The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, rammieib said:

Every tweet of his is deliberately vague.

I’m all too aware. It’s partly the reason lots of people don’t like or trust what he has to say, which I get. A mate of mine works high up in the media and comms team of a PL club, and whilst acknowledging Nixon can be hard work he has told me that he is at least good at his job and has reliable sources. All opinions and hearsay I suppose ??‍♂️
Until we have official word from Quantuma or the club I’m just grasping at straws looking for a tiny bit of hope.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Can you imagine the hoo-ha from certain other EFL club owners if we have this further points deduction applied in such a way that it has no effect? 

It will either be applied so as to relegate us this season, or to handicap us next season, I have no doubt about it. 

Of course, the EFL feeling on the matter will be...

683778826_whynotboth.jpg.3eb09b3127619ea232e059885d8fa098.jpg

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m all too aware. It’s partly the reason lots of people don’t like or trust what he has to say, which I get. A mate of mine works high up in the media and comms team of a PL club, and whilst acknowledging Nixon can be hard work he has told me that he is at least good at his job and has reliable sources. All opinions and hearsay I suppose ??‍♂️
Until we have official word from Quantuma or the club I’m just grasping at straws looking for a tiny bit of hope.

It did seem we were at rock bottom on this process and am trying to stay calm but failing this morning. Have so much to do but its just refresh, refresh, refresh this morning. Just wondering if I can put down to "IT issues" on my timesheet?

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mike Ashley would be exactly the same.

The only way he makes profit is by footballing success.

I am talking about Ashley. He's not bothered by winning, he wouldn't care if Leeds and Forest smashed us twice a year for 20years as long as he's earning a profit.

15 hours ago, Miggins said:

Not sure about that, @kevinhectoring. It may seem like that to us fans on the outside but none of us know what the inside machinations have been and I guess we will never know.

So (re)listen to Hoskin’s first RD interview and consider where we now are. It says it all. A difficult mandate for sure but they’ve proved not up to it. They’ve been too slow, too much they’ve treated the appointment as a marketing exercise, their comms (with bidders, litigants the EFl) have been severely criticised and the bidders have run rings around them in the M&A process. Oh and then the football creditors’ debacle... You don’t need to be on the inside to see what has happened, and anyway until they stopped speaking to us they were telling us in their corporate code what was going on  

13 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm starting to think it's gonna end up being Kirchner making a return if these latest rumours of an incoming PB announcement are true. He left the Preston negotiations, tweeted about all becoming clear soon and apparently a few people affiliated with BAWT were liking and responding positively to Kirchner's tweet (not checked that myself, just what I'd read on Twitter).

Looks like you could well be right. I hope it is a serious offer and he is named as the preferred bidder so we can get the ball rolling to plan for next season.

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

EFL have rules which state that if we were relegated (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply in the following season.

If we survived relegation (as it stands with -21), then the further points deduction would apply this season.

I'm sure they have another rule which states that points deuctions have to be made before the 4th Thursday in March (so too late for this season in any case).

Yrs, but the - 15 points can still be applied to this season because of that long standing rule which has been in place since next June. 

Not that I really understand any of this, but is it possible CK’s offer is enough to pay the 25% so we don’t get docked the 15 extra points? Having absolutely had enough with last week’s shenanigans I find myself drawn back into it all which I’m sure isn’t good for me!

Edited by archram
Numbers wrong!

Just as something is finally happening I’ll be out of the area today doing a driver awareness course after being caught doing 71 miles an hour on the motorway at 11pm on the way back from the Huddersfield away match. I blame the EFL.

16 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Agree. What we have seen on the pitch this season, in the city, in the stands is blood sweat and tears from all who are passionate about our club. MA on the other hand seemed totally dispassionate and unwilling to pay a penny more than necessary. I don't think he would have been happy owning a club in League 1.

I'm happy with this news about Chris 'Once a Ram, always a Ram' Kirchner and I hope it fires us up for a win on Saturday. Exciting times ahead as long as we can keep Wayne and as much of our squad as possible. COYR!

He spent plenty at Newcastle and got them promoted twice, he obviously wasn't happy with his 'business' being sat in the Championship!

3 minutes ago, archram said:

Not that I really understand any of this, but is it possible CK’s offer is enough to pay the 25% so we don’t get docked the 21 points? Having absolutely had enough with last week’s shenanigans I find myself drawn back into it all which I’m sure isn’t good for me!

I meant the extra 15 points! This counts as early morning for me! Just realised I could edit last post so please completely ignore this one!!

Edited by archram