The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, David said:

Pretty much.

I think it’s sad that they need to come down heavy on clubs now and show they are serious about keeping fans off the pitch.

The mindless thugs like the one at the City Ground the other night ruin that release of emotion that 99% can do without endangering the safety of the players and staff.

When clubs are struggling to keep pyrotechnics out the grounds, it is only a matter of time until a weapon finds it’s way in and used on a player if things don’t change.

The PL and EFL can’t let that happen, and if this headbutt doesn’t provoke some serious punishments, be it points deductions or forfeiting of games, I would be surprised. It has to be high up on the agenda over the summer.

M’lord I give you Monica Seles …. 

Edited by Gisby

3 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We're back to you seemingly living in an idyllic space where everything you think should have been done was eminently and easily doable, and anyone who didn't do exactly what you think they should have done was clearly incompetent.

Maybe they were under-resourced, maybe not, it's just your opinion.

What would a properly resourced admin team look like? How much more would it cost?  Where were these better resourced teams willing to take the case on? What if they'd stuck another couple of administrators on the team and the outcome had ultimately been the same, with MM refusing to come out of hiding until the EFL had come down on one side of the fence?

Certain things aren't said in hindsight, I agree, but there's certainly an element of confirmation bias. You have no idea whether had they followed your suggestion the result would have followed as you envisage.

However, you pretend that this is the case and then use your now confirmed bias to make an (admittedly witty and well written) comment about their capability and performance in dealing with the situation being 'embarrassing' at best.

I find that sort of over-stated, overly dramatic claptrap more embarrassing than anything Quantuma may or may not have done tbh. The pretense that you know their job better and would have done it better than them? That, I find hilarious.

You seem to take great delight in pissing into the tent from the outside, I don't understand that attitude, never will.

If the current deal does go through I imagine their reputation will be just fine tbh, professionally.

Just not amongst many Derby fans.

Arguably we’d have been better off paying twice as much in fees, for them to get us sold by Xmas. CK’s deal was there and there’s no reason others could not have got there had the timetable been driven as it should. (Appleby was ‘ready to go’ not many weeks later. ) We would have saved a lot of interest cost and kept a lot of talent 

But I think duncan (and you) may have a point : there aren’t many firms who are equipped for and interested in this sort of work. And covid has kept the restructuring community gainfully employed

But your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ is bonkers. There was no adverse comment about Q before the FC debacle from me or anyone else (my own impression then was that they’d done pretty well and I was hopeful we’d be able to use the window). It then became clear at the famous Thursday come-to-Jesus meeting with the EFL that they had made a major misstep. And in a mad panic they compounded their error by lashing out at the EFL and unleashing a torrent of venom from our fans which sent Rick Parry’s computer (as well as his equanimity) into a Chernobyl-scale meltdown. They incited our fans to attack the EFL to deflect blame. There, I said it. It could have been taken from the Mel Morris handbook of diplomacy (“How to make friends in the NE and influence your regulator”)

(Your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ in my subsequent evisceration of Q’s handling of the M&A process makes more sense  - I was agin‘ em at that stage. But by then Jags had gone to Stoke, and my humors were gently bubbling in the radioactive fallout )

2 hours ago, David said:

When clubs are struggling to keep pyrotechnics out the grounds, it is only a matter of time until a weapon finds it’s way in and used on a player if things don’t change.

Exactly, I made the same point on the Forest thread. I has a horrible inevitability about it to me. Just needs one... ☹️

25 minutes ago, Gisby said:

M’lord I give you Monica Seles …. 

Yeah, Bingo. Had exactly the same thought and same example (Seles) sprung to mind. There had been one or two incidents around that time with idiots running on court it was thought to be harmless but one person with the right (wrong) mindset just changes all that. It just feels like it is going to happen sooner or later. ?

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander how far we are getting pp of bloodly mel.

I don’t understand what is being discussed. People are saying Kirchner was offering £60m before Christmas and now they are saying he hasn’t got the money to buy the ground. I suspect no one knows and everyone is guessing. I reckon he will hold out for the asking price.

Re Ground.

If who ever can buy it for £25Mish and then if we get promoted (at some point in next 5y… reasonable probability) and could then be worth more £M (say 20% only so +£5M) and some chance of getting to EPL in next 10y in which case £M beaucoup.. then it seems to me a reasonably acceptable investment risk for many wealthy folk..

15 hours ago, Mihangel said:

I'm not sure there is a club that has gone up in the last 10 years doing it the 'right' way? The only clubs that get found out for doing it the 'wrong' way though are those that don't make it! Football is nuts....

I don't know, Brentford seemed to. Norwich live within their means. Huddersfield's last promotion (and this playoff final at least) seems sustainable. Brighton seem well run and now successful. Even Leeds promotion seemed fairly honest.

Someone will probably come back and point out all the evil the above teams have done, but I'm not currently aware of it!

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I don’t understand what is being discussed. People are saying Kirchner was offering £60m before Christmas and now they are saying he hasn’t got the money to buy the ground. I suspect no one knows and everyone is guessing. I reckon he will hold out for the asking price.

I think kircher got the money as he got fingers in other things that can put into derby also. Perhaps he want purchase the ground of someone else.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't know, Brentford seemed to. Norwich live within their means. Huddersfield's last promotion (and this playoff final at least) seems sustainable. Brighton seem well run and now successful. Even Leeds promotion seemed fairly honest.

Someone will probably come back and point out all the evil the above teams have done, but I'm not currently aware of it!

Burnley 

Forest

Boro

Wycombe.

39 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I believe Leeds were seriously heading up poo creek without promotion and I imagine that turd will be getting a good EFL prodding when it gets flushed down. 

Well it might be the glue on the desk next to me having an effect but perhaps it is nothing more sinister than cashflow. CK knows that he needs to help rebuild the squad and the academy after it has been shredded by the last couple of years and if he throws 23million at the ground too then it will impact on what is an urgent rebuild without selling off some hard won assets. Someone says OK, well if the stadium is a problem then we'll buy it and you can rent it for the following very reasonable rate on the grounds that we didn't really pay that much for it in the grand scheme of things.

Someone will say "See he's got no money" but 1) That's no necessarily true and 2) Surely doing this more cautiously is what we want. Lets pay competitive wages and reasonable fees but surely nobody wants to see big borrowing if it isn't a cash gift of to be written off as other clubs are doing.

Might be total nonsense of course but lets be honest, we are all speculating anyway !

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Arguably we’d have been better off paying twice as much in fees, for them to get us sold by Xmas. CK’s deal was there and there’s no reason others could not have got there had the timetable been driven as it should. (Appleby was ‘ready to go’ not many weeks later. ) We would have saved a lot of interest cost and kept a lot of talent 

But I think duncan (and you) may have a point : there aren’t many firms who are equipped for and interested in this sort of work. And covid has kept the restructuring community gainfully employed

But your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ is bonkers. There was no adverse comment about Q before the FC debacle from me or anyone else (my own impression then was that they’d done pretty well and I was hopeful we’d be able to use the window). It then became clear at the famous Thursday come-to-Jesus meeting with the EFL that they had made a major misstep. And in a mad panic they compounded their error by lashing out at the EFL and unleashing a torrent of venom from our fans which sent Rick Parry’s computer (as well as his equanimity) into a Chernobyl-scale meltdown. They incited our fans to attack the EFL to deflect blame. There, I said it. It could have been taken from the Mel Morris handbook of diplomacy (“How to make friends in the NE and influence your regulator”)

(Your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ in my subsequent evisceration of Q’s handling of the M&A process makes more sense  - I was agin‘ em at that stage. But by then Jags had gone to Stoke, and my humors were gently bubbling in the radioactive fallout )

Nixon claimed way back they were the only ones who would take the gig and that's a quote

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the stadium sale was sorted I would have imagined we hear something before Monday.

The statement from Chris seemed to suggest the stadium wouldn't be an issue and will be resolved "over the coming days", whatever that means.

Who said it was sorted? Considering they said it was expected on or before the 31st, I don't expect anything until next Friday at the very earliest.