The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The club has virtually no assets. It has the name and the golden share and some players. Most of those player will, as things stand, be leaving in the summer, stripping the club of most of the assets it has left. 

The club is all but worthless.

I believe there is a valuable diary in the safe written by Wayne Rooney called...My thoughts on the officials in the Championship...it could be a block buster ?

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This has the feel of a Mike Ashley purchase at the eleventh hour. The bid is likely to be just enough to pay creditors enough to avoid a 15 point deduction next season whilst slashing Mel's £20m wish. All about timing. 

NOT ITK

I agree, though I'm not sure on the paying just enough to avoid the penalty. Having worked around the guy at the time he bought Newcastle and seeing how ruthless he was back then. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the deduction to save money and get the club for as little as possible. From what I saw, Mike likes to know he has won, and he likes you to know he has won too.

I hope I'm wrong as any owner willing to take deduction and run us to near extinction just to save some cash is not a person I'd want running the club.....but I guess we can't be choosy and the "fan" that bought the club last time hasn't done us much good in the long run either lol

29 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I agree, though I'm not sure on the paying just enough to avoid the penalty. Having worked around the guy at the time he bought Newcastle and seeing how ruthless he was back then. I wouldn't be surprised if he took the deduction to save money and get the club for as little as possible. From what I saw, Mike likes to know he has won, and he likes you to know he has won too.

I hope I'm wrong as any owner willing to take deduction and run us to near extinction just to save some cash is not a person I'd want running the club.....but I guess we can't be choosy and the "fan" that bought the club last time hasn't done us much good in the long run either lol

He'll have won if he gets Mel and/or the admins to take a reduced amount

8 hours ago, Simon Bradley said:

They need to get this sorted before end season I think once sorted players will get a lift and definitely avoid league 1

I’m not so sure. Obviously our away form is shocking but, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen such togetherness and backs against the wall fighting spirit. If it was sorted before the end of the season the sense of relief could actually be detrimental to that spirit.

Obviously I want it sorting as soon as possible but I fear that it wouldn’t really give the players that much of a lift given our threadbare squad is already giving as much it can. It could be argued I guess, that if we were able to tie some players down with actual contracts for next season then they may be more motivated to try harder but, I’m not sure I’ve seen much evidence of any of them coasting.

I’ve asked this before but does anyone know how the sale of season tickets will be done? 
any new buyer would immediately draw circa £5m of income in April imo even for L1 such would be the relief of survival and a new start. We need to get to a point where the business can safely sell season tickets. 

Btw to those who say the club has no assets of value I would say any new owner would see the almost guaranteed income streams as the main asset. Yes this will go down for a period when we regroup in L1 but a long term view is that we will always generate good income flows in the Champ and at some stage we will return to the prem

When people meet with Q no one asks the question “is the price of the club based upon us staying in the Championship?” 
I think the answer to that may make it more clear why there is not much movement. I am not sure how much difference in price it would be but I know it would make a big difference for a Premier League club.

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

DET article states that we won't receive a penny of any transfer fee it all will go straight back to cover outstanding payments on his original transfer fee which we haven't settled yet this is just to wipe the original slate clean with Lech Poznan and the figure we will actually receive which will go straight back to Lech Poznan is £1 million.

The article does mention Nixons name several times so read into that what you will

You are right to be sceptical of Nixon, and his contribution here was garbled as always. But the gist of it is consistent with previous reports.. there was a big instalment due earlier this year on Jozwiak. That would leave around £5.5 million total of all transfer fees outstanding.. the £8.3 m offiically reported in the statement of affairs in November less transfer instalments paid  since then , principally on Jozwiak and Bielik. The same wonky report in the Daily Telegraph that first quoted the £8m outstanding amount on Bielik also said there was a £1.4 m instalment due in October, and that was deferred by arsenal until January. Now paid I believe.    

So £5.5 million would be my estimate of total fees now outstanding. Most of that for Bielik, the rest for Jozwiak.       

17 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Btw to those who say the club has no assets of value I would say any new owner would see the almost guaranteed income streams as the main asset. Yes this will go down for a period when we regroup in L1 but a long term view is that we will always generate good income flows in the Champ and at some stage we will return to the prem

Exactly. £30 m of revenue before COVID. Really offering £30 m in total for the club including the stadium is taking the pish.

18 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

When people meet with Q no one asks the question “is the price of the club based upon us staying in the Championship?” 
I think the answer to that may make it more clear why there is not much movement. I am not sure how much difference in price it would be but I know it would make a big difference for a Premier League club.

The price of the club is based on the amount of debt owed - the value of the club is based on which division we're in next season - they're two completely different numbers and that's why it's so hard to find a willing buyer....

I know its the Sun and I know our positions are totally different but Chelsea apparently after 2 days have a £110m lifeline to stop them going out of business due to MPs renegotiating their special licence. 2 days. For a club that was essentially Millwall with some celeb fans. Not an old historic club who were founding members of the league but a club allowed to thrive based on extremely dodgy money. 2 days. What do our MPs have to say about that? Article says 

"But MPs yesterday revealed that two days of negotiations with club chiefs had resulted in a revised licence which will now allow the Blues to access previously FROZEN television and prize money.

Chelsea are permitted to use all the  potential £35m in TV income from the Prem and Uefa until the end of the season PLUS all prize money they are due from domestic and European competitions.

They are set to pocket £39m from the Prem if they stay in third place — and up to £36m if they retain their Champions League crown."

well isnt that nice

31 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

How dare you post on here with your common sense and optimism. You will be banned!! 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they tell us buy tickets many of us just want renew out season tickets extra income for the club.

Season Ticket money is released over time. If the Club sold 20,000 season tickets tomorrow, the money is not available immediately.