The Administration Thread

Boycie

There seems to be a lot of speculation that a bid by Ashley would definitely mean a 15 deduction next season (and then there’s all this tosh about investment in infrastructure etc which seems a bit precious considering the predicament we’re in) but doesn’t anybody know for a fact that is the case because there’s also a lot of speculation that he has never made a bid.  

I admit I may have missed the one post in 20 on here that isn’t a pun or other digression, but does anybody have definitive proof that MA will leave us ‘worse off’ than Kirchner? 

Devils advocate - but keep seeing people saying they don’t want MA cause he could of come in at any point to save us. If it’s true that Q refuse to communicate with him, and he’s been saying this for months, maybe it’s not entirely his fault he’s not been able to make a move before now? If 28M is ready and waiting, and whomever is doing this stadium deal then agrees to lease to MA, surely 28M will ensure we don’t start on -15? Feel free to shout me down / discredit my point / make a pun.

Also I keep seeing ‘he’s waiting till the last min to get the cheapest deal’ while others are at the table he’s not going to get the cheapest deal, he’s in fact going to have to beat them if he really wants us and this PR attack of the last two days screams to me of a man who maybe wanted to get the cheapest deal but did not expect CK to get this far. He is now panicking because he does actually want the club. That’s how I read the situation anyway - he’s now trying to get a deal done before CKs money clears. 

Either that, or you know any other possible explanation ??

Edited by Ramos

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

There seems to be a lot of speculation that a bid by Ashley would definitely mean a 15 deduction next season (and then there’s all this tosh about investment in infrastructure etc which seems a bit precious considering the predicament we’re in) but doesn’t anybody know for a fact that is the case because there’s also a lot of speculation that he has never made a bid.  

I admit I may have missed the one post in 20 on here that isn’t a pun or other digression, but does anybody have definitive proof that MA will leave us ‘worse off’ than Kirchner? 

Exactly. Why would he invest his money in a football club destined for League 2 on the back of a 15 point deduction. He might as well buy Torquay Utd and miss out the relegation stress.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which bit? Kirchner's bid results in the most money going to creditors, otherwise he wouldn't have been PB. We know Kirchner's bid won't result in a points deduction next season, whereas Ashely's will. Faced with a 15 point deduction, we'll find it harder to keep players and harder to recruit. If Kirchner isn't the new owner, it's highly likely Rooney will walk, meaning player retention and recruitment is even harder.

Surely if MA makes an offer/could make an offer it has to better CKs, Which will be better for the creditors and No -15 points...is this right?‍♀️, Only downside to this is whether Rooney and co leave along with players...this will not be Qs concern I'd have thought

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which bit? Kirchner's bid results in the most money going to creditors, otherwise he wouldn't have been PB. We know Kirchner's bid won't result in a points deduction next season, whereas Ashely's will. Faced with a 15 point deduction, we'll find it harder to keep players and harder to recruit. If Kirchner isn't the new owner, it's highly likely Rooney will walk, meaning player retention and recruitment is even harder.

I think what he meant was will the money arrive within days ? no one can know this I'm guessing at this juncture...all the rest I agree with but If this doesn't get resolved quick we are in big trouble and won't even have a team for the opening game 

Ashley the saviour could have bought us in December and given Wayne Rooney and the team a chance at avoiding relegation! So could CK to be fair, but at least CK came back with acceptable bid(s).

My belief, maybe wrongly, is that Ashley's bid is so derisory, it wasn't worthy of a response or discussion.

You know, like when you put something on eBay expecting to sell for hundreds, and someone within 10mins offers you £10 via a private message, but you have to deliver it!

11 minutes ago, LazloW said:

No!

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Surely if MA makes an offer/could make an offer it has to better CKs, Which will be better for the creditors and No -15 points...is this right?‍♀️, Only downside to this is whether Rooney and co leave along with players...this will not be Qs concern I'd have thought

CK is willing to lease the stadium on top of his money for creditors. I suspect MA will want to own the stadium by squeezing the creditors and the Admins.

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Devils advocate - but keep seeing people saying they don’t want MA cause he could of come in at any point to save us. If it’s true that Q refuse to communicate with him, and he’s been saying this for months, maybe it’s not entirely his fault he’s not been able to make a move before now? If 28M is ready and waiting, and whomever is doing this stadium deal then agrees to lease to MA, surely 28M will ensure we don’t start on -15? Feel free to shout me down / discredit my point / make a pun.

Also I keep seeing ‘he’s waiting till the last min to get the cheapest deal’ while others are at the table he’s not going to get the cheapest deal, he’s in fact going to have to beat them if he really wants us and this PR attack of the last two days screams to me of a man who maybe wanted to get the cheapest deal but did not expect CK to get this far. He is now panicking because he does actually want the club. That’s how I read the situation anyway - he’s now trying to get a deal done before CKs money clears. 

Either that, or you know any other possible explanation ??

Because the £28m includes purchase of the ground, leaving very little for the creditors.

Edited by IslandExile

Kirchner may end up being proven as a tyre kicker but if you take him at his word, there's something quite cute in his demeaner which means i feel a bit sorry for him how this is turning out. 

He appears to be dead set in owning a football club and he seems to be smitten on the idea of us but yet despite his best efforts he can't quite get things over the line. Now we have ED accusing him of not having the cash, Dorsett and Sky banging Ashley's drum loudly and all this has me thinking whether CK is being poo housed by Ashley. 

It seems awful strange that Ashley is coming round the final corner at a speed of light whilst Kirchner through no fault of his own is crawling towards the finishing line. 

As @Ramosmentioned in his post, it seems like Ashley is dead set on having us and assumed CK wouldn't get passed the first hurdle. Now its close to being sorted he's pooed his pants and is trying every trick in the book to sabotage the deal. 

If my speculation is correct (its probably not) I can't help but feel sorry for a guy who's genuinely tried to save us asap only to fail because another man with better contacts and better funds has decided to stop playing us. Ultimately whoever comes out on top needs to be the best long term deal for the club. But morally I think how Ashley has played this deal is very slimy and ungentlemanly and has done nothing for our short term future and the fans blood pressure. 

Just now, Eatonram said:

CK is willing to lease the stadium on top of his money for creditors. I suspect MA will want to own the stadium by squeezing the creditors and the Admins.

Q are there for the creditors, It's their job to get the best deal for them, If MA wants the Stadium also then he's going to have to dig deeper in the pockets of his.

Q will not accept a bid that's worse for the creditors than what CKs offer is.

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not on an immediate, financial and football, basis, no. However, CK has come out and said he will maintain the academy status which is really important IMO. Ashley has a history of spending zero on facilities at St James' Park and have you ever been to Sport Direct Porthmadog? It's one of the most soulless 'pile them high, sell them cheap' experiences you'll ever have. I hope and believe that CK will embrace more a US approach to stadium facilities which would be great.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

If my speculation is correct (its probably not) I can't help but feel sorry for a guy who's genuinely tried to save us asap only to fail because another man with better contacts and better funds has decided to stop playing us. Ultimately whoever comes out on top needs to be the best long term deal for the club. But morally I think how Ashley has played this deal is very slimy and ungentlemanly and has done nothing for our short term future and the fans blood pressure. 

Yet he's already pulled out on buying us once? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we can guess who he checks with.

Quantuma obviously just wanted to sit quietly until cK dollar landed. They're probably still going to try to do that.

Without ed Dawes yesterday, they probably still would be.

We found out CKs money is apparently held in money laundering checks and Ashley is "wanting to do a deal"

Also, if Q still consider cK to have exclusivity, why would they respond to Ashley? If they did I'm sure cK would tell them it's a breach of the agreement.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet he's already pulled out on buying us once? 

Wasn't that all to do with Mel Morris wanting a ridiculous amount for the stadium? I think we can all agree that Mel is the biggest snake of them all in the vipers pit, so can't blame CK on that one. 

If he backed out for another reason then i stand corrected.