The Administration Thread

Boycie

I got up this Morning and switched on, Page 1549 so many upset posters, Read to the bottom of the page and I knew something had happened, There's a shyte load of pages still to read, Then there's the magic post from CK confirming the sale of DCFC a big smile on my mush and a little knot in my stomach, It's pretty much  done and dusted...so today will go down as the day we were saved and also the day I got my 1st Pension payment from the Government.

The Sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray the Sun has got his hat on and is coming out to play.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Creating leverage without increasing liability is exactly what good business men do - and that’s what CK has done here. 

All signs point to this being completed, of course, but I’ll be interested to see what next week looks like when he takes over funding. If there is no movement, at all, then this is effectively an extension to the extension and the ‘conditions’ will keep his nose clean from any potential backlash, unfortunately another pretty significant kick of the can down the road. 

I’m not sure there’s been any breakthrough with Mel Morris selling the ground. I have a feeling we would’ve heard about it from one of the many news sources we typically hear from, especially with something so big and with so many leaks. 

I don’t want to temper expectations, but reading between the lines and there’s still plenty that could go wrong. 

Well I’ve lost all respect for MM now anyway.  

Hope he can do the right thing and gain some semblance of respect with Derby fans again 

Surely people are seeing this the wrong way round?

It's not about us feeling reassured, it's about Chris Kirchner feeling reassured enough that the ground purchase will happen, that has persuaded him to sign up.

He is the one taking all the risks.

We all said that you can't buy a stadium in a few days - heck it's taking months to get a simple house purchase through at the moment - but he must know the money and motivation is there to get the deal completed.

Still lots of ifs and buts, but it has to be a positive step.

I would have thought that the stadium and club sales will need to be completed simultaneously to ensure neither is left without the other which explains the additional time needed.

CK funding the club is a big commitment, as long as the cheques clear.

Yes, it sounds like the same potential obstacles still exist but I think we have to be positive and assume the size of them are reducing, to the point there is now enough confidence on all sides of a resolution.

I dont see the EFL being an issue now, so it is just getting our friendly local businessman over the line on the stadium.

Big question to answer is, can CK and Rooney start offering contracts now?

Feeling cautiously positive.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, but he's physically funding the club. That is the big difference. 

He will be if sufficient prigress gas been made by the end of the week.  Trust me if he thinks the sale may stall, he will delay writing and signing any cheques until he os satisfied.

I'm delighted with the news, but the lack of confirmation of progress on the sale of the stadium is concerning and this could all be a stunt to back Morris into a corner.

??????

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sod the car… I’m gonna skip to work today!

image.gif.8143b4f3911aae9fc39c12fd83b25dc9.gif

43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Damn!  This ain't going to plan!

Anyone know the off-road route?  I am gonna be in sooo much trouble!...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bgwfymhz7pqabmjrfud1

Ah!  Duck this!  Half eight already!  ?

tumblr_m8qg2gDoLZ1qemc4ro1_500.gif

@Andréwisdom,
Give us a call mate, will yer!  Pronto!

sent from my mobile, etc... 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Surely people are seeing this the wrong way round?

It's not about us feeling reassured, it's about Chris Kirchner feeling reassured enough that the ground purchase will happen, that has persuaded him to sign up.

He is the one taking all the risks.

We all said that you can't buy a stadium in a few days - heck it's taking months to get a simple house purchase through at the moment - but he must know the money and motivation is there to get the deal completed.

Yep, still lots to do, but I never thought it would get this far.

54 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I am wanting the fans to give the same support as last season, it was a joy to go to the matches. Don't want the moaners back.

Kath, the moaners never went away. They were just so frightened that it could be that never again would they have the opportunity to moan about Derby County, that they became muted in their terror. It was a kind of silent death wail. This morning is the first day on their road to a full recovery and they will be at their miserable best come August.

But in the meantime the rest of us have had plenty of practice in making ourselves heard so we'll just have to shout them down and when they come forth with their twisted bile we'll remind them of how lucky we all are to still be watching our beloved club.

COYR