The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Bottom line is Mel wants MSD repaid - be that £20m or £22m or even a bit more - from this administration process.

Ashley, nor any other serious businessperson imo, is going to pay large bucks for the club without taking full stadium ownership. So if Morris sells to the Council I think Ashley and others will walk away from the table (not that Ashley is overly close to the table at the minute). No matter what all the twisting and turning of this thread, the problem is Morris. He should personally settle the debts with MSD, and agree to hand ‘our stadium’ back, foc, as part of the sale. The Administrators can then actually complete their job which is to get the best recovery possible for the creditors, and to make sure who they select through the process, has the wherewithal to run the club after it comes out of administration. In short, cough up and duck off Morris.

All true. But if he doesn't then the Council seem to be saying as per their latest statement there is a fallback plan. We do not really want to use public money for this but otherwise public money is lost anyway due to loss of taxes etc. 

Which means Quantuma cannot pull the plug.. there is still hope even if a commercial buyer cannot be found.   

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

No matter what all the twisting and turning of this thread, the problem is Morris. He should personally settle the debts with MSD, and agree to hand ‘our stadium’ back, foc, as part of the sale. The Administrators can then actually complete their job which is to get the best recovery possible for the creditors, and to make sure who they select through the process, has the wherewithal to run the club after it comes out of administration. In short, cough up and duck off Morris.

Yep - he genuinely thought that putting the club into administration was yet another "clever trick" he could pull to get himself out of the club on a break-even keel. Instead it's proven to be yet another gamble of his that hasn't paid off. He needs to just suck it up like every other business that fails. Sadly people like him don't ever see why they should have to face financial ruin because of their own stupidity. 

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

"The Council SHOULD have the best interests of the City at heart" would be a better way to express it, but history shows that it doesn't pan out like that - Assembly Rooms, A52 bridge anybody?

The 52 footbridge took that long , Councilers were getting death threats.There will be people who are against buying PP , so they better get ready for kickback.

I wonder what the deadline is?

Is it the last match of the season, when the income stops for a few months?

Is it June 1 when the out of contract players can sign for other clubs?

Is there a date by which we have to sign up for inclusion in the league?

All of those are a few weeks away, but how long will a buyout takes once we actually have a buyer?

So is there a point where Quantuma switch from looking for a buyer to preparing for liquidation?

My instincts are telling me that everything will be OK. The problem is that my logical brain is telling me that we only have a few days left to find an actual buyer.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder what the deadline is?

Is it the last match of the season, when the income stops for a few months?

Is it June 1 when the out of contract players can sign for other clubs?

Is there a date by which we have to sign up for inclusion in the league?

All of those are a few weeks away, but how long will a buyout takes once we actually have a buyer?

So is there a point where Quantuma switch from looking for a buyer to preparing for liquidation?

My instincts are telling me that everything will be OK. The problem is that my logical brain is telling me that we only have a few days left to find an actual buyer.

Given how much of a song and dance the EFL made about demonstrating funding for this season, I would imagine that they will need proof again before they would even think of letting us take part in another season. Logically they might require that proof before fixture lists were drawn up because if we don't know who is in what league then it might have potential implications for who plays at home on the same day re policing etc.

There is presumably no way that we can provide those assurances as we stand so I would imagine that time is running out fast. We have to be able to sell STs etc to stand any chance of continuing. This is just not a can that can be kicked down the road any further.

5 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Given how much of a song and dance the EFL made about demonstrating funding for this season, I would imagine that they will need proof again before they would even think of letting us take part in another season. Logically they might require that proof before fixture lists were drawn up because if we don't know who is in what league then it might have potential implications for who plays at home on the same day re policing etc.

There is presumably no way that we can provide those assurances as we stand so I would imagine that time is running out fast. We have to be able to sell STs etc to stand any chance of continuing. This is just not a can that can be kicked down the road any further.

It's the Derby Way - a miraculous final game of the season where we secure our Championship status only to be liquidated the following day.....

In all seriousness, if there's no prospect of a PB, then they could move to liquidate us at any point - I'd guess at the end of the season as bums on seats will bring in some income so they'll be reluctant to lose out on that....

Edited by Gaspode

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Agreed, I don't think the sale will go through until our fate is known, unless the bidders have been asked to submit 2 bids each, one based on championship football and one lg1. This could complicate matters whereby the PB for the championship could be different to the PB for lg1.

Regarding the sale of PP, I can see MM's side of the argument. If he accepts a low price, he is not giving the stadium to us, he's giving to some very rich people at a bargain price. However, he could accept a low price off the council and in effect give it to the people of Derbyshire at a low price. At the figures being discussed, the ground would give a decent annual return on the investment, with the possibility of selling the ground to the clubs owners in better times, for a considerable profit.

Your arguments flawed here, seriously giving to some rich guys the stadium, hardly giving at 20 million.

Plus mm is responsible at least to a major degree for the huge debt and the mess with the efl.

The mess with mb/w is also on him.

We owe hmrc 30 million largely because of him.

We owe arsenal fc 8 million largely on him, because of mm poor decision to bring in a player of that value.

We owe msd 30 million, largely on him.

Having placed the club into this much debt, and them what, he's right to blame buyers for leaving the club in administration and being responsible at least in part for the 21 points dished out by the efl.

Creating that much debt, creating an atmosphere of fear over will the club continue to exist.

Now it's OK for mm to get some money for the stadium.

Does the money for the stadium at least involve the repayment of the msd loan? No, it doesn't.

And for that matter who is mm other than a rich guy who played us for fools and bankrupted the club he says he loves.

43 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

All true. But if he doesn't then the Council seem to be saying as per their latest statement there is a fallback plan. We do not really want to use public money for this but otherwise public money is lost anyway due to loss of taxes etc. 

Which means Quantuma cannot pull the plug.. there is still hope even if a commercial buyer cannot be found.   

They said "Our preference is for a buyer to purchase the club and stadium outright."...that's all folks

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-takeover-news-stadium-6903431

"Our ambitious Capital Investment Programme over the next three years builds on the significant investments we’ve made in recent years. "Our programme balances regeneration and economic proposals, alongside investment for our citizens.”

Edited by Curtains

5 minutes ago, Rampant said:

What would happen if Mel were to pass away suddenly? Does the stadium pass to his next of kin or to MSD?

The stadium would continue to be owned by the stadium holding company.

Mel's shares in that company would form part of his estate and be passed to whoever his will dictates they be passed on to (presumably one of his next of kin).

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yep - he genuinely thought that putting the club into administration was yet another "clever trick" he could pull to get himself out of the club on a break-even keel. Instead it's proven to be yet another gamble of his that hasn't paid off. He needs to just suck it up like every other business that fails. Sadly people like him don't ever see why they should have to face financial ruin because of their own stupidity. 

Problem is Q thought they’d sell for enough to clear MSD. So the deal they did early on with Morris was presumably: if you play ball with us, you don’t have to pay off MSD.   He’s now in the position where he’s paid off Gibbo, he’s allowed use of the stadium rent free,  and Q are now saying, oh dear we got it all wrong, we need you to pay another ?15m. 
Two things will really stick in his craw - first, Q have through gross incompetence, contributed to the shortfall including though their own mounting fees. And second, if he bails the club out one last time and if things go well in the next couple of seasons , he’s just made a parting gift to the new buyers. Or that’s how he’ll see it 

whatever, Mm needs to get on with it and agree a deal 

44 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They said "Our preference is for a buyer to purchase the club and stadium outright."...that's all folks

Responding to rumours about Council planning to buy the stadium they could just have said no they are not. Then it would be that's all folks. BBC seem to think there is a fallback plan.