingency plan to have, but we need someone else. 

In my opinion, of course.