The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Is Ashley even in the bidding? If he isn’t it’ll be Appelby or perhaps Abu rekindles his interest. 

My assessment is that Ashley is only interested if we remain a Championship club. He wants us because he wants the glamour of owning a Premier League club, but if we're relegated it becomes too difficult a task and is certainly not worth his money of paying off the creditors to a sufficient degree not to get a 15 point penalty in League One. He can take it or leave it and would just walk away. There'll be other opportunities in the future. And, of course, he will already be looking south at Chelsea and wondering if there's a deal to be done.

If we go down (as has to be very likely) I think the only (and therefore preferred) bidder will be the Appleby consortium, but they haven't got the money so they would (hopefully) step in to keep the club alive, but have to take the 15 point hit. Meaning we may well go straight down into League Two the following season.

This is entirely speculation on my part. If true, then for the future of the club we need to perform on the pitch through to the end of May. Everything feels on a knife edge but we're a far more attractive option as a Championship club, given the amount of money involved. 

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe. But before December who had heard of Luke Plange? Not many. A "desperate player exodus" may have cost us a few promising players plus Shinnie and Jags but was that what has put off the buyers? I don't see that the clubs value can be all that affected since December although prospect of losing more players in the summer could do. 

Well. Plange emerged, clubs noticed him and his transfer became essentially a passport to liquidity along with other departures - required because of the persistence of the ambiguity of the parasite claims, until Mel elected to shift Gibson from his pulpit.

Prospective bidders have been always inhibited by the prospect of those unknown liabilities and now the world situation won't help things :((

Edited by Woodypecker

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My assessment is that Ashley is only interested if we remain a Championship club. He wants us because he wants the glamour of owning a Premier League club, but if we're relegated it becomes too difficult a task and is certainly not worth his money of paying off the creditors to a sufficient degree not to get a 15 point penalty in League One. He can take it or leave it and would just walk away. There'll be other opportunities in the future. And, of course, he will already be looking south at Chelsea and wondering if there's a deal to be done.

If we go down (as has to be very likely) I think the only (and therefore preferred) bidder will be the Appleby consortium, but they haven't got the money so they would (hopefully) step in to keep the club alive, but have to take the 15 point hit. Meaning we may well go straight down into League Two the following season.

This is entirely speculation on my part. If true, then for the future of the club we need to perform on the pitch through to the end of May. Everything feels on a knife edge but we're a far more attractive option as a Championship club, given the amount of money involved. 

If Ashley only wanted us if we are a Championship club he should have done a deal sooner and allowed us to strengthen. Losing players and the inability to sign players will ultimately cost us. 

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

If Ashley only wanted us if we are a Championship club he should have done a deal sooner and allowed us to strengthen. Losing players and the inability to sign players will ultimately cost us. 

See you have just sold your Polish international to MLS team for £2m to keep you going to season end.

48 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Bet Ashley's shins are black and blue from kicking himself 

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

But we still owe £8,000,000 of his fee. There have been some very good players come into the Championship this season from non league  i e Zorba Thomas. Our recruitment has to improve by miles, especially now.

Horse, stable, bolted 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Yes, I eluded to this in another post. Keeping Jagielka and Shinney, with one or two additions, we would most certainly be outside the relegation zone.  

14 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, I eluded to this in another post. Keeping Jagielka and Shinney, with one or two additions, we would most certainly be outside the relegation zone.  

Unrealistic to expect Ashley to have bought us before the window closed (as @ollycutts1982suggested) because the vile Gibbo claim was still ongoing 

For the Administrators to have rejected the £30m bid from the Binnie brothers suggests there is better deals with the remaining bidders. If there is'nt, they are taken a big gamble with one bidder gone and possibly only 2 left. Hope these idiots are not being advised by Mel, who gambled with the club too many times.

22 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

For the Administrators to have rejected the £30m bid from the Binnie brothers suggests there is better deals with the remaining bidders. If there is'nt, they are taken a big gamble with one bidder gone and possibly only 2 left. Hope these idiots are not being advised by Mel, who gambled with the club too many times.

TBH, the Administrators were appointed by Mel, they've had several offers, my take on this is until the right offer comes in aka, a deal that includes an acceptable price for the stadium, there will be no preferred bidder.

Its also a distinct possibility that, this is all smoke and mirrors, there is on intention at all to have a preferred bidder, let us go bust.

Why?  Ashley may well be happy to see us start at the bottom of Lg 2 after buying the stadium for £30-35M.  He gets a club without debts, sanctions or debt or dirt digging on the accounts.  He can invest bigtime with no FFP constraints, back in Championship within 2 seasons....

Likeliest ourcome the more I think about it....  If we stay up, this could change though!

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I actually think it is Mel and Quantuma that should have done their deal sooner.

Ashley clearly had a bid on the table, but if rumours are to be believed, the sticking point is that Mel and Quantuma aren't liking what they will be getting out the deal.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I actually think it is Mel and Quantuma that should have done their deal sooner.

Ashley clearly had a bid on the table, but if rumours are to be believed, the sticking point is that Mel and Quantuma aren't liking what they will be getting out the deal.

Yep, I have the feeling that Mel is still pulling the strings on Quantuma admin. If he's gambling on a better deal, it might go tits up.

The case could be, that the remaining bidders have advised the administrators not to act until they know the outcome of which league Derby will be in next season. Which means, they could have both submitted 2 bids, one for a championship club and one for a League 1 club. Which means the winning bidder will not be announced this week, next week, shortly or even imminently.