The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If I win £184mil on the Euromillions on Tuesday then I hereby promise to buy the ground off Mel and have this whole saga done with ?

Me and the wife have already agreed to do this if our ticket comes up and she’s not really a derby / football fan

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Who says he's business aware? Isn't he just a venture capitalist? A gambler who got lucky with game app for phones.

This. He stumbled really onto the Candy Crush phenomenon and made lots of wonga on the back of it.

You can hardly describe him as a visionary just in the right place at the right time. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Who says he's business aware? Isn't he just a venture capitalist? A gambler who got lucky with game app for phones.

He had multiple other businesses before then. 

He made DCFC a train wreck but as far as I know that is his  only business failure he was succesful everyhere else. He wasnt running Derby on busines slines and that was the problem.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He had made a few bob before that. I doubt he’s skint. Even my missus couldn’t get through that amount of money. I suppose it’s what the wealth is tied up in? 
How many properties does he have? He could have half a dozen in London or anywhere for that matter. I suppose only he will know.

43 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

No. PPS would be repossessed by MSD, but it wouldn't cost Mel any more than he's already lost. 

If he sold PPS for £10m, it'd cost him another £12m to pay off MSD - assuming he owes £22m and he has not put up any personal assets as extra security. 

I thought he’d got charges against his personal property as well though.

55 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Afraid not, I'm at the very high reaches of the South West, there's no way I could get down there in time ?

I get it. You wanted us to all invade the pitch (and risk arrest) but you weren’t even at the game ?

Reminds me of the General Melchett quote from Blackadder Goes Forth:

Melchett: “Don’t worry my boy, if you should falter, remember that Captain Darling and I are behind you”

Blackadder response: “About thirty five miles behind you”

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So they didn't realise that the HMRC debt was running up and they didn't know that HMRC were unable to pursue the debt? Ok.

I think that they knew both...is that better?

I'm assuming you have inside knowledge to the contrary?

Look, I’m sitting in my garden enjoying a gin and dubonnet, in the sun and I can’t continue with this tedious back and forth. It’s boring so feel free to go ahead with the Thoughts of G Star Ram and pass them off as factual. You have my blessing

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Could they join Kirchner to save the club? They must had something!

I believe that their bid was based mainly on external funding which I dont think they ever secured.

The current structure means there are insufficient assets to secure that level of borrowing.

FWIW, I’ve heard this afternoon that this is personal between Mel and Kirchner. So it might not be the money, but rather that Mel doesn’t want Kirchner to takeover. I fail to see what another third party making a bid will do. What if Mel won’t deal if it allows Kirchner to take over? And Kirchner now can’t move us elsewhere because Mel will call in his debts and liquidate us. 

Not sure where Kirchner goes from here. Im afraid this deal could well be dead. Unless Mel finally shows a shred of conscience and does the right thing to help save the club. But I’m not holding my breath. He holds all the cards, and this all once again comes down to his ego.

Edited by Millenniumram

Just now, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, I’ve heard this afternoon that this is personal between Mel and Kirchner. Not necessarily the money, but that Mel doesn’t want Kirchner to takeover. I fail to see what another third party making a bid will do. Mel won’t deal if it allows Kirchner to take over. And Kirchner now can’t move us elsewhere because Mel will call in his debts and liquidate us. 

Fail to see where Kirchner goes from here. Im afraid this deal could well be dead. Unless Mel finally shows a shred of conscience and does the right thing to help save the club. But I’m not holding my breath. He holds all the cards, and this all once again comes down to his ego.

With all due respect, I somehow doubt you have inside sources on this deal. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW, I’ve heard this afternoon that this is personal between Mel and Kirchner. Not necessarily the money, but that Mel doesn’t want Kirchner to takeover. I fail to see what another third party making a bid will do. Mel won’t deal if it allows Kirchner to take over. And Kirchner now can’t move us elsewhere because Mel will call in his debts and liquidate us. 

Fail to see where Kirchner goes from here. Im afraid this deal could well be dead. Unless Mel finally shows a shred of conscience and does the right thing to help save the club. But I’m not holding my breath. He holds all the cards, and this all once again comes down to his ego.

If it is true that MM is refusing to look at the bigger picture, for the benefit of the club he supposedly loves, because he doesn't like CK then the guy is lower than the first protazoic embryo that crawled out the primordial soup. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

This. He stumbled really onto the Candy Crush phenomenon and made lots of wonga on the back of it.

You can hardly describe him as a visionary just in the right place at the right time. 

I’m fairly certain he had multiple companies before Candy Crush worth tens of millions. I seem to remember one of them being a security tech business.

I don’t think he made £500m on Candy Crush by investing a small sum in to a random idea, it was very much calculated and probably more than most would make in their life time. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

With all due respect, I somehow doubt you have inside sources on this deal. 

Well no, it doesn’t come from inside the meeting clearly, I doubt anyone knows what truly happened there. But it is from someone who might have a clue what’s going on. Or might just be reading in between the lines. I don’t know. But it’s far from implausible given what we know about Mel.

Edited my original post btw as it kind of read like I’d been told Mel wasn’t willing to deal with Kirchner at all. That’s just my guess given what we know about the man - and I believe (?) it was reported at one point that Kirchner was interested in a deal before we went into admin, but Mel clearly didn’t go anywhere with him back then. All I was told was it’s personal.

Edited by Millenniumram