The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

I don't think this is good news at all.  If our new chairman is loaded why don't we just pay 25p in the pound and be done with it.  35p in the pound over 3 years sounds like kicking the can down the road.  There is only one reason (as I see it you would do that).... you don't have the money.  People will come back and say this may allow CK to invest in the squad earlier on..... 

CK is a businessman, he will want to pay as little as possible and get the best possible return, therefore he will be hoping that the club can pay off the additional 10p in the pound, it's perfectly logical business sense.

In a short period of time Kirchner has told us Rooney will be here next season. He has also confirmed that circa 40 players are needed and that initial investment is needed.

And now we are hearing the EFL are happy with his proposals and we could be starting next season without a points deduction.

Sounding good.

16 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

I don't think this is good news at all.  If our new chairman is loaded why don't we just pay 25p in the pound and be done with it.  35p in the pound over 3 years sounds like kicking the can down the road.  There is only one reason (as I see it you would do that).... you don't have the money.  People will come back and say this may allow CK to invest in the squad earlier on..... 

It might be to accommodate a payment plan for HMRC over 3 years if they aren't gonna settle for 25% now.  An extra year of EFL budget scrutiny and restrictions is the downside.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In a short period of time Kirchner has told us Rooney will be here next season. He has also confirmed that circa 40 players are needed and that initial investment is needed.

And now we are hearing the EFL are happy with his proposals and we could be starting next season without a points deduction.

Sounding good.

What have the EFL said, must have missed that ?

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

When will all this happen do you think.

Given all our financial difficulties I think we are lucky at the moment to have a club which stands a good chance of surviving.

I really hope that after our immediate debts are dealt with that our owner will be able to start investing in all the extra things that make a match day a much more pleasurable experience and improve our facilities for everyone. No idea of the time scale, but hopefully it will come.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

When will all this happen do you think.

I think these were proposals developed by Mel, partly to justify and explain a seemingly high value for the stadium.

But they do show a possible plan. I think this design relied on an extra tier being added to the East Stand, as the new building actually attached at that first floor level on a higher concourse. So probably only worth doing if/when we are looking at Premiership football. 

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think these were proposals developed by Mel, partly to justify and explain a seemingly high value for the stadium.

But they do show a possible plan. I think this design relied on an extra tier being added to the East Stand, as the new building actually attached at that first floor level on a higher concourse. So probably only worth doing if/when we are looking at Premiership football. 

Like I said we shall raise again and when we do football world be looking at new power being built by rooney and co.

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Just read Nixon’s patreon post (via ramswriter pod on Twitter) and it only says paying 35p in the £1 is only a possibility so maybe don’t get too excited!

Sounds like there has been some postive movement though.

I think the rules say 35p in the pound over two years. Nicko says CK is offering 35p in the pound over 3 years.

So we are asking for some bending of the rules there.

However, I believe there is precedence. I believe Bolton have been given a 3 year deal to pay 35p in the pound, and have avoided a 15 point penalty.

That gives me hope. EFL would be in a tricky position if they were to offer that deal to Bolton but not us.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sounding good.

Y6f2bu.gif

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think the rules say 35p in the pound over two years. Nicko says CK is offering 35p in the pound over 3 years.

So we are asking for some bending of the rules there.

However, I believe there is precedence. I believe Bolton have been given a 3 year deal to pay 35p in the pound, and have avoided a 15 point penalty.

That gives me hope. EFL would be in a tricky position if they were to offer that deal to Bolton but not us.

Any link T’Bolton deal mate ?

20 minutes ago, Indy said:

The original photo I posted earlier was for the Pride plaza which was first mentioned in 2007 and was then superseded by the east stand development under Mel.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter...I can't copy and paste so this will have to do.

"EFL summit today with good news on points deduction front. Kirchner could pay 35p in pound and avoid 15 points deduction next year"

Actually this is the tweet.

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
Derby in EFL summit talks … with good news on progress and penalty points front.

Kirchner will do 35p/£ over three years to avoid the 15pt penalty, met with the EFL today.

#dcfc

Anyone know if this means we have to operate under a transfer embargo for those 3 years in that case?