The Administration Thread

Boycie

Recent stories have alarmed a few people but there's nothing much really in there that we weren't already aware of. 

We absolutely need this Kirchner takeover to go through. If it doesn't happen then it'll be -15 next season with no manager and players or worst case liquidation.

The stadium has always been the stumbling block because it is not owned by the club. Mel, for the future of our club that you supposedly support, please get it done. 

Lots of drama suggests something is close. I’ll repeat what I said earlier that it’s not a time to panic, it’s a time for patience. 

One thing with the stadium, unless the council and Morris agreed a deal months ago I’d take a punt that we’re still some weeks until signatures can be put to paper on exchanging the keys. So any calls for ‘Morris to get this done’ are largely pointless. Presumably there has to be a written declaration agreed that Morris will sell the stadium to the council at this point. No one is saying the deal won’t be done, they are just hearing from the EFL there’s still something to sorted out before it’s given the all clear.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Oh, let me guess....

The complication is that the opportunistic Ashley will buy the stadium from Mel and try to get the club that way.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he tried. 

CK’s position this week is brinkmanship. He’s putting pressure on council to get it done. From EFL side all looks good CK can say I’ve done my bit now you sort your bit. There is no way the council will get a deal done for the stadium this weekend. So it’s what then CK, don’t be surprised if he walks away and comes back again (if he’s serious which I think he is he will and will find a way) we’re in the final stages of negotiations for CK and his exclusivity runs out this weekend. 

There are other parties still interested, not just Ashley.

18 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Let’s see how many fans on here are still sticking up for Morris if this deal doesn’t go through …..no excuses Morris just do what is needed for the longevity of the club and sell it on mega cheap  …if you actually care you will ….

How many fans on here are still sticking up for Mel already?

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

So what? Rooney isn’t the only person in the world who could manage Derby. If he goes, he goes. Just like dozens of other good, bad or indifferent managers have. 

Couldn’t really care less who the owner is now, provided we get one and can start next season and have enough players to put a team out.

One of the best moves in recent years was Lampard's to Chelsea, then Everton.  I don't particularly warm to either but Rooney is proving that he has the bottle to hang around.   I guess people chase names and Rooney will take advantage of that while it lasts.  He'll probably manage England one day.  Just because of his name.

20 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Lots of drama suggests something is close. I’ll repeat what I said earlier that it’s not a time to panic, it’s a time for patience. 

One thing with the stadium, unless the council and Morris agreed a deal months ago I’d take a punt that we’re still some weeks until signatures can be put to paper on exchanging the keys. So any calls for ‘Morris to get this done’ are largely pointless. Presumably there has to be a written declaration agreed that Morris will sell the stadium to the council at this point. No one is saying the deal won’t be done, they are just hearing from the EFL there’s still something to sorted out before it’s given the all clear.

Certainly have to be patient when it comes to dealing with the council- they do nothing at speed. Especially after the re-election parties go long into the night.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Certainly have to be patient when it comes to dealing with the council- they do nothing at speed. Especially after the re-election parties go long into the night.

We can be patient......after all, we have what, one or two full days before the money runs out.

Hopefully, the council have started the process - Kirchner did say that's what triggered his return.

Even if the purchase isn't completed within the next 48 hours, hopefully there'll be some binding agreement between the various parties.

9 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Meanwhile at Derbyshire Live HQ… ??‍♂️

In fairness, this came through at a similar time.

It’s arguable the headline buries the lead as Kirchner has told Derbyshire Live that there’s a lot still up in the air, but he has been at Moor Farm today.

Edited by TuffLuff
Didn’t like the bloody article!